LAVA Iris 501 Jelly Bean Firmware 4.1.1

Guest Kamal882

Guest Kamal882

This is the first post which provides LAVA IRIS 501 Jelly Bean Firmware 4.1.1

It will also work for Prestigio MultiPhone 5000 DUO

Recently LAVA Iris 501 has got Jelly Bean update. You need to visit LAVA service center for updating your handset.

Here I am giving Jelly Bean Firmware so that you can Update your handset yourself.

What's needed:

Edited by Kamal882

Guest fahad.sagittarius

Thanks a lot for the firmware. Today i gave my phone at service center. And they promised that they will give the full firmware tomorrow along with my updated phone. Your total size is about 700 MB. But they said its about 1.5 GB including data of 2 games which will be there on internal SD card. Why there is size difference? :unsure:

Once again thans for this upload :)

Guest Kamal882

It is Rar file hence in compressed form. Once you extract, you will get a folder of 1.38 GB which contains total 15 files. Games which are pre installed are Asphalt 6, Cricket Fever, Ninja Rush Delux, Saving Private Sheep and Shark Dash. Now Chrome and Facebook are pre installed. They have included few more application like Rock Stand, Pandit Ji, Lava Zone and We Chat.

One more important thing is that now Stock Recovery is almost same as CWM. Hence I think CWM is no more required but I need to check further.

Guest fahad.sagittarius

Ya its fine. One extracting i got 1.38 GB of data and total 15 files. And cwm recovery will be needed for flashing custom rom as the stock recovery doesnt have option for clearing dalvik cache.

And i think u have already rooted your device now ;)

I will start my experiments after 2 days :ph34r:

It is Rar file hence in compressed form. Once you extract, you will get a folder of 1.38 GB which contains total 15 files. Games which are pre installed are Asphalt 6, Cricket Fever, Ninja Rush Delux, Saving Private Sheep and Shark Dash. Now Chrome and Facebook are pre installed. They have included few more application like Rock Stand, Pandit Ji, Lava Zone and We Chat.

One more important thing is that now Stock Recovery is almost same as CWM. Hence I think CWM is no more required but I need to check further.

Thanks a lot for providing the download.

I will be downloading this later today and will post back after updating my phone.

Thanks again for uploading the new stock firmware.

Guest Kamal882

Thanks a lot for providing the download.

I will be downloading this later today and will post back after updating my phone.

Thanks again for uploading the new stock firmware.

Let me know if you have succeeded to update your mobile.

Let me know if you have succeeded to update your mobile.

didn't had high speed connection, asked a friend to download it but he was unable to complete.

Box.com links says :-

The user hosting this content is out of bandwidth.

If this is your file please upgrade to add more bandwidth credits to your account. Call Sales

Edit" if possible, please post new links, or PM me some other hoster link for Part1 and Part3 only.

Edited by ghpk

Guest Kamal882

didn't had high speed connection, asked a friend to download it but he was unable to complete.

If this is your file please upgrade to add more bandwidth credits to your account. Call Sales

Edit" if possible, please post new links, or PM me some other hoster link for Part1 and Part3 only.

Please wait, tomorrow I will give you new links and after that you can download with download manager with resume support.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Guest Kamal882

New links added, now Firmware file is split in to four parts and you can use download manager. Resume support is also there.

Thanks for waiting.

New links added, now Firmware file is split in to four parts and you can use download manager. Resume support is also there.

Thanks for waiting.

Thanks Kamal Ji,

Will download them on friday/saturday night, and let you know my update progress.

If possible, make Root Instructions for this JB Update, it will help people to use exact working rooting method.

Lastly: Fahad where are you, how was your Update experience with service center ?

Guest Kamal882

I am again updating links to 4shared.com since bandwidth of present link exhausted in few hours. Fahad got a new replacement handset from lava.

A separate thread is already written by me for jellybean rooting process. You can see the link in my signature.

I am again updating links to 4shared.com since bandwidth of present link exhausted in few hours. Fahad got a new replacement handset from lava.

