Does factory reset wipe user files/folders on internal storage

Guest BillBong

Guest BillBong

I sold my G300 and I've packed it all up ready to post out.

I did a factory reset through the Settings Menu which took it back to the Google setup on bootup - but I've just realised I had some podcasts and pics on the internal storage which I didn't manually delete.

Would the factory reset wipe these files or am I going to have to open up the packaging to do this manually!

Guest akarana

You didn't say how much you're selling. If you're selling the phone + SDcard + a sackfull of apps then it gets tricky.

If it were me, I'd power off, pull battery, pull SD card, replace battery and do the magic fingers for a factory reset/data wipe. What I now have is an almost virgin phone, it will have all internal user files wiped, some apps installed internally might still be there, so to be sure you can go thru Settings-> Apps-> and do Remove Data then Uninstall on each one ... Then there's the SD card. I'd make a backup to PC from a card reader if its got precious photos or movies, then do a full erase. But be aware that erasing nand flash is not like erasing a HD. If you've got something to hide Google data + recovery + flash + storage ...

Guest j4r0l

If you perform factory reset,there will not remain any installed apps..how it could when it formats /data partition..

Why ppl even bother with rooting,custom roms etc,when they dont have basic knowledge..it just produces stupid questions and even worse replys..

Guest akarana

If you perform a factory reset and erase /data you will remove all apps that installed to /data. You will not remove apps or their data that installed to /cust or /mnt/asec or someplace else. If you haven't met apps that do that, you haven't lived.