Looking for a CWM flashable version of the OFFICIAL GB B895...

Guest kupp

As the title says, for some reason the official dload method isn't working for me. An old nandroid backup I had of a clean GB install I did myself isn't working due to MD5 mismatch (did the backup with CWM v3, attempting the recover with v5 could cause these problems?). I'm on the 109808 baseband so I don't get it...

Anyway, a CWM flashable file is all I can count on at this point, there has to be one somewhere since there's one of pretty much every ICS version, thought I couldn't find it... Could someone be kind enough to share it please? If not the B895 version, then some other GB release, but I'd like to have a clean official version, and not a modded or custom rom.

Many thanks!

Edited by kupp

Not even that, it just freezes at about 1/3 of the bar... no errors, nothing. The sd_update.txt created in the dload folder says the following which is complete gibberish to me:

filename = /mmc1/dload/update.app

new partition same as old.

call RCV_MODULE_END_EVENT failed,module = OEMSBL_VER_LIST

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

OEMSBL_VER_LIST,is_rx_finish=0,is_operate_succ=1,current_operate=2

call dload_machine data process failed,module = QCSBLHD_CFGDATA

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

QCSBLHD_CFGDATA fail.

CMD=0xf,moduleaddr = 0xf0000000, len_tmp=0x2524

dload_sd_ram_data_proc->(retry >= DLOAD_RETRY) failed!

Tried multiple middle packages, and installed the CWM flashable ICS to GB with baseband and all, but nothing worked so far. I really need a CWM repack of a GB release... There has to be one out there, nobody? :(

I haven't, but don't really wanna mess with IMEI at this point... Last time I did it, bricked my phone. Anynway, I *FINALLY* found something useful, can't believe this thread is abandoned and buried in the forum... Literally stumbled upon it by accident on the 3rd or 4th page of a google search.

http://www.modaco.com/topic/359494-rom-official-roms-u8815u8818/

The 2.3.6 backup link is up and working. So happy to finally get out of ICS, can't believe how smooth this phone feels now. I miss the holo style and some other apps, but it's like I have an entirely new phone now, no more sluggish behaviour, hanging apps and unresponsiveness. If only I could get the updated Gmail look, that'd be awesome but that and other minor visual changes are a very small price to pay for this amazing "downgrade".

Guest sharkyo01

have you tried the IMEI hack to install any update.app. it's somewhere around the forum...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .... don't that - Keep I highlighting this over and over again. It is really getting to me. Don't use any IMEI hack because it will screw your phone up period! Just again every thread am in I have to say it.

If you can wait til i get my boot loader code. Ill degrade for you and make a Nandroid backup for you.

Edited by sharkyo01

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .... don't that - Keep I highlighting this over and over again. It is really getting to me. Don't use any IMEI hack because it will screw your phone up period! Just again every thread am in I have to say it.

If you can wait til i get my boot loader code. Ill degrade for you and make a Nandroid backup for you.

Already posted one, it's B888 is just fine too so there's no need to do it for me alone unless you want to make one and upload it for the internet in general. But thanks mate. ;)

Guest sharkyo01

Just downloading a copy of that... I been wanting to degrade to gingerbread my self...

I have all sorts of things I have downloaded for G300 I should really upload them for this forum... But if I can degrade to B895 with out any imei hacks Ill back it up and upload it.

Edited by sharkyo01

Just downloading a copy of that... I been wanting to degrade to gingerbread my self...

I have all sorts of things I have downloaded for G300 I should really upload them for this forum... But if I can degrade to B895 with out any imei hacks Ill back it up and upload it.

You can, use this: http://www.modaco.com/topic/361310-downgrade-upgrade-from-recovery/

People shouldn't really be messing with the IMEI since there's these easy and safe solutions. Used them both plenty of times, baseband is applied correctly with each one and IMEI is preserved.

Guest sharkyo01

You can, use this: http://www.modaco.co...-from-recovery/

People shouldn't really be messing with the IMEI since there's these easy and safe solutions. Used them both plenty of times, baseband is applied correctly with each one and IMEI is preserved.

Well there is a lot of keyboard warriors who have not used the IMEI hack and who don't know what damage it can do to your phone and I am for ever cleaning up the mess from it.