Slightly Explodey Charger (not as bad as it sounds)

Guest Rem1x

Just had a bit of a dodgy experience with my hudl charger. Massive flash of light and a big bang followed by scortched prongs and burnt plastic, as I was plugging it in.

Credit to Tesco, they're willing to replace the unit as soon as I get a hold of the receipt. (and getting through to the hudl help line was free and easy, too :))

Guest greyrider

Nice....I'm using my HTC phone charger, seems the Hudl one might be best left in the box. Ought to be a recall if the things are dangerous - imagine if one was left on overnight and it went "off".

Guest glossywhite

Just had a bit of a dodgy experience with my hudl charger. Massive flash of light and a big bang followed by scortched prongs and burnt plastic, as I was plugging it in.

Credit to Tesco, they're willing to replace the unit as soon as I get a hold of the receipt. (and getting through to the hudl help line was free and easy, too :))

They're relieved that you didn't report them as selling an item as being unsafe, I'm sure, but it would be the responsible thing to do to report it - someone could get badly injured from this. I'm glad you're okay.

Here you go - please do this - it matters A LOT to people, especially as there may be children using these:

[email protected]

Edited by glossywhite