[JB][CM10.1]★Electra ROM For The Huawei Ascend G300★ ✰UPDATED 02/05/2013✰ ★V3★

Guest kyan31

Guest tillaz

Cool, also I know I have said this before, but I made a small mistake with my screenshots but just to confirm in quick settings, in the Bluetooth box, when Bluetooth is completely off the icon is white with a black background... (so it's lit up as if it's on). Is this normal as according to tillaz's screenshots they look like the opposite to me, I'm just very confused! wacko.png

it is normal as the pictures i posted where the actual resources from AOSP 4.2,

it does look odd though... that's why i changed it in my themes,

white when off post-913969-0-73887800-1367105989.png

blue out line when on post-913969-0-95922400-1367105988.png

solid blue when connected post-913969-0-58703000-1367105990.png

feel free to use those, just drag and drop them into the drawable-hdpi folder in systemUI.apk

Guest AussieExpat

BROWSER VIDEO PROBLEM

I realise this may not have "anything" to do with this ROM, but someone else has brought it up before, without resolution, so was wondering if there's been any further development.

Does anyone know about this ROMs support for viewing videos in browsers?

I navigate to this site:

http://clbb.mgh.harvard.edu/watch-ed-hundert-discusses-three-approaches-to-the-mind/

and the embedded video on the page produces the attached error message:

although the wording varies ("ack!! ....." "Sorry, ....." etc) no browser that I've tried can play the video -- and I've tried 6 -- "stock", Boat, Chrome, Dolphin, Maxton, Opera Mobile

any ideas?

post-1010525-0-85420700-1367132366_thumb

Guest kyan31
BROWSER VIDEO PROBLEM

I realise this may not have "anything" to do with this ROM, but someone else has brought it up before, without resolution, so was wondering if there's been any further development.

Does anyone know about this ROMs support for viewing videos in browsers?

I navigate to this site:

http://clbb.mgh.harvard.edu/watch-ed-hundert-discusses-three-approaches-to-the-mind/

and the embedded video on the page produces the attached error message:

although the wording varies ("ack!! ....." "Sorry, ....." etc) no browser that I've tried can play the video -- and I've tried 6 -- "stock", Boat, Chrome, Dolphin, Maxton, Opera Mobile

any ideas?

Your answer is right there on the page, you need flash player. Unfortunately JB doesn't support flash, only HTML so your not in luck. Also, the flash player workarounds for JB won't work either as there are problems with the graphic libraries in CM10.1 (I think that's the problem, correct me if I'm wrong).

Guest kyan31

it is normal as the pictures i posted where the actual resources from AOSP 4.2,

it dose look odd though... that's why i changed it in my themes,

white when off post-913969-0-73887800-1367105989.png

blue out line when on post-913969-0-95922400-1367105988.png

solid blue when connected post-913969-0-58703000-1367105990.png

feel free to use those, just drag and drop them into the drawable-hdpi folder in systemUI.apk

OK, I'll add these images to Electra V3, and everything should be nice and easy to understand. I have looked at the Bluetooth tile and I do get what the others mean.

Guest AussieExpat

Your answer is right there on the page, you need flash player. Unfortunately JB doesn't support flash, only HTML so your not in luck. Also, the flash player workarounds for JB won't work either as there are problems with the graphic libraries in CM10.1 (I think that's the problem, correct me if I'm wrong).

thanks for the prompt response -- I guess it's the "workarounds" I was interested in -- had "sorta" read about them, but didn't (really) know, and was hoping I had failed to do something I could simply fix (like browser settings, or use a different browser) but ...

Guest george109

OK, I'll add these images to Electra V3, and everything should be nice and easy to understand. I have looked at the Bluetooth tile and I do get what the others mean.

Thanks for the future fix :)

Guest AussieExpat

thanks for the prompt response -- I guess it's the "workarounds" I was interested in -- had "sorta" read about them, but didn't (really) know, and was hoping I had failed to do something I could simply fix (like browser settings, or use a different browser) but ...

Mind you, it's very disappointing -- you mean we might still need desktops to do some things?? ;-D

Guest AussieExpat

LAUNCHER PROBLEM OR SOMETHING ELSE?

