Is it possible? Choosing your video player to watch videos online.

Guest worg3

So, i usually watch an enormous amount of videos online, on websites besides youtube.

Many browsers use their own player to play these videos, or use the default phone player. So Im wondering if its possible to somehow change this option, and make it prompt me which player to run.

I can do this on Baidu Browser. But not on anything else.

I actually think this is possible on other browsers but not sure how to do it, as my main browser is Dolphin, and its kind of annoying to switch browsers just to watch videos using my Mx Player.

Thanks.

It depends on the web page. The server will know from the initial query what Operating System and Browser you have, and what they can do. The page will then download, typically a javascript player for Flash video, or more often nowadays nothing if your browser plays the mobile format html5. They (the website operators) believe they know what's best for you ... Firefox used to have a choice of what app do you want to use, but after you decide the first time you are stuck with that choice forever, unless you purge FF's settings.

but after you decide the first time you are stuck with that choice forever, unless you purge FF's settings.

You mean in Tools > Options > Applications (in FF 23.0.1 on Windows anyway)?

Guest george109

Sone sites let you use a really old mobile version, where they stream content to the media player (for really old feature phones). Try searching Google for the mobile version of the sites that you use.