Beta 13: MoDaCo.SWITCH HTC One support topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mbroeders

Right folks!

Beta 13 is now available for testing here - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)

Hopefully this will resolve the issues everyone has been having! Let me know...!

P

So we flash this on top of beta 12 (since it is only 30mb)? Thus, wipe - beta 12 - beta 13 - (S-on) - root package (1th post)?

Guest PaulOBrien

Beta 13 changelog is now in post 1. I'll add the Beta 13 zip to the main post after a few of you have confirmed success (I have installed and done in excess of 20 successful switches before posting the zip!)

P

Guest mbroeders

Paul, so far no reboots, fastboot keeps disabled. Only thing I've noticed so far is the pertaining message that an update is available (beta 12), while my rom version is Beta13 (2sep 2013 19:00:00). But I guess I can disable that message, so no biggie :) Thanks for the fast updates!

Guest PaulOBrien

If you have already installed Beta 13 (if the file you installed was not SWITCH.Beta13.r2.zip), please install this version - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - it includes an important fix for S-OFF users.

P

Guest PaulOBrien

And with that - onwards and upwards! I have a little treat for S-ON users.

I have created a package which effectively gives you the S-OFF experience if you are S-ON. It installs a kernel module on the Sense side (courtesy of flar2) and a custom kernel on the GPe side (also courtesy of flar2) which disables the write protect locking. What this means is that you can edit /system, boot etc. while the device is booted and in addition, you can SWITCH without having to go via recovery!

Installation is via an update zip - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - MD5: 728460de18a82b2d6a3ad5898b07c125

This will give you the unprotected access, but it won't disable S-ON switching if you've installed that. To revert to S-OFF switching, do the following:

adb shell rm /data/SWITCH/son

This is for testing atm and is at your own risk of course, but i'm using it on a S-ON device here and it works great! :)

This should be installed AFTER the root zip (and reinstalled if you reinstall the root zip).

P

Guest tonztime

So we flash this on top of beta 12 (since it is only 30mb)? Thus, wipe - beta 12 - beta 13 - (S-on) - root package (1th post)?

I was originally on beta 12 and having the bootloop problems so I restored my nandroid from Beta 10 and have stayed there until now. If I make a backup of the data partition, wipe everything, install beta 12, beta 13, (s-on) and root package will I then just need to restore apps and settings at that point? I want to have as clean of an install as possible but don't want to spend too much time getting everything configured again. Would this be the best way to get updated?

Guest GenShard

ygaputad.jpg

TAMPERED

UNLOCKED

S-ON

Wiped caches, flashed 13, son package and SU1.6 Reboot and switch all good. Esfe has /system rw and / rw. Then ran the adb shell commands and "Permission Denied"

And recovery manager can't reboot into recovery either

#Edit.

Wiped caches flashed 13, SU1.6 THEN the son package. No dice.

Should I be flashing the old son pack before the root?

Gonna try now and get back to ya

Edited by GenShard

Guest mbroeders

TAMPERED

UNLOCKED

S-ON

Wiped caches, flashed 13, son package and SU1.6 Reboot and switch all good. Esfe has /system rw and / rw. Then ran the adb shell commands and "Permission Denied"

And recovery manager can't reboot into recovery either

#Edit.

Wiped caches flashed 13, SU1.6 THEN the son package. No dice.

Should I be flashing the old son pack before the root?

Gonna try now and get back to ya

I'm not really sure what you're asking, but I think you want to install the latest Switch and I assume that you are S-on. Then you have 2 options:

1) Perform a factory reset (full wipe), flash beta 12, then beta 13, root package (if you want root), and then the update.zip from this post: http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2155136 (This will simulate S-off and bypass recovery when switching).

or

2) Perform factory reset (full wipe), flash beta 12, then beta 13, S-on package, and root package.

Either one of those two will work on S-on devices. Good luck!

Edited by mbroeders

Guest mbroeders

I was originally on beta 12 and having the bootloop problems so I restored my nandroid from Beta 10 and have stayed there until now. If I make a backup of the data partition, wipe everything, install beta 12, beta 13, (s-on) and root package will I then just need to restore apps and settings at that point? I want to have as clean of an install as possible but don't want to spend too much time getting everything configured again. Would this be the best way to get updated?

Yes, indeed. I believe that would be the fastest way. I backed everything up using Titanium Backup and restored my apps with their data after a full wipe. Everything working now as it should. Good luck!

Guest PaulOBrien

What was the cause of the bootloops?

An error in one of the scripts preventing the siloing working correctly.

Just install B12 then B13 over what you have plus the S-ON and root packs and you'll be set.

I presume I won't need HTC rw antymore

If you use the NoWP pack, correct.

I keep getting a download error using the OTA app, any tips?

Fixed!

