[JB][4.2.2] [CM-10.1] [R4] By Joestone

Guest jazon

Guest rale_ts

Thanks Joe, mobile data working fine now :)

Edit build.prop and change qemu.hw.mainkeys = 0 to qemu.hw.mainkeys = 1

I changed build.prop like you wrote and navigation bar is despaired, but i have one more problem: pie controls from system settings has despaired also.

Any solution for this?

Guest mr_mufy

Hi,

I install this rom about a 15min, and still doesn't reboot...

it replace the CWM by TPM and install well, but still no first boot????!

CAn some one help me?

Weel false alarm, i reinstall again and this time reboot.

I will test.

Edited by mr_mufy

Guest Pyntux

I changed build.prop like you wrote and navigation bar is despaired, but i have one more problem: pie controls from system settings has despaired also.

Any solution for this?

Just change "expand desktop" options to something like "status bar visiable" and expand desktop, than OS will be without navigation bar...

Guest Pyntux

I flashed zip for partitions , but now after flashing B952, there's no internal storage, wtf?

Edited by Pyntux

Guest Pyntux

What to do now? :( When I mount phone to PC, there's regular internal storage, but in phone, there's no internal anything... :(

In TWRP, there's internal sd, but no any file manager do not see anything on internal sd, where's problem?

Edited by Pyntux

Guest djuroue

Maybe that zip for restoring original partitions is not okay... We must wait for Joe to come, and to try solving this problem ...

Guest mandgeo

@ buffalo soldier & pyntux....I think joestone likes TWRP because it can use somethink like OTA update. If i remember well (from the time he developed for ZTE V71A), there is an app that checks for new file in his developer site and, with twrp, the update is more easyer.

Edited by mandgeo

Guest joestone

Maybe... :( Waiting for Joestone...

Please tell me what did you exactly. The solution is the following :

Start the phone in recovery.

unmount internal_sd

on your pc run the following commands from a cmd window:

adb shell umount /dev/block/mmcblk0p19

adb shell mkdsofs /dev/block/mmcblk0p19

adb reboot

The second solution is start the phone in recovery.

Mount the usb storage

When windows prompt for a removable disk for formatting format it with fat fs.

About technical details how it works :

The rom installer first unmount the internal_sd and the data and android secure. Then the installer script formats the /dev/block/mmcblk0p19 partition to ext4 (this is normally the internal_sd and formatted to fat). When it finish the next step is format /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 to fat (this is normally the data partition and formatted to ext4) . If both format finish it will install the rom itself to system partition ,then boot partition and finaly the twrp recovery with swapped data and internal_sd.

The swapped partition recovery is needed with this rom as the normal recovery maps /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 to data with ext4 filesystem and /dev/block/mmcblk0p19 mapped to /internal_sd with fat filesystem.

The partition recovery zip unmounts the swapped partitions , then format /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 to ext4 and /dev/block/mmcblk0p19 to fat. finaly flashes the normal twrp recovery .

When you install the rom wipe is not needed as it will format the partition (same as wipe) . If you flashed the partition recovery .zip you need to restart the phone before doing anything else in recovery .

Guest hippy dave

Rom looks great so far, cheers!

I flashed the rom from CWM, then rebooted to TWRP and flashed gapps, but first time I tried to boot it stuck at the CM boot animation. I went back to TWRP, wiped and flashed the rom & gapps again, and it worked fine. Very nice having the bigger main partition.

Guest joestone

The fixed version of partition recovery.zip is uploaded.

The problem was in the updater script

This was the original line

unmount("/dev/block/mmcblk0p19");

It did not unmounted the internal_sd and mkdosfs was not able to format the partition to fat.

Changed the line to this:

run_program("/sbin/umount","/dev/block/mmcblk0p19");

Now it formats correctly the partition.

Guest joestone

Joestone can I flash non swapped R4 over R3?

Also could you make a version without TWRP Recovery?

Non swapped version is without twrp , and can be installed over R3.

Guest Buffalo Soldier

Not swapped version is uploaded .

Thank you Joestone, I've tried this version and I still can't get mobile data connection working. :(

I would also like to suggest two things: ''reboot to recovery'' option in power menu and software buttons disabled by default.

Guest smweb

Thank you Joestone, I've tried this version and I still can't get mobile data connection working. :(

I would also like to suggest two things: ''reboot to recovery'' option in power menu and software buttons disabled by default.

It's in the developer settings, enable developer settings first, and then enable extended boot from "advanced reboot" menu.

Guest Buffalo Soldier

OK, thanks smweb, will try it out when the next version comes out, cause I went back to Slim v13 since my data is not working.

Guest djuroue

Hmm, had a random reboot 2 hours ago ... I was using facebook messenger, sent a message, put phone in pocket, when i felt vibration, i thought it was a message, instead it was booting :)