[JB] [4.3.1] CyanogenMod 10.2 [ROM]

Guest Dazzozo

Guest leakcim

Hi, what other software do you have, something in the background interfering with messaging? As for lags disable all animations in developer settings and use an app called autostarts to disable stuff from starting in the background. It's amazing how many triggers some programs have.

Hey, sorry i havent see your post! Thanks for answer me!

I just have installed the facebook software and one game.

I havent see the developer setting and everytimes when I restart the phone, the first message appear the trubech doesnt responding ( kernel I think, I dont remember the correctly name).

When i wanted to debbug USB, i havent find the developer settings.

My girlfriends was angry with me about dont answer her sms lol

Now I back to [iCS] [REPACK] [4.0.3] B952 U8815 Worldwide release [ROM]

I love the CyanogenMod ( here ) but the problem with sms i cant to continue with that rom or he will be angry with me lol :-(

But when i going to google play about the Messaging software, I see the messagin have some bugs with MMS and Some sms doesnt receive...

Guest phyllocrania

i have problems with google sync and restore... "There was a problem communicating with Google servers!" < something like that!

My sync worked perfectly okay. All my contacts are synced. Gmail sync is working fine too.

I don't have any apps in "my apps" of Play Store though. I always remove apps once I flash a new ROM. I do that because I hardly have 5-6 apps installed in my phone at a given time and I don't want them to be automatically restored. So that means my app data never gets restored. And maybe that's why I faced no problems with Google sync. Just a guess though.

Guest phyllocrania
What are your opinions about this ROM?
Presuming that you asked me this as my post is directly above yours, my opinion about this ROM is that it's awesome. Some options like lock screen configuration, buttons control, screen off animation, volume rockr awake, etc. are not there. And WiFi tethering doesn't work. But I can live without these. I find the overall experience smoother than CM 10.2. Some customization options are missing, like I mentioned before. But for me these are insignificant. And this is just the first release. Loads of improvement will definitely come in the next couple of months hopefully. As of now, I'm happy I have a working Kitkat on my phone. :D Edited by phyllocrania

Guest phyllocrania
is overclocking working on experimental CM 11??
Nope, no overclocking. Maximum CPU frequency is 1008 MHz. Edited by phyllocrania

A very good rom :D I've noticed a bug - 2g/3g toggle doesn't work(
And I'm still unable to have working gapps with ART. I've tried 3 versions and no one worked properly. BUT ART makes android significantly faster) I really like it.

Guest Balerion

Wow, cm11 is awesome, so much faster than 10.2 for me. I love KitKat so far, I only have one problem: shouldnt the status bar be transparent? that was one of my favourite kitkat feature :( .

And yes, 2G/3G toggle doesnt seem to work.

PS: Thank you Dazzo!!!!

Edited by Balerion

Internal SD is set to default. And unlike in CM 10.2, I can't find any option to set External SD as default in Settings-> Storage in this ROM.

GPS works flawless.

I have the same problem, i also cant find option in settings to change default storage. Am I missing something?

Guest garricic

I have the same problem, i also cant find option in settings to change default storage. Am I missing something?

I dont know how, but I changed it some time ago :D but I had to reflash ROM because GAPPS problem so I can´t help you :(

Wow, cm11 is awesome, so much faster than 10.2 for me. I love KitKat so far, I only have one problem: shouldnt the status bar be transparent? that was one of my favourite kitkat feature :( .

And yes, 2G/3G toggle doesnt seem to work.

PS: Thank you Dazzo!!!!

Daz said on irc that transparent status bar causes lags, so it made it black.

PS: I installed it last night and had 2 random reboots, although I have an officially unlocked bootloader, and as some other user said, I had slowdowns on browser navigation.

Edited by flor90

Guest phyllocrania

As per IRC logs, this feature isn't available on this ROM as of now.

Guest wards5150

Wow. KitKat on the G300. Amazing work Daz.Thanks again for your continued devotion to this phone.Just flashed to have a bit of a trial look. Running that well i will keep it on for a while longer.Cant wait for the rest of the cm options. Need to get rid of that ugly search banner. That is my only negative at the moment everything else working well have even got google now working well will this be implemented like the nexus 5 in the future? (swipe to left from home screen.) Seems alot better than 10.2. camera speed is great. Does anyone else play tapped out? Not been able to load this game since 3.4 kernel implemented?

Guest plewis1981

Awesome work daz, grate to see 4.4 on g300 :) I flashed earlier today ( while I was supposed to be working lol ) and had no problems that have not already been mentioned in this thread so I won't go through them again, I did receive a call and had NO caller ID lag :) but I like all the customization options so I have flashed 25/11 build of CM10.2 tonight and I am glad to report that when setting external SD as default I did not get a buildup of files in /data/lost+found and also did not loose network coverage when the phone rebooted,

Amazing fixing problems in 1 ROM whilst building something complatly new, and they say men can't multitask lol

Thanks again for all your hard work :)

Edited by plewis1981

Guest Balerion

The more time I spend with KitKat, the more I think it is amazing and considering it is an experimental build it makes it even more amazing. Dazz you are awesome!

Battery life is very good (4h and a half of screen time) and everything is smooth.

I have a small problem though with the clock app, it doesnt support shake actions to dismiss alarms :(. Is there an app that can give me that? Or maybe an apk of the jb version? :)

As per IRC logs, this feature isn't available on this ROM as of now.

I don't understand why, my humble opinion is that 2GBs is too small and that it is making my 16GB card useless. I can only hope that there will be some workaround to make external card default storage.

Guest baboonuk

Daz i have a little issue, i installed any app on my G300, i have install cm11, and after reboot this app missing on my phone???

I have found that any apps installed on external memory disappear on reboot with this new 4.4 ROM. So I've stuck them all on internal for now.

Edited by baboonuk

Guest baboonuk

I don't understand why, my humble opinion is that 2GBs is too small and that it is making my 16GB card useless. I can only hope that there will be some workaround to make external card default storage.

Of course there will be, this is the first build and it is labelled "experimental"! :-s patience...

Guest qwertyu123

i have problems with google sync and restore... "There was a problem communicating with Google servers!" < something like that!

I tried to solve my sync problems (Calendar, etc) installing the full google 4.4 apps version (pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131114-signed.zip)

, but it looks like the whole system got screwed...

It looks like the launcher doesnt boot, and all I got is a black screen so I couldn't lauch any application.

I had to reflash ROM and reflash the stripped version of Google apps 4.4, wipe cache and dalvik, do factory default and format /system.

So don't try this (I imagine there is some kind of incompatibility on the full version that Daz removed on the stripped one)  :D ... 

Edited by qwertyu123