• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[PETITION] Android 4.4 KitKat for acer s500

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

... That app is a fail... I need the steps to disable the shell from build.prop (also with afferent things I need to do)

Posted · Report post

Ha, I actually did it by hand. I typed in the mount commands in the terminal, went to the /system folder in Root Browser, found build.prop and opened it with RB Editor (or something like that?), then renamed Acer.Shell.Mode = ENABLED to DISABLED, rebooted and voilá, it worked!

Posted · Report post

Yeah, good to know. I don't really havr enough time now, but I installed rom toolbox and I have an in-built .prop editor... I'm gonna insert the mount lines in terminal emulator and set off the shell from prop.build editor

Posted · Report post

WTF!? Did eventually happen to someone the phone to enter in boot-loop after disabling acershell ? Not even bootloop, it just freezes... Any idea how can I enable acer.shell again ? Maybe from TWRP ?

Posted · Report post

Well, that's exceptional. You were using the stock Acer firmware...?

Posted (edited) · Report post

Well, that's exceptional. You were using the stock Acer firmware...?

Yeah. If I wasn't there would've not been that shell available ...

Don't stress yourself anymore. I flashed a cleaner from Acerblogspot and then I used the terminal emulator and prop.editor inbuilt in rom toolbox. It worked.

Edited by execpwd

Posted · Report post

Ah, that's great

Posted · Report post

Can someone explain how to flash a zip? Like that one cleaner. I never did it and i'd like to know. Thanks!

Posted · Report post

Can someone explain how to flash a zip? Like that one cleaner. I never did it and i'd like to know. Thanks!

acercloudmobile

It's a great site. You may want to translate it, but some parts (the more important ones) are also in English.

Posted · Report post

Pleas make a android 4.4 rom for acer cloud mobile 

Posted · Report post

I am from  Romania   and  i have this phone  

Posted · Report post

Regarding the petition, have you started one? Start one and let's spam de internet with it for signatures. What's the worst it can happen?

Posted · Report post

Regarding the petition, have you started one? Start one and let's spam de internet with it for signatures. What's the worst it can happen?

Acer laughing and pointing at us ? ... Nah , it's useless , you have to know when to give up

Posted · Report post

i already talked a lot of times to Acer but they wont give any data or said that they dont know for any pending updates 

Posted · Report post

i already talked a lot of times to Acer but they wont give any data or said that they dont know for any pending updates 

The truth is there are 'no' pending updates... This phone is going to die with 4.1.2 on it 

Posted · Report post

When i emailed them they told me there won't be an update...this was a few months ago...

Posted · Report post

...see my answer on the other thread...