Remove dust from under the screen & Repair audio jack?

Guest Wacky.ddw

Guest Wacky.ddw

Hi guys,

I asume many of you have the problem that there is dust under the screen, is it easy to clean without damaging anything? Also is there a good tutorial somewhere about this? Because there is a lot of dust under my screen and its really irritating.

Then my second problem is that my audiojack doenst make good contact if i touch it a little bit the phone starts to play on speaker or just stops playing at all could this be an easy fix?

Guest aamiel

Would love to clear the dust as well. I saw someone recommending vacuum cleaner in the corner where the dust gets in. Didn't work for me

Guest SPARL_

I'll post a guide later, just need to dig out my digi cam. Tools you'll need for this endeavour : A set of small screw drivers, a flat piece of plastic for levering parts out ( I found the best tool for this to be a handle from a diy ice lolly kit :P ) hoover with brush attachment, surgeon gloves, toothbrush, anti static cloth or chamois leather and a clean workspace of a light colour for easy identification of missing parts etc.

Guest Wacky.ddw

Nice that tutorial is nice to open it so how do i clean it? Just with an anti static cloth? and some cleaning latex gloves?

Also what about the audo jack if i pull the jack a little it stops playing

Guest v1pEr

I have a (somewhat) related question: the recording level of my microphone is very low and I think it has something to do with dust.

I've been looking at the disassembly pictures but can't really determine which part is the microphone. Is it the part on the top right on picture 11?

Never mind, found it: http://www.modaco.com/topic/352750-microphone-volume-very-low-during-calls/

Edited by v1pEr