Landlord version of Inspire Home Automation Thermostat now available

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Back in December we reviewed the Inspire Home Automation thermostat which allows you to control your home heating from the Internet and your Android phone. A new version is now available aimed at landlords.

Priced at £139.99, a £15 premium on the regular version, the thermostat is based on the same hardware but offers the following additional features:

• Remote Setup - All our landlord features are configurable remotely, saving you from travelling to the property to make any adjustments.
  • Specify a minimum and maximum set point - Enter your own minimum and maximum set points, to prevent the user from pushing the set point up to excessive temperatures and overheating the home.
  • Disable the Menu - Prevent any of the program timers being changed locally by disabling the menu.
  • Lock the set point - Prevent users from changing the set point by locking it.
  • Restrict functions - Remove functions from the thermostat, to prevent users from switching the thermostat on permanently.
  • Variable Boost Function - When enabled, this can be configured to switch the thermostat on for a set time interval, for example 30 minutes, before reverting back to its previous setting.

Pretty neat if you own a rental property! Check out our original thermostat review to hear what we thought of the device. Spoiler: nearly 6 months on, we still love it. :)

inspiremain.png

Click here to view the item

Guest Johnrg

Do you know if they have implemented a historical temperature log?

I love this idea, but what I'd also like to do is see the history of the room temperature as well. Other than buying an expensive data logger, this seems the ideal tool for the job as well as controlling the heating!

Guest PaulOBrien
Do you know if they have implemented a historical temperature log?

I love this idea, but what I'd also like to do is see the history of the room temperature as well. Other than buying an expensive data logger, this seems the ideal tool for the job as well as controlling the heating!

I don't think it's exposed, but I think they do get that data. I would suggest emailing them telling then I sent you. :-)

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.