[JB][CM10.1]★Electra ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300★ ✰UPDATED 02/05/2013✰ ★V3★

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31
Great rom kyan31 !!!

Bug thah I found/noticed is:

- force closed Trebutcher

- force closed Apollo (since version 1.0 of Apollo while listening music and change or try to find sond)

- reboot if we set max OC. I think is voltage problem (the same problem is with CM9.1 dazzo, after install another kernel http://www.modaco.co...deep-sleep-fix/ rom works great - battery life, speed - great governor)

- sometime when I try to unlock phone doesn't work (I press the power button and nothing happens)

- writing gestures does not work (I used Xperia keyboard)

- wery often when wy try to change theme in theme chooser many apps force closed

- when I test Pie control phone a few time reboot.

And the top: more optimizations and more update, everyone love update! :)

My suggestions:

- more update :)

- more optimizations

- possiblity to set "don't show again" in warning about hearing lost while we set vol +

Use Aroma installer and here possiblity to:

- change size of button in Quick Setting panel

- another add-ons

- some apps

1) I don't think Trebuchet and Apollo have FCs at all, have you installed with full wipes?

2) The overclock thing is normal, as we have no voltage settings we cant grant the CPU extra power. However, if we did have voltage, our CPU could be clocked to a whopping 1.5 GHz as our CPU supports it. I believe Dazzozo actually clocked his to 1.5 without reboots, until he started Antutu.

3) Writing gestures do work, I use it all the time with my stock keyboard.

4)Apps may FC when you switch themes as the systemUI is being restarted, once the theme is fully loaded, everything will be fine. Could you give me a list of the apps that FC as you change the theme?

5) The Pie control feature was never intended for our device, its only for devices with soft keys such as the Nexus 4. This means it could still be a little buggy on the G300, though in most cases it should be fine.

6) There are lots of addons available on the opening post, though an Aroma installer version would be quite cool. I will also make the low volume message less temperamental in the next version.

Edited by kyan31

Guest kyan31
HI kyan31,

found an other bug, cant fix it myself .

Settings/SECURITY>SMS MESSAGE LIMIT>crash

I actually have that bug too :blink:

Thanks for pointing it out, I'll get cracking soon ;)

Guest kyan31
I've been away from this forum too long by the looks of it!

Time to update from cm10.1 r3 to this.

"Great job Kyan, do you want to work in I.T/coding in the future?!"

I actually do want to work around those fields. I'm already programming, working around robotics, and doing a lot of product design, which is very cool :)

Hopefully the ROM works well.

Guest nobody008

Suggestion:

Show Ram bar in recent apps screen

A extremely minor problem I found:

Settings/Themes (rotate screen to horizontal view press back --- force close)

Thanks alot for the rom! :)

hope there are much more battery improvements in future

Guest sssingletrack

I actually do want to work around those fields. I'm already programming, working around robotics, and doing a lot of product design, which is very cool :)

Hopefully the ROM works well.

The ROM is working brilliantly. You got yourself a Raspberry Pi?

Bit of topic, but ah well.

Guest kyan31

The ROM is working brilliantly. You got yourself a Raspberry Pi?

Bit of topic, but ah well.

Not yet, i'm definitely thinking of getting one though as I could use it as the "brain" of one of my projects.

Guest kyan31

Suggestion:

Show Ram bar in recent apps screen

A extremely minor problem I found:

Settings/Themes (rotate screen to horizontal view press back --- force close)

Thanks alot for the rom! smile.png

hope there are much more battery improvements in future

I have that error too, I think all my ROM stripping has caused a lot of bugs with rotating etc. I'll definitely leave the apks as they are when building roms in the future.

I'll make a patch right now soon to fix the mms.apk and this bug too, plus extras if necessary.

Edited by kyan31

Guest kyan31

PATCH

Ok, I have made a patch for the MMS.apk, which should allow all 3rd party launchers to work correctly. Unfortunately I couldn't fix the other FC's as they aren't as straightforward to fix. I'll try to fix them later.

