Help...

Guest aleksandar069

Guest aleksandar069

Hi everyone. I flash stock recovery (Turkey) Avea in Touch 2 and i flash the *update file successfully. I do full wipe before and after flashing. Now my phone wont boot. Only stuck on Avea in Touch logo. What to do now. I flash it one more time but nothing, same... Help. :(

Guest Snap.IT

I can enter in DFU http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40/if69.jpg/ but how to fix my phone?

You sure you are using the correct file for your phone?

If i'm going to help you with this you will need to tell me exactly what you done and where you got your files from, if you fail to mention something i'm out of here.

It's not that i want to be harsh it's just that i don't want to spend a month trying to figure out what you have done before i find a simple solution to it.

Can you enter recovery? Do you have access to a phone like your phone (mainly the same model and preferably the same vendor (tmobile or whatever))?

DFU mode is strictly for flashing individual files to your phone, if you try to flash anything else and don't have access to a complete dd backup of your mmcblk0 it's not going to ever work again.

Now... tell me, what did you do exactly and put it on a list like 1. downloaded file from [adress] 2. extracted [file] and flashed it and so on.

Edited by Snap.IT

Guest aleksandar069

You sure you are using the correct file for your phone?

If i'm going to help you with this you will need to tell me exactly what you done and where you got your files from, if you fail to mention something i'm out of here.

It's not that i want to be harsh it's just that i don't want to spend a month trying to figure out what you have done before i find a simple solution to it.

Can you enter recovery? Do you have access to a phone like your phone (mainly the same model and preferably the same vendor (tmobile or whatever))?

DFU mode is strictly for flashing individual files to your phone, if you try to flash anything else and don't have access to a complete dd backup of your mmcblk0 it's not going to ever work again.

Now... tell me, what did you do exactly and put it on a list like 1. downloaded file from [adress] 2. extracted [file] and flashed it and so on.

So, Before flashing the stock recovery i've have CWM installed. I wanted to flash AVEA IN TOUCH 2 like usually, but i forgot to format/system. After successfully flashing of stock recovery i flash and the stock rom (AVEA IN TOUCH 2) successfully AGAIN. But now my phone can't boot only stucking on the logo AVEA IN TOUCH2. Are is possiblle to be a problem in me becuse i forgot to format/system in CWM?

Guest Snap.IT

So, Before flashing the stock recovery i've have CWM installed. I wanted to flash AVEA IN TOUCH 2 like usually, but i forgot to format/system. After successfully flashing of stock recovery i flash and the stock rom (AVEA IN TOUCH 2) successfully AGAIN. But now my phone can't boot only stucking on the logo AVEA IN TOUCH2. Are is possiblle to be a problem in me becuse i forgot to format/system in CWM?

No, the update.zip will format everything including system and data so that's not the problem. (You never have to format system regardless of what rom you're installing)

Could you point me to the file you have installed?

Can you get into recovery at all now? It may very well be that you installed the wrong ROM and now your bootloader is trashed, if that is the case you're going to need a full backup (a dd of the whole mmcblk0 from another phone that is exactly like yours, same supplier and same operator), use DFU to get it to boot into recovery and dd back that copy.

Guest aleksandar069

No, the update.zip will format everything including system and data so that's not the problem. (You never have to format system regardless of what rom you're installing)

Could you point me to the file you have installed?

Can you get into recovery at all now? It may very well be that you installed the wrong ROM and now your bootloader is trashed, if that is the case you're going to need a full backup (a dd of the whole mmcblk0 from another phone that is exactly like yours, same supplier and same operator), use DFU to get it to boot into recovery and dd back that copy.

Yes, i can get into stock recovery (AVEA IN TOUCH 2) and i can flash the stock rom (AVEA IN TOUCH 2), but cant't boot, only stuck on Avea in touch 2 logo. When is stocked on this logo and when i connect it with USB   ...   NOTHING. But i can stiil get access in DFU mode. How i can fix it? Can i follow your steps: 

You'll need a windows box and charged battery for this to work.

