Change the default android blue colour to light grey?

Guest PCTechRoss

Guest kieranswhite

You have decompiled the APK havent you? (just asking)

it should be quite easy once the apks are decompiled. i think you either change some smali files or you edit some PNG's to make the status bar transparent and i thought you just swapped the battery PNG's for the new ones?

if i am mistaken please correct me. Maybe a more experienced dev could help you. there are probably loads of guides on apk and the like for this.

Guest kyan31

You have decompiled the APK havent you? (just asking)

it should be quite easy once the apks are decompiled. i think you either change some smali files or you edit some PNG's to make the status bar transparent and i thought you just swapped the battery PNG's for the new ones?

if i am mistaken please correct me. Maybe a more experienced dev could help you. there are probably loads of guides on apk and the like for this.

You don't need to do any of these, all you do is edit some xml's.

edit the status_bar.xml to center the clock, located in res/layout. You can also make the statusbar transparent in this same xml, change #ff to something else. Use a HEX calculator to find out the correct value.

To add battery mods, you need to manually add 101 battery pngs to drawable-hdpi and modify a certain xml that displays these png's. I can't remember exactly, but i believe Tillaz posted a quick tutorial on one of the other threads.

Guest PCTechRoss

You don't need to do any of these, all you do is edit some xml's.

edit the status_bar.xml to center the clock, located in res/layout. You can also make the statusbar transparent in this same xml, change #ff to something else. Use a HEX calculator to find out the correct value.

To add battery mods, you need to manually add 101 battery pngs to drawable-hdpi and modify a certain xml that displays these png's. I can't remember exactly, but i believe Tillaz posted a quick tutorial on one of the other threads.

Do you know what program I could use to decompile?

Guest tillaz

Do you know what program I could use to decompile?

lol, whats wrong with the "apk manager" i posted for you yesterday ?, its has an easy to use interface for de-compiling and recompiling apk

ss2.png

Guest tillaz

I decompiled, edited all the xmls then recompiled and none of it worked *facepalm* I hate this!!

ha, you will get the hang of it... we all start out the same ;)

so, what exactly happened ?

did it successfully compile ?

did you choose yes then yes again when prompted about system app ? (you always choose yes)

1zexfg0.jpg

did you delete everything in the "keep" folder ? (except the META-INF folder) then press any button

2wp1jwl.jpg

Guest PCTechRoss

ha, you will get the hang of it... we all start out the same ;)

so, what exactly happened ?

did it successfully compile ?

did you choose yes then yes again when prompted about system app ? (you always choose yes)

1zexfg0.jpg

did you delete everything in the "keep" folder ? (except the META-INF folder) then press any button

2wp1jwl.jpg

The system UI works on my phone its just you cant see the bat percent, clock wasn't centered and.. it was transparent although it was blurry and frozen kinda :/

Bugs me so much, havent been able to use my phone all day trying these :/

Edited by PCTechRoss

Guest tillaz

The system UI works on my phone its just you cant see the bat percent, clock wasn't centered and.. it was transparent although it was blurry and frozen kinda :/

Bugs me so much, havent been able to use my phone all day trying these :/

send me the systemUI and i will take a look

Guest PCTechRoss

what is your systemUI displaying for the battery, nothing ? or stock images?

it looks like the battery but for some reason it's squished in with the clock so you cant see very well, its also blurry

Files i edited

stat_sys_battery.xml

stat_sys_battery_charge.xml

status_bar.xml

Edited by PCTechRoss

Guest tillaz

it looks like the battery but for some reason it's squished in with the clock so you cant see very well, its also blurry

Files i edited

stat_sys_battery.xml

stat_sys_battery_charge.xml

status_bar.xml

about the center clock, try doing this

directly above

<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/clock" android:paddingTop="3.0px" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />

[/xml]

add this

[xml] </LinearLayout>
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">

so it should look like this below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView android:orientation="vertical" android:background="#00000000" android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarIconView android:id="@id/moreIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/stat_notify_more" />
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
</LinearLayout>
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/signal_battery_cluster" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<include android:id="@id/signal_cluster" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/signal_cluster_view" />
<TextView android:textSize="13.0sp" android:id="@id/level" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" style="android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" />
<ImageView android:id="@id/battery" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
</LinearLayout>
</LinearLayout>
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.Clock android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Clock" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/clock" android:paddingTop="3.0px" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
</LinearLayout>
<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip">
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:scaleType="center" />
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:scaleType="center" />
</ImageSwitcher>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
<TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
<TextView android:textAppearance="@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.PhoneTicker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView>
</LinearLayout>
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView>[/xml]

i think your images are just too big (width) as the code and everything else is fine regarding the battery mod,

Guest PCTechRoss

about the center clock, try doing this

directly above

[/xml]

add this

[xml] </LinearLayout>

so it should look like this below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView android:orientation="vertical" android:background="#00000000" android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants"
xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android"
xmlns:systemui="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/com.android.systemui">
<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:paddingRight="6.0dip" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0">
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarIconView android:id="@id/moreIcon" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:src="@drawable/stat_notify_more" />
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.IconMerger android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true" />
</LinearLayout>
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
<LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/signal_battery_cluster" android:paddingLeft="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<include android:id="@id/signal_cluster" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" layout="@layout/signal_cluster_view" />
<TextView android:textSize="13.0sp" android:id="@id/level" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" style="android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" />
<ImageView android:id="@id/battery" android:paddingLeft="4.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
</LinearLayout>
</LinearLayout>
</LinearLayout>
<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
<ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_height="@dimen/status_bar_icon_size" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip">
</ImageSwitcher>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.TickerView>
</LinearLayout>
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.phone.PhoneStatusBarView>[/xml]

i think your images are just too big (width) as the code and everything else is fine regarding the battery mod,

Thanks, ill test that in a second, do you know the location of the status bar png files so I can make it transparent?

Guest tillaz

there is no png file for the status bar, it uses a hex value, in status_bar.xml

[/xml]

this part is what would make it transparent, but in my experience it never works

android:background="#00000000"

you can change it to display a .png by using

android:background="@drawable/your_image_name_here"

and adding your new "your_image_name_here.png" to the hdpi folder

Guest PCTechRoss

None of it worked, must be because its a different from stock systemui... oh well ill just leave it stock.

Thanks for your help

Edited by PCTechRoss

Guest PCTechRoss

something must of went wrong, it should work as its just xml code

try this,

SystemUI-Mod-Flashable.zip

i also re-sized the new .png images to a better size for hdpi

can be flashed in recovery. (post a screenshot if it still looks wrong)

I tried it, the systemui force closed. I'm unsure why it does this :/

Edited by PCTechRoss