Merimobiles

Guest JetKun

Finally got my V5 today.. :)

It took 17 days from purchase this time where it only took 11 days for the last one to arrive.

Note to others: don't bother adding a screen protector to your V5 purchase because it already has one in the box from Vowney. I paid extra for a protector last time and I assumed the one that came with my V5 was the one I purchased but this time I didn't bother adding a screen protector and one was still in the box, so I assume Vowney send them out with screen protectors.

Here's pretty much what you get in the box.. Everything comes sealed but I have already removed the protective plastic.

9uts.jpg

And it looks far better in black IMO. Also it's a matte black has a less polished feel so its less slippery.

ymof.jpg

Mine didn't come with an extra screen protector in the box, only the one that I paid for.

Guest Rico_89

Mine didn't come with an extra screen protector in the box, only the one that I paid for.

You should have got two. The one in the box, from Vowney, and the extra one you paid for. I didn't pay for a screen protector this time and I still got one in the box, so either Merimobiles sent me a free gift or Vowney equip each phone with a screen protector. ..

Maybe they did make a mistake and just put one in but I kind of doubt it.

Edited by Rico_89

Guest Dan Mullen

Which tablet did you order?

I went for the Cube U30GT II - 1.8GHz quad core CPU, 2GB RAM, 32GB storage, 10.1" 1920x1200 HD IPS display, dual cameras... seems like a great spec and I've watched some good review videos on YouTube.

Gosh then not only did they mess up my color choice, they forgot to send me my extra screen protector. Ah well...I used the $10 store credit they gave me to get an extra screen protector anyway :P

Guest JetKun

Has anyone ever been blocked, or had their orders stopped at China border, because of shipment of lithium batteries? (I.e, Hong Kong post? Which postal carriers did you guys get?)

I. E hk post, DHL, etc.

Reps telling me Singapore post... didn't ship to the UK??

Guest bryfly

Has anyone ever been blocked, or had their orders stopped at China border, because of shipment of lithium batteries? (I.e, Hong Kong post? Which postal carriers did you guys get?)

I. E hk post, DHL, etc.

Reps telling me Singapore post... didn't ship to the UK??

No never so far, if you google it the latest rules say ok to post if fitted in the equipment it is to be used in, the shipping of battery on its own is forbidden

Guest JetKun

No never so far, if you google it the latest rules say ok to post if fitted in the equipment it is to be used in, the shipping of battery on its own is forbidden

I thought that was just for Royal Mail or something- I just emailed HK Post and they got back to me

cerpF9f.png

So.... all carriers are breaking the law? How does that work?

Guest bryfly

I thought that was just for Royal Mail or something- I just emailed HK Post and they got back to me

So.... all carriers are breaking the law? How does that work?

From your email, they are still referring to batteries posted on there own, earlier this year IATA changed the rules to allow shipment of lithium batteries installed in mobile phones, USPS and Royal mail mention it on their sites...

Guest pawelde

hello,

my order:

I ordered and paid 06/06/13

SINGAPURPOST

06/15/13 5:00 AM Order dispatched

06/16/13 4:38 AM Order departed on flight from origin

06/17/13 2:00 PM Order in transit

06/19/13 7:05 AM Order departed from sorting hub

06/24/13 3:21 AM Order received into final destination country

05/07/13 11:31 AM Order delivered (Germany)

Edited by pawelde

Guest Rico_89

any other coupons for merimobiles?

I have only got MOE (4% off) to work, but others are VIP (5% off), FACEBOOK ($10 off I think) and five ($5 off)

Guest Dan Mullen

I have only got MOE (4% off) to work, but others are VIP (5% off), FACEBOOK ($10 off I think) and five ($5 off)

MOE worked for me too.

Guest JetKun

MOE worked for me too.

