• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[Stock ROM] CWM Repack - 9th July 2013 - with Google Apps

24 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Here is a cwm flashable repack of the latest official firmware for the vowney v5 - 9th July 2013

- Deodexed

- Full Google apps

flash in recovery with a full wipe, including format system.

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/905595544b/

Posted · Report post

According to the verne official website, these are the following changes (translated with Bing Translator):

Improve content:

1, parameter identifies the camera calibration

2, fine tuning high speaker volume, some people the handset sound is small problem

3 one key system, integrated OTA upgrade, the next upgrade OTA upgrade

4, optimized other BUG

Posted · Report post

thank you

Posted (edited) · Report post

Here is a cwm flashable repack of the latest official firmware for the vowney v5 - 9th July 2013

Thanks tillaz, see you have repacked "mobile assistant" as well which is the OTA updater, will this still work as an OTA update, when another update comes out

Gone back to tillaz previous rom, this one kept dropping calls whether inbound or outbound after a few seconds to a minute

Edited by bryfly

Posted · Report post

Thanks tillaz, see you have repacked "mobile assistant" as well which is the OTA updater, will this still work as an OTA update, when another update comes out

i have no idea its just the full stock rom with gapps added, nothing else or anything removed, so the ota should should work if its compatible with cwm.

Posted · Report post

Gone back to tillaz previous rom, this one kept dropping calls whether inbound or outbound after a few seconds to a minute

Has anybody else tried this rom yet and experienced any call dropout problems?

Posted · Report post

No, but thank you for the info because now I'm not going to try it.

Posted · Report post

Does that mean nobody has tried this ROM after tillaz sterling work or nobody has a similar problem ???

Posted · Report post

Does that mean nobody has tried this ROM after tillaz sterling work or nobody has a similar problem ???

I tried it out last night, but only made a very short call, so can't comment on the dropped calls.

Gps worked quickly after using Faster gps, but I noticed that the non-GPS location features didn't work with any browser, but DID work with the (new) maps app.

Also, the problems I had been having in all other roms with the long press on menu for recent apps seemed to be fixed in this rom. Worked every time. On other roms I have to press on the bottom half of the key, and even then it only works half the time.

Posted · Report post

I will be trying this but as I just got my phone I want to try a few things first.

Posted · Report post

Gps worked quickly after using Faster gps, but I noticed that the non-GPS location features didn't work with any browser, but DID work with the (new) maps app.

Installed again last night. At first, non-GPS location wasn't working, but once I had reinstalled all my apps and used it for a while I found that now it does work with any browser.

The camera app is different from the previous version, seems to have very few features and crashes all the time.

Posted · Report post

Had 3 reboots this morning on the way to work. Not sure if it's something I installed. Has anyone else had this? Each time, I need to take the battery out to turn on again.

Posted · Report post

I try it a since july 9 and works great for me.

I flash via flash tools, then cwm (the guide here)

then super su ( in the guide again)

then uninstall all chinese apps

with go backup I restore my config and all great.

the only bad thing about this rom and all oficial ones are the apn and android first config.

In the modified rom (http://www.modaco.com/topic/363339-rom-vowney-v5-custom-rom-updated-04072013/) all apn and everything autoconfigures at first boot. in the oficial roms not work or I dont know why it dont work.

Thanks. All works fine. No any calldrops or something else bad) But why there are two different camera apps?))

P.S. before flash delete SmsReg.app from \system\ folder and China keyboard - the first application sends SMS without your permissions, the second quite unnecessarily.

Edited by Lovetz

Posted · Report post

I basically did what @pelelademadera did and the V5 has been working well.

Did anyone dig deeper into the apps folder and figure out what other Chinese .apk's can be removed? There are a few stragglers that can't be removed from Android. Some of the .apk's don't appear to have icons either.

It would be great to make a list of what .apk's can be removed from /system/app.

Posted · Report post

With uninstall master and root can be removed everything

Posted · Report post

I basically did what @pelelademadera did and the V5 has been working well.

Did anyone dig deeper into the apps folder and figure out what other Chinese .apk's can be removed? There are a few stragglers that can't be removed from Android. Some of the .apk's don't appear to have icons either.

It would be great to make a list of what .apk's can be removed from /system/app.

smsreg and chinese I remove, thats the chinese keyboard. The camera app too, I use the default app.

Something more thats sage for remove?

New rom with new baseband in needrom... Flash with flashtools and the same later, cwm, supersu and remove unwanted apps The good: baseband can enable wcdma 1900... But not working for me, only can be checked with mobileuncle, not tested too much, but phone works great....

Edited by pelelademadera

Posted · Report post

Any change to the compass? :)

Posted · Report post

Any change to the compass? :)

it move, but dont work... I dont use it

I updated to the 10/22 ROM today and it seems to be about the same.

However I've been having problems getting the phone's Caller ID working again. Like last time, I installed the Xposed framework and GravityBox. Not sure if I'm forgetting something.

Anyone else seeing this?

Edited by allanmac

Posted · Report post

The settings are in Settings -> System -> GravityBox Tweaks -> General Fixes... tick "Fix caller ID for phone" and "Fix caller ID for messages".

Posted · Report post

For me works without the patch

Posted · Report post

I'm noticing better charging behavior. I listen to music over a bluetooth headset and despite the V5 being plugged in to a regular ~5 Watt USB port on my workstation (not high power), I would see the battery levels descend to around 50%. Not sure if the battery levels were *really* that low but it was surprising. The V5 would charge to 100% overnight w/the included high-power charger.

With the new ROM the V5 appears to stay fully charged while plugged into the workstation and listening to music over Bluetooth.