Ask MoDaCo: Huawei Ascend G510

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Voxpop2011

Not sure that I have the nerve for 'customisations' and will just use a launcher to change the look and reinstall the Market apps I already have.

Guest Sere83

Meh, decent for the price but any MTK MT6589 with SGX 544MP3 will eat this for breakfast. Might as well spend a touch more and get a Jiayu G4 when it drops or an iOcean X7 or Neo N3.

Guest Sebastian404

Custom ROMs.. well I know Sebastian404 bought one so he may knock out a custom recovery for the device (hint hint). Maybe a debranded ROM to get the ball rolling.

I've requested the bootloader unlock from Huawei, but yeah I had intended to build a custom recovery and debranded ROM since I (personaly) hate all the emotion UI stuff.

Our Spanish friends have already built some custom recoveries and roms...

having to unlock the bootloader might slow down the custom rom scene tho..

Guest pearsonian

with reference to sere 83s comments i have noticed alot of these weird named china phones on the net with amazing specs,does anyone have any experience with them,theres alot fo them on you tube including goophone i9 which has amazing specs,and if good what is a trustworth website to order from.If this message is in the wrong location i dont have a problem posting it somewhere else on the site.

thankyou.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.