• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Does having alot apps, causes the phone to Lag?

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Everytime i flash any rom without reinstall any of my apps the phone is really fast...But when i've installed my apps which there about 65 apps in total the phone begins to lag serious...I don't know maybe it depends on how many apps i have.....So i did an experiment and just install only the apps that i regualrly which amounted to just 30 apps in total, i've found out that my phone rarely lag....Just wondering if there is another way besides increasing the cpu (which i did but there was still lag) and reducing how many apps i have on my phone :(.

Posted

you need to see which apps are actually running, many load themselves unnecessarily, take up the available space, which means Android is taking up time swapping around

in my setup anything less than 50MB free it starts slowing down

Posted

Most slowdowns on this phone are due to the low ram, the CPU itself is actually fine and doesn't even really need an over clock. The only way we can get more ram is by using a ram swapper, but they aren't that ideal as they can damage your SD card.

Posted (edited)

Try this (shared by Cyda in another thread): https://play.google....isfeng.greenify

Looks like a wicked little app that! Shame my g300 is still not in the land of the living.

Edited by sharkyo01

Posted

Try this (shared by Cyda in another thread): https://play.google....isfeng.greenify

Just installed on Electra ROM, which was starting to lag a bit & it now feels like it has a new lease of life - Much faster & better battery... Thanks! :)

Posted

I think someone mentioned to do a WIPE to make the phone perform like new.

Posted

I was struggling with apps and memory on my phone; it would run like treacle at times.

Then I read about Greenify here, and installed it. Runs so much better now. Shoving Facebook and Maps into hibernate makes a big difference. :)