1. download http://www.modaco.co...attach_id=89850

2. Unpack it into a location on your PC you'll remember

3. Get your stock firmware for your phone here: http://www.ztedevice...l?type=software

4. Unpack the update.zip into a folder you'll remember

5. open the folder you stored the DFU from step 2 in and start DFU

6. get into DFU mode (i have no idea how that works on this phone but on the Blade 3 you turn the phone off, press and hold vol+, vol- and power) and connect it to your PC

7. on the right hand side, browse for the folder you unpacked the update zip into (the one with recovery.img in it)

8. on the left side, check all the boxes

9. on the lower right corner, click the button on the left

10. if it doesn't restart after it's done pull the battery

Other instructions: http://bbs.hiapk.com...435279-1-1.html

Guest Snap.IT

Yes, i can get into stock recovery (AVEA IN TOUCH 2) and i can flash the stock rom (AVEA IN TOUCH 2), but cant't boot, only stuck on Avea in touch 2 logo. When is stocked on this logo and when i connect it with USB   ...   NOTHING. But i can stiil get access in DFU mode. How i can fix it? Can i follow your steps: 

You'll need a windows box and charged battery for this to work.

1. download http://www.modaco.co...attach_id=89850

2. Unpack it into a location on your PC you'll remember

3. Get your stock firmware for your phone here: http://www.ztedevice...l?type=software

4. Unpack the update.zip into a folder you'll remember

5. open the folder you stored the DFU from step 2 in and start DFU

6. get into DFU mode (i have no idea how that works on this phone but on the Blade 3 you turn the phone off, press and hold vol+, vol- and power) and connect it to your PC

7. on the right hand side, browse for the folder you unpacked the update zip into (the one with recovery.img in it)

8. on the left side, check all the boxes

9. on the lower right corner, click the button on the left

10. if it doesn't restart after it's done pull the battery

Other instructions: http://bbs.hiapk.com...435279-1-1.html

Well, no, what you can do is get the DFU, a proper file to flash CWM and use that to install something you like.

If you want to restore the phone you will have to either upload the update.zip you've been installing or provide a direct link to where you downloaded it from.

There are files missing from the DFU package that you will need to restore CWM, i'll upload them if you need them but note that if you try to flash anything but CWM you will end up with a phone that isn't much use other than a paper weight.

Guest aleksandar069

Well, no, what you can do is get the DFU, a proper file to flash CWM and use that to install something you like.

If you want to restore the phone you will have to either upload the update.zip you've been installing or provide a direct link to where you downloaded it from.

There are files missing from the DFU package that you will need to restore CWM, i'll upload them if you need them but note that if you try to flash anything but CWM you will end up with a phone that isn't much use other than a paper weight.

Ok, but how to install CWM via DFU? Please help me... my fother is going to kill me... 

Guest MJonMoDaCo

And here`s our "recovery expert" in trouble :D

He could do worse... He might have to ask you for help! That'd be something new for you wouldn't it? The more I see you talk the more I see you're not interested in helping people, just putting them down. The solution to that lies a little closer to home, don't you think?

Guest peetu20

He could do worse... He might have to ask you for help! That'd be something new for you wouldn't it? The more I see you talk the more I see you're not interested in helping people, just putting them down. The solution to that lies a little closer to home, don't you think?

Yes, I understand. But I still dont know how can he even get his phone to that stage what is it. Peoples should use brains here, and follow KonstaT guide what is simple as it just can be.

I dont think that we need to make noob users life more difficult than it is.

But yeah, of course everyone can brick his phone, even advanced users.

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Yes, I understand. But I still dont know how can he even get his phone to that stage what is it. Peoples should use brains here, and follow KonstaT guide what is simple as it just can be.

I dont think that we need to make noob users life more difficult than it is.

But yeah, of course everyone can brick his phone, even advanced users.

I appreciate your understanding. I don't mean to be harsh, but you're right - anybody could find themselves in this situation. It just so happens that Snap is well versed on it - possibly because he's been in this situation.

Although...

Ok, but how to install CWM via DFU? Please help me... my fother is going to kill me...

is piling on unhelpful pressure.

