Root your Moto G - option 2: Modified recovery

Guest PaulOBrien

ahac85 and mheman. I getting the same error: "device not found".

How did you fixed? I couldn't understand.

If your on windows 7 go to device manager, you will see something in other devices with no driver installed, just right click on it and go to update driver software, it gives an option to search automatically or to browse on your computer, click on the second option , if you have already installed the motorola usb drivers then go to the bit where it says  "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer" search for motorola and select either composite adb drivers or mot single adb drivers, both will work :)

Guest Camarillo

Sorry in recovery there is a driver problem,   under windows it lists other device where are the drivers MOTOROLA is an .exe file where are these drivers please.

Rooted excellent , how do i get write access i want to remove system apps, i can get root su read only in adb and file explorer

I used titanium backup :rolleyes:

Guest denever1

It should do, please give further details.

P

First i give command 'fastboot-moto-windows flash recovery recovery.testkeys.img' https://www.dropbox.com/s/euw3q78gsrtu04w/IMG_7617.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4rlj6myuudnd9pr/IMG_7616.JPG

and telephone wrote next if i give Recovery and write command 'adb-windows sideload supersu.motog.zip' cmd write device not found. I install all drivers

Edited by denever1

Guest denever1

Check to see if USB debugging is working. You may find the driver needs to be reinstalled.

I test it with my desk pc with windows xp and also on my notebook with windows 7. I install all drivers from motorola website.

If i set Recovery mode and confirm in administrator device i see unknow device XT1032.

If i normal in windows connect mobile over usb cable, pc device see

And driver i reinstall twice.

Edited by denever1

Guest denever1

I test it with my desk pc with windows xp and also on my notebook with windows 7. I install all drivers from motorola website.

If i set Recovery mode and confirm in administrator device i see unknow device XT1032.

If i normal in windows connect mobile over usb cable, pc device see

And driver i reinstall twice.

Next if I remover warning root logo from start mobile, all was ok.

Edited by denever1

'XT1032' will change if you go into Developer options and enable USB debugging. I had the same issue. In the end I did it in Linux. The stock rom seems to have some issues around adb / USB debugging. I notice battery dropping to 2% when enabling and disabling it.

Edited by jlost

Guest denever1

'XT1032' will change if you go into Developer options and enable USB debugging. I had the same issue. In the end I did it in Linux. The stock rom seems to have some issues around adb / USB debugging. I notice battery dropping to 2% when enabling and disabling it.

And where can I change it in Windows xp or w7?

On the phone.

Settings > About and tap the Build version 7 times.

Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging

Edited by jlost

me too mate. USB debugging on or off doesn't get me adb device name. I'm on Tesco 8Gb with unlocked bootloader. Should cmd be run as admin?

Guys I refer to my earlier post, if u read first few posts u wud have been rooted by now lol anyway here's link

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/366804-Root-your-Moto-G---option-2:-Modified-recovery#entry2177853

Guest linspinho

Got my Moto g rooted with alternative, got problems when going to recovery, for some reason when you choose "apply update from SD"  the phone looses  windows driver, so before you hit enter on ADB Paul's command, as ahac85 posted, go to windows device manager, where you find printers etc, you will see the phone with a yellow mark, double click on it and try to find driver detail then look for update button(or similar). what ahac85 forgot to say is in the list of devices you will not find motorola, hit android driver(not samsung) the you will see to possible to use driver, hit any, a.nd then the phone come back. then be happy!!!

Thanks a lot from Brasil!!!

Guest woahnelly

Hi - not having any joy with this and looking to clarify a few things if pos

Are folk installing the standard Moto USB drivers, something else, or nothing?

At what stage should the phone appear under 'other devices'? Tried Win 7, Win 8 and various drivers (or lack of) but at no stage am I seeing the same in dev man as those who have got it working?

Cheers for any help, and great work on such a quick root!