interesting idea , or stupid question ?

Guest tasacar

Guest tasacar

Hello , i was wondering if a rom from galaxy gingerbread can be put on g300. But so it can have full its aps inclouding task manager and everything else, and its look - theeme. I know for S3 theemee but i dont really like how it looks i like old look. Im asking cuz i love the look on it i hade galaxy mini but broke it ..... I think on this phone could go from Samsung galaxy s or idk .

Thank you very much and i mean on something like this.

http://www.jayceooi.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/XWKK2-SGS2_01.jpg

Guest Alkapton

I doubt very much you can have the rom and have your phone working.

For apps like task manager if you can find a place to download it from you can install it.

Make clockwork backup of your phone first so if something goes wrong you can restore phone

Guest tasacar

I doubt very much you can have the rom and have your phone working.

For apps like task manager if you can find a place to download it from you can install it.

Make clockwork backup of your phone first so if something goes wrong you can restore phone

nono , i ment if it can be made to be able on ascend g300 not if it can work just to dl it and put.

Guest tasacar

Anything can be made, but you need to have the knowledge.

Thats why i am asking here someone to guide me :D , cuz i got no knowledge i saw some kitchen roms thing but no for huawei ascend g300 ... and other things for cm mode look a like but couldnt do anything.

Thats why i am asking here someone to guide me :D , cuz i got no knowledge i saw some kitchen roms thing but no for huawei ascend g300 ... and other things for cm mode look a like but couldnt do anything.

Well, all of the system image files are in the framework apk files (framework-res & hwframework). The statusbar images are in the SystemUI apk. You can easily modify these by changing the apk extension to zip, however I would recommend decompiling and recompiling.

Editing these images are simple, you can just use GIMP or drop in existing images from other software e.g Touchwiz. Adding apps and mods are also simple, just make a workspace and extract your chosen base there. Add all the things you want, and then re-zip and flash. Any errors you get can be checked with aLogCat from the market, or 'adb logcat' in terminal/cmd. You must have the android SDK along with the ADB drivers installed.

I would recommend modifying a CyanogenMod ROM if you are very new to the modding world, as they are the easiest to work with. There's no huawei crap to get in the way, and everything decompiles and compiles without issues.