3G reboots potential fix?

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest TangerineTractor

I never got random reboots on my phone until I flashed the HSPA11 mod, then it happened all the time, whatever ROM, stock-based or CM. I flashed back to HSDPA9, still got it.

So I locked the bootloader, and the reboots stopped. As expected.

Now thinking that I wasn't getting reboots before flashing the HSPA upgrade, I decided I'd try re-unlocking - so I unlocked, reinstalled CWM, and wiped and reflashed a ROM, in this case SlimV11. And so far, one nice fast phone and NO reboots. OK. I'm not on HSPA, but that's not the end of the world... only a month max until I get my Nexus 4 and my g300 goes to the wife anyway, but she'd moan like crazy if she was getting reboots.

Guest Buffalo Soldier

I've done this a few weeks ago and my reboots were not gone. You have to test it with 3G data always on while moving through areas with different 3G coverage.

Problem is, as I understood it, that we are not unlocking ICS bootloader, we are replacing it with GB bootloader, and that is the source of our problems.

Guest wbrambley

Hmmm, mine seemed to stop after flashing hspa11. maybe there's something to this. I'm on 2degrees, it covers most of the country but where it doesn't I roam to Vodafone. What is your network situation when you were getting 3g loss of service/reboots?

Guest TangerineTractor

Hmmm, mine seemed to stop after flashing hspa11. maybe there's something to this. I'm on 2degrees, it covers most of the country but where it doesn't I roam to Vodafone. What is your network situation when you were getting 3g loss of service/reboots?

I'm on Vodafone UK - I tended to get reboots going into and out of buildings, usually going into/out of big supermarkets for some reason. The only way I really noticed the reboots was no-frills cpu indicating an unclean shutdown. 48 hours now since re-locking then re-unlocking the bootloader, wiping and reflashing.... and no reboots so far.

Guest wbrambley

I'm on Vodafone UK - I tended to get reboots going into and out of buildings, usually going into/out of big supermarkets for some reason. The only way I really noticed the reboots was no-frills cpu indicating an unclean shutdown. 48 hours now since re-locking then re-unlocking the bootloader, wiping and reflashing.... and no reboots so far.

Wonder what would happen if you reflashed hspa11? The most noticeable symptom I had was loss of service, signal still OK but not usable and the odd reboot.

It's a weird bug, what works for one doesn't for another. Maybe it comes down to network types in different counties and their connection requirements.

Guest TangerineTractor

Wonder what would happen if you reflashed hspa11? The most noticeable symptom I had was loss of service, signal still OK but not usable and the odd reboot.

It's a weird bug, what works for one doesn't for another. Maybe it comes down to network types in different counties and their connection requirements.

Yeah, just been to exactly the same place I got a regular reboot, and it's fine. TBH, my phone is running so slickly now that I'm not going to mess about with HSPA or anything. I used up 12% battery in 15 hours overnight with quite a bit of use, the thing is running really quick and is dead stable, so if it ain't broke...

Guest wbrambley

Yeah, just been to exactly the same place I got a regular reboot, and it's fine. TBH, my phone is running so slickly now that I'm not going to mess about with HSPA or anything. I used up 12% battery in 15 hours overnight with quite a bit of use, the thing is running really quick and is dead stable, so if it ain't broke...

I agree completely. That's some fairly good battery life too.

Guest TangerineTractor

OK, an update - got a couple of reboots today, one going into Tescos which is exactly where it occured before - so locking and unlocking doesn't work... so I'm going down the route of finding a ROM I'm happy with, in my case Slim V11, and then locking the bootloader. Until there's some major new update to CM or stock based releases, I'm going to stick with a fast, stable ROM and a locked bootloader.

Guest wbrambley
OK, an update - got a couple of reboots today, one going into Tescos which is exactly where it occured before - so locking and unlocking doesn't work... so I'm going down the route of finding a ROM I'm happy with, in my case Slim V11, and then locking the bootloader. Until there's some major new update to CM or stock based releases, I'm going to stick with a fast, stable ROM and a locked bootloader.

Have you tried flicking an email to Huawei for an unlock code? There's a thread on this with a few positive results.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dakok

An interesting stuff regarding reboots from another topic:

" I installed CM10 R7 to two pieces of G300. The one with bootloader from instruction from "explain like you are 5" and the second G300 with bootloader from "bootloader FIX by Dazzozo - sorry I cant find the thread any more". The one G300 works well without any restart or GSM signal lose - perfect. The second G300 with the "bootloader FIX" restarts every few hours......."

My bootloader came from "explained like five" side, too, and I never had a single reboot on over 30 different roms flashed.

Where did yours come from?

Edited by dakok

Guest dalyer
My bootloader came from "explained like five" side, too, and I never had a single reboot on over 30 different roms flashed.

Where did yours come from?

Mine came from the "like you're 5" tutorial too but I DO get 3G reboots so I tend to just keep it on 2G except for the odd browse on 3G.

I use this to toggle between the two on Stock+

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.softxperience.android.switchnetworktype

As I posted elsewhere I wonder if the problem is somehow related to the carrier environment/network?

I'm on an MVNO operating on the O2 Ireland network but I doubt that clarifies much! :-)

Guest TangerineTractor
Thanks. So it`s not up to unlocker :(.

It would be too easy then...

I never had any reboots until I flashed hspa 11. Going back to hsdpa 9 made no difference. Only relocking the boot loader has stopped it. I guess if I could find the hsdpa that was there before I flashed hspa 11 that might fix it, but I don't know what version it was. I've asked Huawei for a code at least six times...

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest dalyer

I'm still waiting for an ICS bootloader unlock code from Huawei to see if reverting to ICS stock update.app, then officially unlocking the ICS bootloader then reinstalling Stock+ (or maybe another custom ROM) fixes the 3G reboot problem. I'm assuming that it will based on the feedback to date but it never seems 100% sure because so much is anecdotal. In any case I rarely use 3G as I said because it seems to kill the battery.

Guest TangerineTractor
I'm still waiting for an ICS bootloader unlock code from Huawei to see if reverting to ICS stock update.app, then officially unlocking the ICS bootloader then reinstalling Stock+ (or maybe another custom ROM) fixes the 3G reboot problem. I'm assuming that it will based on the feedback to date but it never seems 100% sure because so much is anecdotal. In any case I rarely use 3G as I said because it seems to kill the battery.

I have no battery issues using stock based roms.

Edited by TangerineTractor

Guest bladebuddy

Just gone the other way and flashed HPSA 9 over HSPA 11'S Chinese rom and now stuck in a constant reebooting cycle. Untill I get back from work. TT could n onto something. J

Guest TangerineTractor

Interestingly, I be asked Huawei for an unlock code and they say they can't find my details!

However, on Friday, having run for a week or two on slim v12 with a locked bootloader with no reboots, I decided to have a play... I unlocked and flashed cwm, and had a reboot within a couple of hours. I then did a full wipe and installed AOKP 4.2.2, and not only is it running really well, I haven't had a reboot for four days! I understand that AOKP is built from base Android rather than branched from other versions, or something like that, so maybe it is something in the way that AOKP is written/compiled... but worth a try if you're still getting reboots.