[ROM]JB[ceco's P.A. BASED][ESSEX_V1]naked and dressed[Beats Audio]

Guest robneymcplum

Guest robneymcplum

This is a ROM made by me, taking c3co's excellent paranoid android as a base, spending days removing things from it and checking it worked OK, removing something else, putting that back... to get the size/speed/stability perfect. Didnt like the dark JB colours so went light and I'm on orange so chose orange, and called it ESSEX because they are all orange. Available in 2 options, naked and dressed. Naked is as stripped as I could possibly make it and fits on a 150mb partition, no browser, no Email client, no music player, no google stuff..etc.. Dressed has these things put back in and fits on a 200mb partition. Both ROMs have these:

Zeam Launcher

Smart Keyboard

Trans Weather Clock

Roundr

SuperSU

OI File manager

TPT helper

New package installer to install everything to SD card

And dressed has these as well:

Gmail

Google Maps

Rocket Player

BusyBox

Link2sd

And modified Opera Mini

Both running at 844mhz/122mhz and battery life is excellent.

Credits go firstly to c3co for paranoid android base, CM team for their hard work and base, Mohammad_Adib for the roundr app, Amphoras for TPT helper, anyone thinks they deserve a thanks let me know and I'll edit you in :)

BAD THINGS: cannot get my roms to make a flashable zip, so had to post the NAND versions which isnt a massive problem, working in 2 different blades on 2 different networks. If anyone can try and make them flashable I'd be grateful, tried 3 different ways and got nowhere :( Camera flash and the bluetooth issue as per all JB roms and finally, doesnt seem to like mounting unless in CWM, my friend found this out but I use Android Commander: http://androidcommander.com/ as my PC manager, you should to as it accesses all your phone without needing to turn it off, or mount sd etc. and it works fine then. Screens and links next post :)

Guest robneymcplum

Download for Dressed 200mb version: http://www.4shared.c...ckupzipped.html NOT FLASHABLE ZIPS

Download for Naked 150mb version: http://www.4shared.c...ckedupzip2.html UNPACK THEN INSTALL BACKUP IN CWM!

Download fro Beats Audio: http://upafile.com/7wr6ycimhqom

Full flash wipe etc before flashing, install this then install beats audio once running, let it reboot and you're off.

Add to \sd\clockworkmod\backup and restore in CWM.

Any problems or help appreciated, first time romming, know I would have gone wrong somewhere but I've used it and have no issue except the mounting issue which doesnt effect me. Back up current rom first, take no responsibilty for anything going wrong. Thanks for trying if you do :)

post-946864-0-74087300-1378031507_thumb.

post-946864-0-98803400-1378031533_thumb.

post-946864-0-81791400-1378031545_thumb.

post-946864-0-11984700-1378031585_thumb.

post-946864-0-44625200-1378031595_thumb.

post-946864-0-11168700-1378031605_thumb.

Edited by robneymcplum

Guest Elantox

looks nice ^^

2 zips same size...

im install dressed version, and i dont have:

Gmail

Google Maps

Rocket Player

BusyBox

Link2sd

And modified Opera Mini

Edited by Elantox

Guest robneymcplum

Arses.... it seems to have uploaded the same file twice but under the different names.... i'll upload the dressed version once I get home.

And just so I know, what are toggles? where would I find them? do you mean the on off buttons like for wireless etc? as they are meant to be. if it's something else then could you let me know as I might not be aware of things I don't use. is battery and speed ok? smoothness etc? any comments i'll make version 2 with as much feedback as you leave.

thanks.

Guest Elantox
Arses.... it seems to have uploaded the same file twice but under the different names.... i'll upload the dressed version once I get home.

And just so I know, what are toggles? where would I find them? do you mean the on off buttons like for wireless etc? as they are meant to be. if it's something else then could you let me know as I might not be aware of things I don't use. is battery and speed ok? smoothness etc? any comments i'll make version 2 with as much feedback as you leave.

thanks.

post-979956-13782276607722_thumb.jpg

post-979956-13782276801385_thumb.jpg

Guest kamango604

Example, you can see on off switches but cant see of what. Most of the thing are themed well, but in many applications new theme makes buttons invisble. In link2sd, buttons look shaded as if they were unavailable, and some cant be seen at all. For example, pressing bottom of the screen works(for ok and dismiss) but that field is blank as if there was nothing there.

post-972358-0-49306800-1378228403_thumb.

Guest robneymcplum

ah I see, first job then to sort those out. is that their proper name, toggles? think this may be trial and error on my part to find a colour shade that will work on orange black white and possibly grey. is everything else working ok?

• 1 month later...

Nice to test it, just a bit confugins to make a backup of my current rom then to copy backup of yours, it's complicated to know whick one is your rom and my rom backup, all i need to know is if is smooth everywhere and responsive without overclock, every rom i tested i used max 787 mhz, i dont use overclock.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...