Bricked G300

Guest zordonpl

Guest zordonpl

Hi, I'm looking for help. I have a big problem with my Huawei G300. One day i was trying to turn on my phone and... nothing. Actually i can't change firmware and do nothing. When im trying vol+ and power... only Huawei slash screen and my phone turning off. When I'm trying vol - and power the same. Vol + - and power working, but everytime when im using it at step 2 i can see "Update Failed". Doesnt matter which firmware im using, is that official rom from huawei or something else, is that middleupdate. I was trying on other SD card, the same... Can i do something to get my phone back alive? Lastest Rom on my phone were newest ICS from Huawei site. Please help me.

Edited by zordonpl

Guest sharkyo01

Have you a middle file before flashing? Does not sound like it is bricked if you can flash firmware to it. Is the good news for you.

Guest penthaler

Installation of oficial update depends on which region is your device from. It means you cannot force install it, because it checks your IMEI which doesnt fit to some "security check" in that install file... My phone was on B934 or so, and I cannot install B952 directly from sd card update, and cant update it via force update --- till that time, I "zero" my IMEI... But... If you dont start it, you cant zero imei and cant force install any FW...

Only hope is that you have some NANDROID backup via CWM - any backup of old system. If yes, try to flash CWM in which you made that backup (boot in flash mode), and recover it with that update...

Maybe it helps

Guest sharkyo01

Installation of oficial update depends on which region is your device from. It means you cannot force install it, because it checks your IMEI which doesnt fit to some "security check" in that install file... My phone was on B934 or so, and I cannot install B952 directly from sd card update, and cant update it via force update --- till that time, I "zero" my IMEI... But... If you dont start it, you cant zero imei and cant force install any FW...

Only hope is that you have some NANDROID backup via CWM - any backup of old system. If yes, try to flash CWM in which you made that backup (boot in flash mode), and recover it with that update...

Maybe it helps

Well a lot of us here have flashed that serbia rom to our English phones with English imei on there no problem and It was how a lot of people fixed there phone from this situation.

Guest penthaler

If it will work, then it will be great news for me... btw. is there any difference between S8815 and S8815-1? Because I got only S8815, and B952 Worldwide (oficial from huawei site) fit it better...

I will test it next time when flashing or repairing OS xD THX anyway

Guest sharkyo01

Try putting it in to Fastboot mode. I know you said you where having problems on the original post but really try and get in to there! (I did read the first post)

Volume down + power button hold the power button for 30 seconds. Let me know if you can enter fast boot... Hopefully it will hang on the logo.

If it will work, then it will be great news for me... btw. is there any difference between S8815 and S8815-1? Because I got only S8815, and B952 Worldwide (oficial from huawei site) fit it better...

I will test it next time when flashing or repairing OS xD THX anyway

I have loaded a few foreign ROM's on my old phone. I also know that some people have used Chinese roms as well to try and get past this issue with it keep failing. I had the same problem but it was basically sitting down for a few hours and try every single ROM and middle file I could get my hands and then keep on loading them on til you find one that goes though.

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest zordonpl

After last updating huawei created a file "sd_update". That it is:

ilename = /mmc1/dload/update.app

call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = OEMSBL_VER_LIST

CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xd2000000, len_tmp=0x6000

filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app

call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = OEMSBL_VER_LIST

CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xd2000000, len_tmp=0x6000

@sharkyo01

That how my phone looks after holding vol down + power 1 min :(

2q2ffhe.jpg

PS: After connecting phone to PC without a battery and holding volume down + power in my system appears "Android Sooner Single ADB Interface"

Edited by zordonpl

Guest penthaler

This picture is FLASHMODE, it stays there till you remove battery... So it means if it stays on HUAWEI LOGO, you can flash there CWM or something... You need to have battery inside xD

EDIT - that file is what I said before... cannot update, because different versions - not fit IMEI check...

Try to FORCE FLASH that FILE sharkyo01 recommended...

Edited by penthaler

Guest sharkyo01

That is the mode I want you in :P

Give me a 5 minutes and sort out the instructions..

Also that is a GB starter logo. Have you tried flashing a GB rom on to it?

Start at the download of AIO Android flasher as you have done the first part.

Turn off your phone pull the battery for 10 seconds. Put the battery back in.

Too enter fast boot you need hold the volume button down and push the power button. The hold the volume button down for about 30 seconds. It should stay on the logo screen.

Then you plug it in to your PC make sure you have installed the full driver set for the G300.

I use this

http://forum.xda-dev....php?p=28719715

Then download this it is a custom recovery.

http://www.modaco.co...t-updated-1601/

Start up Android AIO flasher on the first load up screen your see fastboot flasher.

Select Recovery then select file you have downloaded off Modaco and flash it to the phone. It will flash it to the phone. Your see at the bottom it be a success or failure via the black box at the bottom.

After you should be able to load in to CWM. Hold power button up and push the power button make sure you hold the volume button up.

Edited by sharkyo01

Guest zordonpl

That's strange coz i had that logo on ICS too... I was trying everyting, with middleupdate too. But every flashing were "update fail" or something similar

Guest sharkyo01

I get a different logo on mine ... That logo was for Gingerbread in the UK.

Try them instruction I gave you that will give you CWM maybe you can flash a repack on it.

Guest penthaler

Nice, did you ever UNLOCK BOOTLOADER? If not, you are not able to flash CWM to your phone... (tested only when rooted, without unlocking BL - CWM failed to flash in any way)

Edited by penthaler

Guest zordonpl

Nice, did you ever UNLOCK BOOTLOADER? If not, you are not able to flash CWM to your phone... (tested only when rooted, without unlocking BL - CWM failed to flash in any way)

Guy, thats my GF phone. I have Wave with Bada so I'm new in this system. Her brother updated to ICS and rooted, but he don't know what he done after that, he was using some tutrorials from web. Now I'm trying to do something to back alive that phone... ;/

Guest penthaler

Ok, so actualy is possible, that the phone has root only, locked Bootloader... So you cant flash custom recovery to try flashing some ICS repack of oficial ROM. So, there are only two possibilities left.

1. service - warranty

2. try to force install SERBIA ROM provided by sharkyo01 before. Maybe it could reflash it right as he told. If not, check possibility NO.1

Guest sharkyo01

I was trying to push my luck a bit in hope it had the boot loader unlocked.

Let me have a think for a bit and a dig out around to see if i can come up with anything.

Have you tried getting in to standard recovery? (Volume button up and power button) Make sure she hold the volume button up and remove the battery for 10 seconds)

Guest penthaler

Just checking those update.app files (worldwide and serbia one) and the only difference is, that the serbia has one more file - updatecust.app file about 46MB... But the update.app s are SAME...

Sharkyo01 - did you force update / sdcard update with both files or only with that one (the main around 630MB large)? Did you ever tested only that worldwide one to update or recover G300?

Guest sharkyo01

Never touched the world wide B952 just the serbia one.

I would just try anything and everything. If you have a warranty take it back and deal with it that way if not go for it. Let us know any more. I am planning on writting a massive thread on all this stuff. Because I have a lot of data I have collect from this site and been milling it over.