New G300 - Quick advice on Unlock/Rom

Guest cfcboy

Guest cfcboy

Hi all, Im picking up my new G300 tomorrow (£60 from Argos, bargain!) but its locked to Vodafone so will be buying the £4 unlock codes from main unlock thread in this forum.

I want to install Slim ICS v13 but before I do that should I wait for the unlock to be done first or does it not matter? Trying not to brick the phone in the first 5 mins if i can help it :D

Thanks in adavnce

Guest sharkyo01

Hi all, Im picking up my new G300 tomorrow (£60 from Argos, bargain!) but its locked to Vodafone so will be buying the £4 unlock codes from main unlock thread in this forum.

I want to install Slim ICS v13 but before I do that should I wait for the unlock to be done first or does it not matter? Trying not to brick the phone in the first 5 mins if i can help it :D

Thanks in adavnce

The argos phones are unlocked any way so don't waste your money. Also I would protect your warranty because the amount of these phones that have gone wrong.

Guest cfcboy

The argos phones are unlocked any way so don't waste your money. Also I would protect your warranty because the amount of these phones that have gone wrong.

Mine isnt unlocked im afraid. I boot phone and it says "sim network unlock pin"... unlock or dismiss. in lock screen it says "phone is sim network locked"

I like the version im on but want to get rid of all the bloatware and possibly speed up the phone a bit.

Guest dalyer

To the original poster - if your phone is not unlocked and you need to buy and enter an unlock code then I think that you have to do this on the stock ROM. In which case you should network unlock it first before installing a custom ROM. And it makes sense to request the bootloader unlock code as mentioned above. (Unfortunately I'm STILL waiting on Huawei to get back to me with mine after a week and several emails further back!!! :-().