Site Notice - We are currently investigating an issue with missing download links. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. PaulOBrien

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Power button hard to press

4 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Well..i'm sure that i'm not the only G300 owner with this power button press problem..did anyone have a easy fix for this? 

P.S. sorry for my english

Posted · Report post

Well..i'm sure that i'm not the only G300 owner with this power button press problem..did anyone have a easy fix for this? 

P.S. sorry for my english

I think the only way is to take it apart. This is a common problem with G300s.

If you still have warranty (Which you probably will have as it is usually 2 years, so you would have 6 months left if you bought it when it first came out) then contact Huawei and ask for a replacement or a fix.

Posted · Report post

I think the only way is to take it apart. This is a common problem with G300s.

If you still have warranty (Which you probably will have as it is usually 2 years, so you would have 6 months left if you bought it when it first came out) then contact Huawei and ask for a replacement or a fix.

i know it is an common problem :p i don't brought my g300 from store..it's hecon hand , so i can't go and ask for replacement :p anyway..do you know how i can set long press back button to screen off and lock?

Posted · Report post

Here is tutorial how to use all buttons on Icecreamsandwich to wake phone (this means up/down buttons can wake it, not just power button).

This was working flawlessly on Gingerbread by installing Wakeall free app from gplay, but if you updated to 4.xx none of the available 4 apps from gplay works.

Solution lies in keylayout files in system folder. Phone has to be rooted, and you need some editor which can edit with root access (Root explorer for example).

Open system/usr/keylayout folder and find all files with kl extension. The trick is to find and change default mapping in every kl file where volume_up & volume_down buttons appears, to action WAKE. For example, in Generic.kl file there is line:
key 114 VOLUME_DOWN
which should look like this:
key 114 VOLUME_DOWN WAKE

This also apply to other files, because in some of them mapped action is WAKE_DROPPED, which means that wake event will not fire on click.

In file 7k_handset.kl you should add theese two lines, because they do not exist by default there:
key 114 VOLUME_DOWN WAKE
key 115 VOLUME_UP WAKE

After that, you can install Wakeall from gplay, and you have awakening phone on all buttons.

P.S.
Interesting things can be found in this layout mapping files - you can easily change button roles, like home button to have diferrent action ih media player, or to swich up/down buttons to prev/next song instead of volume up/down, or browser default buttons mappings.... play a little :)