A separate thread is already written by me for jellybean rooting process. You can see the link in my signature.

Good to see again.

You seems to be very helping the Lava Iris 501 Guys. I wish i was in kanpur, could have met a interesting person like you.

I am from Allahabad.

Downloaded the files from links you posted before 4shared.

Will be flashing the phone in next hour.

For Fahad phone: I doubted this as I've earlier had very bad experience with U.P. Based service center, not of Lava, but the young guys these centers hire are too fast on keyboard, and never think of saving a second to save customer's phone/data.

Its good Fahad got new phone, hope he'll chime-in here sometime soon.

how to load drivers you have linked.

they fail to install on win7, if i right click and try to install them,

Also the firmware upgrade option doesn't load anything to my phone.

Thanks for your efforts Kamal Ji.

After scratching my head for few hours, I finally updated my Lava Iris 501 to Jelly Bean 4.1.1

The New boot Logo is Good.

System feels smooth, now time to root and restore my backup.

for anybody who's having trouble with SP Tool failing to detect your phone, you can do this

After the checksum error, connect your phone, While phone is connected and SP Tool Still trying, goto device manager and select "add a legacy device"

now select com port and select the Mediatek drivers you downloaded from the link on first post.

it would install the mediatek port and once you done this, SP Tool will start uploading the firmware to the phone.

Make sure you do not touch the phone or cable during the update process, any interruption to USB link between PC and Phone at this time can BRICK your phone.

The update would take 3-10 minutes depending on your PC and USB speed.

Enjoy the all new IRIS 501.

Edited by ghpk

Guest Kamal882

how to load drivers you have linked.

they fail to install on win7, if i right click and try to install them,

Also the firmware upgrade option doesn't load anything to my phone.

Thanks for your efforts Kamal Ji.

After scratching my head for few hours, I finally updated my Lava Iris 501 to Jelly Bean 4.1.1

The New boot Logo is Good.

System feels smooth, now time to root and restore my backup.

for anybody who's having trouble with SP Tool failing to detect your phone, you can do this

After the checksum error, connect your phone, While phone is connected and SP Tool Still trying, goto device manager and select "add a legacy device"

now select com port and select the Mediatek drivers you downloaded from the link on first post.

it would install the mediatek port and once you done this, SP Tool will start uploading the firmware to the phone.

Make sure you do not touch the phone or cable during the update process, any interruption to USB link between PC and Phone at this time can BRICK your phone.

The update would take 3-10 minutes depending on your PC and USB speed.

Enjoy the all new IRIS 501.

It is good to know that you got success in updating your phone. I am trying to make a custom ROM for our device. Will update soon if succeeded.

Guest Domica

Hi There,

Will this work with the Prestigio 5000? As I'm pretty sure it and the Iris is the same phone?

Had some problems on my PAP5000T and managed to update using this ROM and latest custom ROM, so it should work without problems, only Lava branding. :)

Guest Kamal882

Hi There,

Will this work with the Prestigio 5000? As I'm pretty sure it and the Iris is the same phone?

Yes, it will work with Prestigio 5000. One of my friend already updated his Prestigio 5000.

Guest drnpsingh

first ly i want to say you thank for this great work kamal ji ker dia kamal; but i liked to ask certain question to you .... that what deference happened if i update phone it self? and second is warranty still remains or lost after update phone by this firmware which is provided by you....

Guest ghpk

first ly i want to say you thank for this great work kamal ji ker dia kamal; but i liked to ask certain question to you .... that what deference happened if i update phone it self? and second is warranty still remains or lost after update phone by this firmware which is provided by you....

^^ Dr.Saab, this is a tough question.

normally warranty should not be lost, cause the link is of Stock ROM, which is un-touched by outsiders. and non-rooted

But if service center wants they can confuse you that its your mistake, blah blah blah

A friend recently got his phone updated in service center, they didn't provide any documents for this update, so If the phone gets defective at a later date, he has no proof whether he updated on his own, or from service center.

