• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance) CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission) ROMs must give full credit to the original author ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Recommend me a new phone.

3 posts in this topic

I sold my iPhone 4 on Ebay last week so i could buy the new Nexus 5, but after seeing the prices on release date i decided not to bother with it. When i worked out the Nexus 5 prices before setting up the iPhone's auction, i got the leaked price ($349) and converted into pounds which gave me £210 for the 16GB model. When the actual UK prices were announced, i was rather shocked because it was an extra £90 on top of what i expected to pay. I know £300 is still very good value for the new Nexus, but it's out of my budget. 

I need to get a new phone as a replacement for the iPhone, but i am unsure what to buy. I've decided to ask you guys on here for some suggestions. Below i have listed the requirements the new phone needs to meet.

Here is the criteria:

+ Must be under £200. (It can be second-hand, doesn't have to be brand new).

+ Must be rootable. (Some phones can't be rooted).

+ Must have at least a 1.3Ghz processor. (Anything less isn't really going to give me the performance i want. I had an original Nexus 7 tablet, and the speed on that was good; it had a 1.3Ghz Tegra 3).

+ Must have at least 1GB RAM. (The iPhone had 512MB, and i often had crashes while running all my jailbreak tweaks).

+ Must have at least 8MP camera. (5MP iPhone camera was good, but i want more in-depth quality to my pictures).

+ Must have 1080p video recording. (This is a critical point. I need the phone to be able to shoot high resolution video, so i can make movies at car shows which i attend, and upload the videos to my Youtube channel).

+ Must have at least a 4.0" screen. (Something really big like the Galaxy S4 would be good).

Any ideas?

Very happy with my Acer Liquid E2. Motorola Moto G details are out tomorrow, that should meet all of your requirements other than only a 5 mega pixel camera. I think the Acer meets all of your requirements though.