Why so sluggish? :/

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

I thought this tablet was supposed to be a Nexus 7 "competitor"?

On the CPU monitor, it seems to ramp right down to ~ 300Mhz... and responsiveness suffers, as a result.

I've been messing around. Did that entropy fix (debatable if it works, seemed to stop the stutter), disabled the tesco apps (all of them) and things are much better. SetCPU can stop the tablet from going down to 300mhz, too.

Benchmarks higher than my One X w/CM but still doesn't feel 100% as fast. That said, I was emulating PSP games pretty well, aha.

Guest glossywhite

I've been messing around. Did that entropy fix (debatable if it works, seemed to stop the stutter), disabled the tesco apps (all of them) and things are much better. SetCPU can stop the tablet from going down to 300mhz, too.

Benchmarks higher than my One X w/CM but still doesn't feel 100% as fast. That said, I was emulating PSP games pretty well, aha.

Ah thanks.

How does one disable the Tesco apps, apart from removing them from /system/app, please?

Ah thanks.

How does one disable the Tesco apps, apart from removing them from /system/app, please?

Just disable them as you would another app, Settings>Applications>(choose your app)>Disable

Guest glossywhite

Just disable them as you would another app, Settings>Applications>(choose your app)>Disable

Well, since I have no interest in using said apps, wouldn't it be better to just rm them from /system/app (with associated .odex)?

Well, since I have no interest in using said apps, wouldn't it be better to just rm them from /system/app (with associated .odex)?

It would be, but I don't want to go deleting stuff from /system/app without CWM. Just on the off chance I delete something I don't mean to :P

Guest glossywhite

It would be, but I don't want to go deleting stuff from /system/app without CWM. Just on the off chance I delete something I don't mean to :P

Well... yes, but CWM isn't magic - I know the terminal inside out - you can make a dir called "backup" and move them there I suppose; I may try that. 

Guest dahooool

I found it shocking as well, but tablet becomes faster after disabling the whole lot of tesco apps plus a few others you might not need. I use sdmaid to freeze them all out, in case something is wrong you can simply unfreeze them again