Your name reminds me of a uncle in Faizabad,

Guest ghpk

Short review of this ROM.

The ROM provided by Lava Is a Jelly Bean version 4.1.1, which is certainly better than ICS, but it misses a hell lot of features

this seems to be a stripped down version of JB release, and many functions have been removed to make it run on 512MB RAM.

Bugs and missing features:-

• Earlier the phone used to vibrate when a outgoing call was picked by called person, this feature is missing.
  • Dialing only a few digits used to very intelligently detect the matching phone numbers, this feature is missing.
  • Long press a phone number in Logs gave option to see last call details, and option to add to contact, this feature is missing. you can however click on Image Icon and Add to contact the number from logs though.
  • Change of System Language is not possible as all other languages except English has been removed to make it fit into Iris501
  • Airplane Mode Button placement in Notification Widgets is very bad and is prone for Accidental Touch
  • Lots of options from Settings for display, system settings have been removed to make it run on 512MB RAM
  • GPS bug, if you enabled A-GPS, used it and closed GPS from Notification Icon, the GPS Icon in status bar is left visible, no matter how many times you turn on or turn off the GPS, this Icon keeps on displaying and a Text in Notification "Location Set By GPS"
  • Screen Brightness is way to sensitive in Auto-mode, might Irritate you with very very fast change of screen brightness, I use a APP called "LUX" to make it stable though.
  • Camera Will Save pics to Internal Memory and you cannot Save into SD CARD, all you can do is to move files every couple of days from SDCARD0 to SDCARD
  • I've not checked 3G Policy, still I doubt the Data Connection is Configured to Sleep and waits for Wake from Device or push notification as screen shows data connection enabled message a lot of times while I am on move using 3G.
  • Many Stystem tweaks are not done by LAVA, and memory management is not properly done. Root users should be able to do it, and I'll post a tutorial about this in a couple of days.

So far so good, this ROM is good, but could have been better.

may be its a very smooth and Good rom for Non-root users, but personally I squeeze the rom to fit my taste and things which can speed up my needed activity on phone.

This rom is still worth the pain to download and install as there's certainly a lot of improvements in system performance and stability.

Maps works great, Google Now is good and intuitive, Gmail syncs 24x7, Earlier ON ICS I had to keep switching connection to keep it working.

Anybody still having doubts whether to install or not, Should certainly upgrade, at-least if not all, most of future apps would work as you are on latest build of Android as of this day.

enjoy the Iris on Jelly Bean

Guest Kamal882

firstly i want to say you thank for this great work kamal ji ker dia kamal; but i liked to ask certain question to you .... that what deference happened if i update phone it self? and second is warranty still remains or lost after update phone by this firmware which is provided by you....

Dear Mr. Singh,

This is official firmware of Lava hence if you upgrade your phone, warranty will still be there. After updating your phone, you will feel lot of improvement in speed, smoothness, performance, better battery backup and many new features. Few bugs are there but if you compare with advantage of Jellybean, overall you will be satisfied with the improved performance.

Guest drnpsingh

Thanks to reply to early i used several smartphone like sony and Samsung but both have a good official updatorsoftware and be face never any problum! but in second grade smart phone lack this?..someone says me that heating issue of lava iris 501 ending after jelly been update it is true or wrong!!!!!"!!!!!!!!!!! reply as soon as possible.......

Guest Kamal882

Thanks to reply to early i used several smartphone like sony and Samsung but both have a good official updatorsoftware and be face never any problum! but in second grade smart phone lack this?..someone says me that heating issue of lava iris 501 ending after jelly been update it is true or wrong!!!!!"!!!!!!!!!!! reply as soon as possible.......

Yes, there is no heating issue with Jellybean.

After update to Jellybean, you will find software update option in System Setting > About Phone > Software Update

Earlier with ICS, this option was not there. Now onward you can use this OTA function for future updates from LAVA.

post-1007392-0-11680900-1367814158_thumb

Edited by Kamal882