I've seen on this topic area before where people had some problems with GO Launcher, that were linked to settings.apk -- correct? I couldn't see where this issue had been resolved,

I've had some problems with GO Launcher myself, and uninstalled it, but now I've noticed that I get the error message at "odd" times: "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped."

and so tried to "uninstall" everything and start afresh -- unplug/remove battery; Wipe data/factory reset; wipe cache; wipe dalvik cache; flash original R2 (not the Performance or Battery version) ROM and GAPPS zips again -- system recognizes it as a "fresh" setup -- need to specify country, WiFi connection, etc, but the problem remains!!

anyone have any ideas on what's happening? what I need to do next?

Guest Worlon

R4 is out with RIL fix :)

When will be here the V3 with the R4 updates? (RIl fis in R4 realy working)

Edited by Worlon

Guest AussieExpat

R4 is out with RIL fix :)

When will be here the V3 with the R4 updates? (RIl fis in R4 realy working)

I've just looked and some are STILL reporting network issues though, so don't abandon this one prematurely

-- check the post by nitso

Edited by AussieExpat

Guest kyan31

It seems people still have network loss with CMR4, do you guys think it's worth rebasing? Afterall, rebasing is a big pain in the ass and i'd prefer not to do it if possible :P

Guest bigblack66

thats bad with r4 and network issue...

kyan31, it is not better to build an cm10.0 based rebase? (JB4.1.2)

name it Thunderbold or else ;)

Guest kyan31

thats bad with r4 and network issue...

kyan31, it is not better to build an cm10.0 based rebase? (JB4.1.2)

name it Thunderbold or else wink.png

Lol Thunderbold

Anyway, I don't really want to downgrade. 4.2.2 is fine :)

Guest flajko

Noob question here:

If you rebase "Electra" with CMR4 does that mean that volume rocker wake will be included?

Beacuse I really like it and I wanted to ask you to include it in your next release before CMR4 came out.

Guest kyan31

Noob question here:

If you rebase "Electra" with CMR4 does that mean that volume rocker wake will be included?

Beacuse I really like it and I wanted to ask you to include it in your next release before CMR4 came out.

Yes, the volume rocker wake would be included. Volume rocker wake is also in Electra V2, didn't you know that?

Guest george109

With the network meter, is it possible to move the clock along a bit as at the moment all I get is this: post-1000829-13671837707649_thumb.jpg Can I move everything along to fit it in?

Guest kyan31

With the network meter, is it possible to move the clock along a bit as at the moment all I get is this: post-1000829-13671837707649_thumb.jpg Can I move everything along to fit it in?

Yeah i'll make it so that the clock isn't centered anymore, and the network meter is on the left rather than right.

Guest kyan31

I've been pretty bored over the past hour, so I decided to do a little Electra rebasing :)

I have probably rebased about 70% now, and everything is just awesome. Theres lots of free ram at boot (200MB) and the UI is super smooth. I'm loving this!

post-969101-0-96014800-1367187271_thumb.post-969101-0-39713200-1367187275_thumb.post-969101-0-10255800-1367187274_thumb.post-969101-0-83076800-1367187267_thumb.

All I need to do now is:

• Update clock
  • Center clock
  • Make tiles 4 rowed
  • Add multiuser
  • change a few UI elements
  • Some other stuff

Oh, and on another note, I found a easter egg in CM10.1 :)

Go to the calculator, turn it landscape, slide to the left, and click the 'easter egg'. You'll be greeted with a cool Pokemon popup toast!

Edited by kyan31

Guest george109
I've been pretty bored over the past hour, so I decided to do a little Electra rebasing :)

I have probably rebased about 70% now, and everything is just awesome. Theres lots of free ram at boot (200MB) and the UI is super smooth. I'm loving this!

post-969101-0-96014800-1367187271_thumb.post-969101-0-39713200-1367187275_thumb.post-969101-0-10255800-1367187274_thumb.post-969101-0-83076800-1367187267_thumb.

All I need to do now is:

• Update clock
  • Center clock
  • Make tiles 4 rowed
  • Add multiuser
  • change a few UI elements
  • Some other stuff

Oh, and on another note, I found a easter egg in CM10.1 :)

Go to the calculator, turn it landscape, slide to the left, and click the 'easter egg'. You'll be greeted with a cool Pokemon popup toast!

Cool! I'll try that :)

Guest flajko

Yes, the volume rocker wake would be included. Volume rocker wake is also in Electra V2, didn't you know that?

OMG I didn't know! How can I turn it on? Or do I need to flash something?

Thanks