MoDaCo Mobile Week Episode 43 - IFA madness

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

James (@nortools) and I are proud to present the MoDaCo Mobile Week Episode 43 - IFA madness!

...sharing our views about the news in this week's mobile world.

In this weeks ~55 minute bumper edition, we're talking about...

• Moments.
  • The ZTE v967s arrives.
  • Nokiasoft / Nomisoft is born.
  • IFA bumper update.
  • Mmmm, KitKat...
  • Nexus 5 (maybe)?
  • Sony Lens cameras
  • iPhone rumours and event.?
...as well as our usual number of tangents!

The ZTE V967s from Merimobiles is currently the MoDaCo Mobile Week featured device - visit the product page for more details on this low price, high spec phone!

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can get the podcast in the following ways:

It's been a while since we last podcasted, so bear with us while we get the various options sorted out. The inline player and the direct link are up and running. :)

• Direct download from the downloads section of the site
  • Via iTunes (search for MoDaCo!)
  • Via RSS with enclosures - simply add the feed to the reader of your choice
Your feedback is really valuable and will tell us whether it is worth our while to continue running the podcasts! Do you listen? What do you like? What do you not like? Please leave your feedback in the comments below, you can also rate us on iTunes!

You can listen to this weeks show here:

http://www.modaco.co...ss/download.mp3

Or download in MP3 format.

Click here to view the item

"Twin sims is the key thing for me as I use a work sim (no data but we can use for personal calls and pay for those) and personal sim (for data)."

Above from my long comment/mini THL W8 Beyond/W8S review at the bottom of your excellent x7 review. I think more people would be very interested in twin sim phones - certainly ones where people have work and personal phones (lots of people choose to or have to). It's just that the way people buy phones generally doesn't allow them to (and no twin sim phones on the high street!) - carriers want you to use them and them alone don't they? And they sell the majority of phones and even non-carrier stores want to sell you a contract from a carrier so the same applies.

The few people I have shown my twin sim THL phone too have had very strong positive comments about having one phone with twin sims as most have a works phone (a Nokia/Samsung feature phone with nothing smart about it with no data capability) and then have a personal smartphone to get the smart stuff and data access.

Edited by sipart

Guest graememk

Been looking into Dual Sim phones myself, for the missus to be, She'll be working in the UK and living across the border in the Rep. of Ireland.

She currently uses an S3 and considered the Chinese phones but came to the conclusion that it would be too much of a downgrade.

Then came across the dual sim variant of the S4 but that is so expensive compared to the normal s4. Although now that Three UK have brought out "Feel Like home" the dual sim wont be a problem as she will be able to roam with data for free. without the expense of running 2 phones.

I am on three Ireland and have a similar "3 Like home" when I'm in the North. Calling the UK is also included in my minutes. So that's my situation.

Guest jamoiholland

Would love mainstream phones to have dual SIM options, predominantly for the personal/work consolidated device idea that Paul mentions. Hate carrying two devices. Yes BYOD is around for some employees, but it can be quite intrusive depending on the type of MDM solution in use and the policy set by the employer.

P.S. Still no joy in Pocket Casts using RSS, sees no episodes, still having to revert to BeyondPod. Is that just me? (Both on Android btw!)

Guest PaulOBrien

Would love mainstream phones to have dual SIM options, predominantly for the personal/work consolidated device idea that Paul mentions. Hate carrying two devices. Yes BYOD is around for some employees, but it can be quite intrusive depending on the type of MDM solution in use and the policy set by the employer.

P.S. Still no joy in Pocket Casts using RSS, sees no episodes, still having to revert to BeyondPod. Is that just me? (Both on Android btw!)

Which URL are you using in Pocket Casts?

P

Guest h@mster81

Great podcast. :)

I own a Jiayu G3 for almost 9 months now. I'm on three but have no reception in the office where I work. Luckily my employer provides company phones to 2000+ people (BB on Vodafone) so they boost the signal in the building. Just bought this phone and have an Ovivo sim so I'm contactable at work in my private number. :)

Also I swap the Ovivo sim with local one when I'm abroad.

Build quality is ok for the price but I would pay some extra for "branded" dual sim phone as there are some small but very annoying problems (unreliable and sluggish GPS, weak and "slow" 3G )

What do you think about the Xperia C?

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-c/#tabs

I really like it but the that screen... it's a shame.

Guest jamoiholland

Which URL are you using in Pocket Casts?

P

I was using the RSS link from the episode 42 page on modaco.com, but now I've done the search method you suggested and it works, thanks!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.