• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

I can't unlock bootloader - what I'm doing wrong?

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So I received the code from Huawei, but I can't seem to unlock the bootloader.

I've tried the instructions from here ( http://www.huaweidev...d=getUnlockStep ), but after I enter

fastboot oem unlock ... I get no response.

What I'm doing wrong? :D

P.S. The device is detected in adb.

Edited by deniserxc

Posted (edited)

You need to enter:

Fastboot oem unlock

not

fastboot fastboot oem unlock 1234567890

(where 1234567890 is your password)

Also, can I have a screenshot, too of the command window (the printscreen key, paste it into paint and save, then go reply, more reply options and then choose files)

Edited by george109

Posted

Also, are you running the command prompt as an administrator to do this, go to the desktop, right click > new > shortcut > type

cmd 
> next > type
 cmd 

again > next > finish. Right click and then click Run as administrator. and then follow the commands.

Posted (edited)

I wrote the fastboot word twice in the post, but in cmd I wrote it good.

A picture: (same thing for "fastboot oem ..."

The command failed because I stopped after a couple of minutes.

P.S. Do I need to be on a stock ROM to unlock the bootloader? (I don't see why this should be true, but I'm asking anw :D)

post-1011351-0-72567700-1366491601_thumb

Edited by deniserxc

Posted (edited)

I got them. Anw, I think the simply fact that the adb detects the device, shows that is no problem with the drivers. :)

Edited by deniserxc

Posted

But I have looked around, and I can't see what too many links actually means, But try this:

Fastboot devices

fastboot reboot-bootloader

adb devices

fastboot unlock bootloader....

[code]

See if those commands work. Please can you give me a screenshot of that too :)

Posted (edited)

Same thing.

After adb devices, the list of adb devices attached is empty.

Edited by deniserxc

Posted

You say you're not on a stock Rom, but are you on the stock bootloader? You need to be to unlock it, you can't do it on the unofficial bootloader from this forum (the one typically installed along with CWM).

Posted

You say you're not on a stock Rom, but are you on the stock bootloader? You need to be to unlock it, you can't do it on the unofficial bootloader from this forum (the one typically installed along with CWM).

Well said mate..if you're not on stock rom B952 with NO CWM you won't be able to unlocked because it's already unlocked and you still have CWM (to check simply boot in CWM and you'll see it's there ) ..Flash b952 from Huawei root then try unlock procedures ...