HTC: No Sense 5 / Android 4.2.2 updates for the One S

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

HTC have just confirmed that the HTC One S will NOT be updated to Sense 5 or Android 4.2.2.

A spokesperson provided the following quote...

We can confirm that the HTC One S will not receive further Android OS updates and will remain on the current version of Android and HTC Sense. We realize this news will be met with disappointment by some, but our customers should feel confident that we have designed the HTC One S to be optimized with our amazing camera and audio experiences.

Oh dear me HTC... Samsung are updating the Galaxy S II to 4.2.2 and the One S is done already? I know times are tight but this is definitely not good and will certainly give customers looking at HTC devices cause for concern for the future...

Thoughts?

ripones2.png

Click here to view the item

Guest NeoFox69

I'm starting to put HTC out of my buying list... If I buy a One this month, probably won't get an update in a year timeline... Sorry HTC, been your fan, but nowadays... no, thanks... RIP HTC!

Guest Wayne877

writing was on the wall for goodwill to HTC from it's customers when they did the same with the original Desire.

Yes custom ROM's will be available with Sense 5 and 4.2.2 but thats not the point! Upgrade redundancy after nearly 18 months for a device is not good at all and could cause buyers to look elsewhere. Google editions of devices are looking increasingly more desirable (no pun intended)

Guest Simon O

This is why I now think it's much better to buy a cheap Chinese phone. It's less money to lose if you end up not getting any updates.

Guest ogdobber

thats too bad and will only hurt htc. most people keep their phones for 2+ years and those same people have no idea how to (upgrade to a custom rom)

just when I think I like htc again, they release a dev phone with s-lock and now this. 2 years of updates is too much to ask I guess.

Guest the juggernaut

i have a one s as a backup, and i never liked sense anyhow , thew dev community will keep it alive for those that use custom roms, those who do not are stuffed. i am guessing it is so they can make more money

Guest SilentBob

This is exactly why, after using nothing but HTC since the original SPV, this time around I went for the Nexus 4. I love the design and build quality of HTC and even quite like Sense. What I hate about them is the speed at which they drop devices from software support. Even fairly recently flagship devices. My wife has a One X+ and I wouldn't be surprised if that never sees an update either.

Guest absro

Lol, that's the reason I owned only 1 HTC phone, and that was the Windows Mobile Tytn 2. After they f**ked the users with the software graphics drivers, I vowed not to buy a HTC again.

Oh, and the sugar on top was: they provided us with a WM 6.1 update that was worse than the original WM 6.0 and when I asked the HTC support how can I downgrade to 6.0, the answer was "we can't provide you with a link, we don't support 6.0 anymore".

Guest maniac2003

Nexus 4 is coming soon, bye HTC. The One S is a nice phone but I can't even use Google navigation as it's crashing after the last update by HTC. Re-installing etc. didn't help. Can't wait to get my hands on the Nexus, 4.3 and maybe even more updates.

Guest the juggernaut

Can't wait to get my hands on the Nexus, 4.3 and maybe even more updates.

what do you mean 'maybe' more updates, it is a nexus device you are going to get many updates as they come out

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.