VIP expired on 31st May 2013 so it can't be used.

but MOE looks good :D

Spoke to a Merimobiles rep, looks like the extra $8 they charge for "Singapore Post" is basically Sweden post, but @bryfly said it was terrible, so I reckon free post would be better

Edited by JetKun

Guest bryfly

VIP expired on 31st May 2013 so it can't be used.

but MOE looks good :D

Spoke to a Merimobiles rep, looks like the extra $8 they charge for "Singapore Post" is basically Sweden post, but @bryfly said it was terrible, so I reckon free post would be better

Guess we treat what Chinese suppliers say with caution, as they told me they were no longer going to use Sweden Post,,,

Guest LeeBadBoyBonner

Ordered 26 June

Informed it had shipped 26 June

Couldn't track by 3rd June

Sent a message - saying can't track 3rd June

Reply back saying post need time to catch up

Started tracking 5 June - the day it had actually been picked up

Was taken to Beijing International Airport and updated as Waiting for transit airline Space on 7 July

No updates since to tracker.

Sent a message today to Merrimobiles asking whats going on.

This is the first time I have purchased anything from them. Glad I didn;t need the phone in a hurry or would have bought another one by now. My old G300 still plodding on.

Edited by LeeBadBoyBonner

Guest kieranswhite

Ordered 26 June

Informed it had shipped 26 June

Couldn't track by 3rd June

Sent a message - saying can't track 3rd June

Reply back saying post need time to catch up

Started tracking 5 June - the day it had actually been picked up

Was taken to Beijing International Airport and updated as Waiting for transit airline Space on 7 July

No updates since to tracker.

Sent a message today to Merrimobiles asking whats going on.

This is the first time I have purchased anything from them. Glad I didn;t need the phone in a hurry or would have bought another one by now. My old G300 still plodding on.

mine didnt track at all after it left beijing :P it arrived 6 days after it left beijing

Guest LesMcQueen

I've just been given my tracking number by MeriMobiles (eventually).

I get the feeling that even though my order was changed to 'Shipped' at the weekend, it wasn't actually shipped until today when I asked for my tracking number

The tracking number is in the format RB000000000CN but I can't get it to track anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?

Guest Dan Mullen

I've just been given my tracking number by MeriMobiles (eventually).

I get the feeling that even though my order was changed to 'Shipped' at the weekend, it wasn't actually shipped until today when I asked for my tracking number

The tracking number is in the format RB000000000CN but I can't get it to track anywhere. Anyone have any ideas?

I've had my tracking number for over a week but it still doesn't track.

Guest bryfly

with pandawill I was told shipped on 3/7, by 10/7 still no tracking , spoke to them on the 10/7 and an hour later tracking worked, when received phone it was marked shipped on the 10th, make of that what you will l!!!

Guest LeeBadBoyBonner

It seems pretty clear to me that "shipped" just equals money taken and has no connection to your order actually shipping. It is now 25 days since purchase.

Merimobiles responded on 17 July claiming it has left China - by quoting a Chinese website - run it through Google translate - it is still in Beijing as of right now.

Just sent a message now asking how they have confirmed it has left China when every other tracking site says it is still in the Airport?

Paid through PayPal so will wait a few more days before opening a dispute to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Guest LesMcQueen

Mine's started tracking now. I'm still not that sure what to make of it, but I'm glad it's on the radar at least.

RB000000000CN 2013 Departure from outward office of exchange 10010200 GB 20130723 1251

RB000000000CN 2013 Collection 10061400 GB 20130723 1328

RB000000000CN 2013 Opening 10010200 GB 20130724 1856

Edited by LesMcQueen

Guest ukgnome

I didn't go for the Vowney, but I did order from merimobiles.com

Normally I wouldn't risk it, but Paul O has changed my mind about that.

Ordered on 4th July - received 20th July

Will I order again? Hell yeah!

Guest Ironandroid

i have ordered the v5 through merimobiles on july 12. on july 16 they said it was shipped but only yesterday (july 25) i could trace it on china track post but still no sign that it left china.