P

Guest GenShard

I'm not really sure what you're asking, but I think you want to install the latest Switch and I assume that you are S-on. Then you have 2 options:

1) Perform a factory reset (full wipe), flash beta 12, then beta 13, root package (if you want root), and then the update.zip from this post: http://www.modaco.co...20#entry2155136 (This will simulate S-off and bypass recovery when switching).

or

2) Perform factory reset (full wipe), flash beta 12, then beta 13, S-on package, and root package.

Either one of those two will work on S-on devices. Good luck!

So what does that adb command do?

And so you know I have always flashed ya s-on zip and never have I ever switched without twrp

Guest mbroeders

So what does that adb command do?

And so you know I have always flashed ya s-on zip and never have I ever switched without twrp

If you have already flashed everything, including the S-on package, and you would like to avoid switching via recovery, then you can flash the update Paul provided, but you will need to do the adb command to remove the S-on package.

Guest GenShard

If you have already flashed everything, including the S-on package, and you would like to avoid switching via recovery, then you can flash the update Paul provided, but you will need to do the adb command to remove the S-on package.

OFFS I AM NOT AN IDIOT I HAVE DONE THESE STEPS REPEATEDLY AND ALWAYS GET "PERMISSION DENIED" as posted above if you have eyes. And throughout my whole entire switch life, beta 2+ onwards, even with flashing the son pack EVERY TIME, with every new update install or flash, I have NEVER EVER switched sans recovery.

Please don't repeat others needlessly without reading my earlier posts

Guest mbroeders

OFFS I AM NOT AN IDIOT I HAVE DONE THESE STEPS REPEATEDLY AND ALWAYS GET "PERMISSION DENIED" as posted above if you have eyes. And throughout my whole entire switch life, beta 2+ onwards, even with flashing the son pack EVERY TIME, with every new update install or flash, I have NEVER EVER switched sans recovery.

Please don't repeat others needlessly without reading my earlier posts

I was not suggesting you are an idiot and i do read your posts. I gave you an answer to your question: what does the adb command do (it removes the S-on package script). Anyway, I was just trying to help. With the permission denied issue: in linux you could start adb as root (adb kill-server, sudo adb start-server), in windows I don't exactly know. Make sure you have enabled USB debugging in developer options. But seeing as you're being quite rude, I will let others try to help you.

Edit: honestly, i don't know why i even bother, but make sure you are in recovery mode when trying these commands. And maybe you have to mount data (using recovery) for it to work, but I'm not sure as I'm not working on a windows machine.

Edited by mbroeders

Guest GenShard

I was not suggesting you are an idiot and i do read your posts. I gave you an answer to your question: what does the adb command do (it removes the S-on package script). Anyway, I was just trying to help. With the permission denied issue: in linux you could start adb as root (adb kill-server, sudo adb start-server), in windows I don't exactly know. Make sure you have enabled USB debugging in developer options. But seeing as you're being quite rude, I will let others try to help you.

Edit: honestly, i don't know why i even bother, but make sure you are in recovery mode when trying these commands. And maybe you have to mount data (using recovery) for it to work, but I'm not sure as I'm not working on a windows machine.

If that's your idea of help I don't know why you bother either

Quite frankly the whole S on thing confuses my poor Samsung sensibilities. But I know enough to know how to use ADB and enable debugging tyvm.

13 works fine but I still have no /data control. Coz of S on I presume.

O guess my question is what foes that original Son package do exactly. Coz I get that the second one emulates S off but what's the first one do?

I have flashed it whey time with every update but no switch sans recovery and no /data control

Edited by GenShard

Guest PaulOBrien

If that's your idea of help I don't know why you bother either

Quite frankly the whole S on thing confuses my poor Samsung sensibilities. But I know enough to know how to use ADB and enable debugging tyvm.

13 works fine but I still have no /data control. Coz of S on I presume.

O guess my question is what foes that original Son package do exactly. Coz I get that the second one emulates S off but what's the first one do?

I have flashed it whey time with every update but no switch sans recovery and no /data control

As mbroeders helpfully pointed out, do the adb command from recovery and you should be fine. Else adb shell in and to 'su' before the command.

P

Guest serkanhiziroglu

Hello everyone. I'm about to install Modaco.Switch for my One. But I'm little obsessed about "rebooting the device" because i feel like i have to finish my charge %2-3 and charge it to %100 and repeat it everytime. And if I reboot my device I feel like i broke it's charge cycle. I do know that modaco.switch's reboot isn't different from a normal reboot but I also scare to reboot my phone.

Guest Freshbard

Hi Paul

Thanks for you work here. Everything is now ok and fixed :) Huge thanks. As I'm S-On I'm gonna try your trick asap

One more time ... THANK YOUUUUUUUU

Guest y2jdmbfan

I got my MMS issue on AT&T corrected. All I had to do was clear data/cache from the messaging app. I haven't tried to switch to Sense and then back, but I will and let you know if it still works.