@aleksandar069

I sure hope you're trying to understand it yourself with a Google search or three! Just asking for a tutorial from a single person will be hard to understand if you don't know what you're doing anyway. I'm not saying to act upon those searches. I'm saying do it to understand any tutorial you might be given by Snap so trying it out won't seem so foreign. Good luck. I hope your father doesn't go too apesh!t. Although you best get your own phone sometime eh?

Guest Snap.IT

Can you please write a tuttorial?

I'll give you direct instructions but i won't write a tutorial on the subject because i simply don't have the time.

I'm going to ask you to unpack it to c:\DFU, it's unimportant where you actually unpack it but i'm using that path in my instruction.

1. Since you have the drivers installed i'll skip this step.

2. Download and unpack DFU to c:\DFU

3. Start your phone in DFU mode (press and hold vol- and vol+ as you attatch the USB cable)

4. Use the filemanager (explorer) to navigate to c:\DFU and start the executable MAL_DFU_tools.exe

5. On the upper right side, enter c:\DFU\update1

6. On the left side ONLY click the checkbox next to recovery.img MAKE SURE ALL OTHER CHECKBOXES ARE CLEAR

7. On the lower right side there are two buttons, click the one to the left

8. Wait for the process to finish, remove the back cover and the battery, wait a few seconds and insert it again

9. Press and hold vol+ and power until you get to CWM recovery, flash whatever ROM you'd like.

I don't know if this will work since i don't know what you have done with your phone and you refuse to point me to the file you tried to install but the alternative is to get a dd from someone elses phone.

Since people (not talking about anyone in this thread, it was in another thread) can't follow instructions i have removed the DFU.zip, if anyone needs it contact me via PM.

Edited by Snap.IT

Guest aleksandar069

I'll give you direct instructions but i won't write a tutorial on the subject because i simply don't have the time.

I'm going to ask you to unpack it to c:\DFU, it's unimportant where you actually unpack it but i'm using that path in my instruction.

1. Since you have the drivers installed i'll skip this step.

2. Download and unpack DFU to c:\DFU

3. Start your phone in DFU mode (press and hold vol- and vol+ as you attatch the USB cable)

4. Use the filemanager (explorer) to navigate to c:\DFU and start the executable MAL_DFU_tools.exe

5. On the upper right side, enter c:\DFU\update1

6. On the left side ONLY click the checkbox next to recovery.img MAKE SURE ALL OTHER CHECKBOXES ARE CLEAR

7. On the lower right side there are two buttons, click the one to the left

8. Wait for the process to finish, remove the back cover and the battery, wait a few seconds and insert it again

9. Press and hold vol+ and power until you get to CWM recovery, flash whatever ROM you'd like.

I don't know if this will work since i don't know what you have done with your phone and you refuse to point me to the file you tried to install but the alternative is to get a dd from someone elses phone.

Tnx a lott, no words... Thanks... Now i'm flashing the rom and i'm soo happy... :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aleksandar069

Help... Yesterday i upgrade my Windows 7 to 8, now i've stuck my phone like before with the stock recovery, but when i connect my ZTE and turn it on in DFU Mode they only stop on ''wait reset...'msgs.jpg'. What to do now? Are is possible the DFU not compitable with Windows 8?

Guest navuhodonosors

Hmm, half of my stuff was not compatible with win8 so I rolled back to 7 and stayed there, mainly for compatibility problems. You should use Acronis True Image to make recovery backup for your PC OS-es and easy switch between them. For Win7 it takes only 9 gigs of disk space.

Guest aleksandar069

Hmm, half of my stuff was not compatible with win8 so I rolled back to 7 and stayed there, mainly for compatibility problems. You should use Acronis True Image to make recovery backup for your PC OS-es and easy switch between them. For Win7 it takes only 9 gigs of disk space.

Znaci maram da se vratim na 7-micu ?

Guest aleksandar069

Tell me exactly what you did to get the phone into this state.

So, like in the previous comments, but now i've install UK Vergin stock recovery and flash it normally... But the same problem... Can't boot,,, only stuck on the logo. I think the promlem is in my PC becuse yesterday i've install Windows 8 Pro. So the DFU toll only stuck on ''wait reset'' msgs.jpg.

Now what to do. Can i run Windows 7 Live CD in VM Player and try there with DFU tool?