Network unlock following custom ROM

Guest glassblower

Guest glassblower

I've just bought a G300 very cheaply and the user has never upgraded to ICS or had the phone network unlocked from vodafone.

Question: If I bootloader unlock/root and install a custom ROM with it locked to vodafone will I still be able to unlock the phone when my code arrives?

Ta

Neil

Guest george109

I've just bought a G300 very cheaply and the user has never upgraded to ICS or had the phone network unlocked from vodafone.

Question: If I bootloader unlock/root and install a custom ROM with it locked to vodafone will I still be able to unlock the phone when my code arrives?

Ta

Neil

Personally, I would wait and unlock the network first and then unlock the bootloader and install a custom ROM, as some can have some problems with network unlocking...

It all depends on the ROM that you use...

Guest george109

Ok, Slim are quite good, but i would recommend that you do first unlock the network, and then the bootloader, as the original (stock) ROMs can guarantee that your phone will be unlocked. Also, i would request my code, and only follow the first post of my tutorial on how to unlock the bootloader, as Huawei can be quite slow at sending out codes. Then you will be all set up and ready to go when you unlock your network :)

Guest glassblower

Ok, Slim are quite good, but i would recommend that you do first unlock the network, and then the bootloader, as the original (stock) ROMs can guarantee that your phone will be unlocked. Also, i would request my code, and only follow the first post of my tutorial on how to unlock the bootloader, as Huawei can be quite slow at sending out codes. Then you will be all set up and ready to go when you unlock your network :)

Cheers for that, mate. I have requested the BL unlock from huawei via their bootloader unlock webpage. They seem to be pretty quick, well they were for my Y300 code anyway. Network unlock from korter but huawei don't work weekends so prob monday for that.

Seems like the chinese are getting weekends off now :D

Neil

• 5 months later...

If it hasn't been unlocked to vodafone get it unlocked initially from any vendors online like http://www.ADVERTISING SPAM.com/huawei-ascend-g300-u8815/rs5wp9

then it will resolve this issue

US$52 to unlock Vodafone Ireland G300 - complete rip-off.  :angry2:

Stick to something much more cost effective like KorterGSM for less than US$6

http://www.modaco.com/topic/362050-modaco-approved-huawei-unlock-codes-request-here-375/