DOWNLOAD

Guest kyan31

Boost Electra's performance

After some sleuthing, it seems that the battery tweaks in my ROM cause Electra's performance to decrease. Fortunately, I have made some ZIP's which can remove the battery tweaks and increase the performance.

Performance Booster - Will improve the performance, and may fix wakelock, but your battery will be back like stock CM10.1

Battery Booster - You may have a slight decrease in performance, but your battery will be noticeably improved

Guest kyan31

Thank you!!! smile.png

also, what kind of robotic projects do you do?

Many, I mainly make automated projects as that really tests my programming skills to the max. I started programming with this kit when I was 10, but I have now moved on from those days and i'm doing a lot of Arduino work. So far I have made a car out of wood and servos that follows lines and avoids walls. It seems easy, but the actually coding is a pain as it involves lots of variables etc.

Edited by kyan31

Guest george109

Many, I mainly make automated projects as that really tests my programming skills to the max. I started programming with this kit when I was 10, but I have now moved on from those days and i'm doing a lot of Arduino work. So far I have made a car out of wood and servos that follows lines and avoids walls. It seems easy, but the actually coding is a pain as it involves lots of variables etc.

Cool! You should make a video of them in action!

Also I think you would like this person on YouTube called KipKay he does loads of hacks and pranks. Just google kipkay.

Guest saiem1

Boost Electra's performance

After some sleuthing, it seems that the battery tweaks in my ROM cause Electra's performance to decrease. Fortunately, I have made some ZIP's which can remove the battery tweaks and increase the performance.

Performance Booster - Will improve the performance, and may fix wakelock, but your battery will be back like stock CM10.1

Battery Booster - You may have a slight decrease in performance, but your battery will be noticeably improved

Kyan can you tell me the MAIN changes in both of these please? ;)

Guest kyan31

Kyan can you tell me the MAIN changes in both of these please? wink.png

One zip removes my build prop battery tweaks, the other re-adds them. Simples ;)

Guest kyan31

Cool! You should make a video of them in action!

Also I think you would like this person on YouTube called KipKay he does loads of hacks and pranks. Just google kipkay.

Yeah I know about KipKay, his video's used to be awesome but I haven't seen him do anything good recently :(

You should look at this guy called Denha, he makes marble run projects which are pretty mindblowing. Oh, and I would make my own videos but I need a camcorder first.

Guest george109

Yeah I know about KipKay, his video's used to be awesome but I haven't seen him do anything good recently :(

You should look at this guy called Denha, he makes marble run projects which are pretty mindblowing. Oh, and I would make my own videos but I need a camcorder first.

I know :( Also, I'll look at that tomorrow :)

Also, you could use your G300... what's the video like with the bravia engine?

Guest saiem1

One zip removes my build prop battery tweaks, the other re-adds them. Simples ;)

LoL thanks for fast reply :P

Flashed Performance Zip because i like to be faastt ^_^

Edited by saiem1

Guest kyan31

I know sad.png Also, I'll look at that tomorrow smile.png

Also, you could use your G300... what's the video like with the bravia engine?

The video quality looks good, but I would really like to show my projects in higher res.

Guest george109

The video quality looks good, but I would really like to show my projects in higher res.

Cool, also I know I have said this before, but I made a small mistake with my screenshots but just to confirm in quick settings, in the Bluetooth box, when Bluetooth is completely off the icon is white with a black background... (so it's lit up as if it's on). Is this normal as according to tillaz's screenshots they look like the opposite to me, I'm just very confused! :wacko:

Edited by george109

Guest kyan31

Cool, also I know I have said this before, but I made a small mistake with my screenshots but just to confirm in quick settings, in the Bluetooth box, when Bluetooth is completely off the icon is white with a black background... (so it's lit up as if it's on). Is this normal as according to tillaz's screenshots they look like the opposite to me, I'm just very confused! wacko.png

It should be normal as I haven't altered bluetooth or it's settings at all. Do you have a theme running? That could be the cause.