Delete

Guest kyan31

Guest kyan31
Wow! Thanks!

There is nothing that can stop you from making new ROMs! :P

One thing, are there any bugs?

LOL, your welcome ;)

As for bugs, there are a few. Here's a list:

- The OC settings within the cyanogenmod settings do not function, however OC works when used by an external app e.g. NoFrills CPU

- Sometimes there is a persistent notification in the status bar nagging about 'checking SD card' or something. It goes away after a quick SD unmount and mount within the settings.

I'm using this as a daily rom and it's great. There's usually over 260mb free RAM and the cpu is not put under a lot of strain. I recommend the Mattedblues theme for an ICS experience, and Holo launcher or Aviate for a more updated look :)

Edited by kyan31

Guest Tentmaster

No network :mellow: . Says "Incorrect Pin" when I enter my pin. Can get Home Screen when I have entered my pin code for the third time. Cannot add wifi network- it will not save. Help please. :( Have done a full wipe !

Edited by Tentmaster

No network :mellow: . Says "Incorrect Pin" when I enter my pin. Can get Home Screen when I have entered my pin code for the third time. Cannot add wifi network- it will not save. Help please. :( Have done a full wipe !

I checked all of those problems and the only one I am having is with wifi. I can't seem to set up my wifi either, luckily I don't use wifi on my G300. The pin number and network all work fine for me so maybe you need to reinstall.

What baseband are you running this on? I think the network is kinda unreliable on the 109808 BB.

Edited by kyan31

I found the error associated with the wifi, however I can't really do much about it as I don't have the correct 'tools'. Maybe someone else can have a go at fixing wifi:

09-01 01:47:43.350 E/WifiHW  (174): Unable to open connection to supplicant on "eth0": No such file or directory[/CODE]

i am happy to try this once wifi is sorted.does it not work at all?

Apparently there is a version of CM7 which has fully working WiFi, so I may be able to rip the wifi drivers from it and implement it here.

Kyan, what Kernel do you recommand? And can you provide a proximity sensor disable patch again please and also a volume rocker wake please.

The Ouch Kernel is probably the better Kernel in my opinion. As for the other things, Cyanogenmod has a volume wake toggle within the settings and the proximity thing might be hard to do without a computer. I'll look into it though.

Guest Gabriel94

The Ouch Kernel is probably the better Kernel in my opinion. As for the other things, Cyanogenmod has a volume wake toggle within the settings and the proximity thing might be hard to do without a computer. I'll look into it though.

Take your time, wait for your computer, I can wait. Better to have a good ROM when it's done.

Edited by Gabriel94

Guest Gabriel94

+1. A few more weeks is no big deal.

I know, but I found something on XDA, Settings > Call Settings > Always use Proximity, all I have to do is uncheck that, if it is there in this ROM, I am going to check it out.

Guest Gabriel94

I know, but I found something on XDA, Settings > Call Settings > Always use Proximity, all I have to do is uncheck that, if it is there in this ROM, I am going to check it out.

Ok Kyan, I can confirm, it works, but you have to go to Settings > Call Settings > Keep screen awake, that is all I need.

But unfortunately I did not find Volume Rocker Wake. :(

EDIT:

Ok, I found that one too, it is in Settings > CyanogenMod Settings > Input > Volume rocker wake.

This ROM is amazing, packed with all kind of very good features, now I need something to send the screen to sleep, the best ones I like are in the notification bar and not a widget.

EDIT #2:

I may have found a Bug, Wi-Fi keeps turning itself off when I turn it on and it does not see any Wi-Fi at all.

Maybe it is because of the order I flashed the ROM: 1. ROM 2.Kernel 3.Baseband Patch

OK EDIT #3:

This is the most impressive ROM, it has really everything I need, even the Notification Bar Go To Sleep.

Only one thing upsets me now, Wi-Fi is turning itself off. :(

Edited by Gabriel94