Trouble with my phone :(

Guest DualShockGam3r

Guest DualShockGam3r

Hey guys, new to the forums and stuff, i botched up a flash for acer liquid E, the rom installed but then the phone wouldn't reboot.

Whenever i opened the screen all i could see was "xxxMB of memory is needed for this rom" when i definitely checked(and double checked) if it was for the right model and it was.

So i tried the tutorial you guys have here, which is awesome btw but it just got stuck at this stage:

4me4.png

Not sure what I am doing wrong or if its beyond repair ( i really hope not :( )

Thanks for any help in advance!

EDIT: Okay I've managed to get the acer and android logo to show up but now its stuck there :(

EDIT 2: Tried the steps again and this time used the Download tool edited by MA.

Everything went off fine until the fastboot event and then this happened.

Wait UsbEvent [AMSS => Fastboot]

>> No UsbEvent [AMSS => Fastboot], Now quit process...

>> Process finished. [Not Succ]

>> Process Result : Download Process was failed...

>> Process finished, USB cable can be removed now.

Would really appreciate any and all help!

Edited by DualShockGam3r

Guest Master_T

Acer Tool always gets stuck at the same point as in your screen for me, ie: it fails to reboot into fastboot. My solution has always been this:

1) When it gets stuck, disconnect USB and remove battery

2) Reinsert battery and reconnect to USB

3) When the charging battery image appears on screen, hold down "Camera" (all the way) and the "Back" softbutton, phone will boot to Fastboot

4) Acer tool will resume.

Guest DualShockGam3r

Acer Tool always gets stuck at the same point as in your screen for me, ie: it fails to reboot into fastboot. My solution has always been this:

1) When it gets stuck, disconnect USB and remove battery

2) Reinsert battery and reconnect to USB

3) When the charging battery image appears on screen, hold down "Camera" (all the way) and the "Back" softbutton, phone will boot to Fastboot

4) Acer tool will resume.

Thank you, I'll try it out, its at my friend's right now so here's hoping this works :D

Is recovery working? If it is you can try to flash the rom with the phone being in recovery mode. I hope it will work for you :)

Recovery is sadly not working :( thank you very much for the reply though :)

Guest DualShockGam3r

Just got my phone back, he couldn't fix it so gonna try what you guys suggested *fingers crossed*

EDIT: I don't know what he did but now it wont even detect on ADT. I can see the download sign on the screen but it's as if the brightness is set at 1 or something, no backlight. It's a lost cause isn't it :P

Edited by DualShockGam3r

Guest Master_T

Not necessarily... if you can get into fastboot (plug usb then press camera and back as I said before) you might be able to flash the system images manually using fastboot.exe. It's worth a try...

Guest DualShockGam3r

Not necessarily... if you can get into fastboot (plug usb then press camera and back as I said before) you might be able to flash the system images manually using fastboot.exe. It's worth a try...

When i put it on fastboot this is what the screen shows, no clue what that means sadly. This is the same screen i get when ADT gets stuck at fastboot.

USB FastBoot: V1_.03.00

HW version: V0.4

AMSS version: A1-04.02.01

Machine ID: 1009000 v0

Build Date: May 10 2010 21:01:43

Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

usb_init

I tried opening fastboot.exe in the ADT folder but a dos window opened and closed very quickly. This is the screenshot i took.

NRJ37hy.png

Edited by DualShockGam3r

Guest Master_T

Once you have the phone in fastboot mode, you should open a DOS prompt in the folder where you have both a recovery image and fastboot. From there type the command:

fastboot.exe -i 0x0502 flash recovery recovery.img

Where recovery.img is the filename of your recovery image.

If it works without errors you can then shut down the device and turn it on with "VolumeDown + Power", you should hear three short vibrations. At that point the device should boot in recovery mode.

Edited by Master_T

Guest DualShockGam3r

Once you have the phone in fastboot mode, you should open a DOS prompt in the folder where you have both a recovery image and fastboot. From there type the command:

Where recovery.img is the filename of your recovery image.

If it works without errors you can then shut down the device and turn it on with "VolumeDown + Power", you should hear three short vibrations. At that point the device should boot in recovery mode.

It says <waiting for device> and it keeps waiting :(

computers are so much easier to handle lol :P

Edited by DualShockGam3r

Guest Master_T

Is the Fastboot driver installed? Go to the windows Device Manager while the phone is in fastboot mode and connected to usb and see if you have any unrecognized devices (yellow icon)

Edited by Master_T

Guest DualShockGam3r

Is the Fastboot driver installed? Go to the windows Device Manager while the phone is in fastboot mode and connected to usb and see if you have any unrecognized devices (yellow icon)

There is ACER Fastboot interface with the ! in a triangle.

EDIT: when I try to use the "update driver automatically" it tells me I already have the latest stuff. So I am guessing automatic isn't the way to go.

EDIT2: I checked the properties of the device - ACER Fastboot Interface and it shows this message :

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

A request for the USB BOS descriptor failed.

Edited by DualShockGam3r

Guest DualShockGam3r

YAY!!!!

Tried using the same tool on another computer with USB 2.0 and it works XD It's alive!!!!!

Thanks a lot Master_T, couldn't have been easy explaining everything to such a noob xD