LiquidSmooth 3.2, Unofficial and optimized [updated 2014-09-16]

Guest Mourta

Guest ottomanhero

Been playing with VM settings for a while, I'm currently doing a factory reset and will see if the bug is still there, to see if any user apps are actually causing it.

Remembering about unofficial cm11, it had a lot of RAM free, say 500 mb or something so I'll try to focus on reducing number of cached apps rather than increasing free ram.

I got a feeling it's just about the grouper blobs but I have no idea how it works for you while it doesn't for me.I'll keep you guys updated on my progress.

Guest Mourta

Been playing with VM settings for a while, I'm currently doing a factory reset and will see if the bug is still there, to see if any user apps are actually causing it.

Remembering about unofficial cm11, it had a lot of RAM free, say 500 mb or something so I'll try to focus on reducing number of cached apps rather than increasing free ram.

I got a feeling it's just about the grouper blobs but I have no idea how it works for you while it doesn't for me.I'll keep you guys updated on my progress.

If it had been the grouper blobs then it wouldn't have worked for me either, and it definetly does work without any problems.

Screenshot_2014-07-29-18-14-06.png

Guest ottomanhero

Adam77root commented 

PVZ crash logs give '410 Gone' error so can't be accessed.
The bug is very likely grouper blobs related, another incompatibility.

But yeah, it works for you and that is what I don't understand.I'll continue with my testings though.

Guest Mourta

Adam77root commented

But yeah, it works for you and that is what I don't understand.I'll continue with my testings though.

I rebooted, tested again an it starts fine, I tried starting all Alps I have installed to fill up cache and memory and it still starts just fine.

This is extremely strange. I'm on the ROM I have posted here and the kernel from my kernel thread. I reinstalled both and tried again, still works fine.

Guest khaledabdo

Google search is NOT part of the launcher.

Hi Mourta

Please check attached screenshot .. yes i know that google search and Google Now are Not part of the launcher .. I am talking about the Top search Bar .. it's shown empty as you can see .. 

on the same ROM, I installed Google Now Launcher (google's official) and the bar is displayed and is working fine .. so the issue is not in the ROM nor the GApps, but in the Launcher .. :)

same issue was found in v3.1, and now on v3.2 (official and unofficial) .. 

thank you anyway for your efforts .. :)

post-1045084-0-22446200-1406698555_thumb

Edited by khaledabdo

Guest Mourta

Hi Mourta

Please check attached screenshot .. yes i know that google search and Google Now are Not part of the launcher .. I am talking about the Top search Bar .. it's shown empty as you can see ..

on the same ROM, I installed Google Now Launcher (google's official) and the bar is displayed and is working fine .. so the issue is not in the ROM nor the GApps, but in the Launcher .. :)

same issue was found in v3.1, and now on v3.2 (official and unofficial) ..

thank you anyway for your efforts .. :)

Ah, I get it.

To resolve it use the Google search widget instead, it's the same widget that is included in the Google launcher.

Guest ottomanhero

I seem to be unable to fix the problem in my nandroid backup.However, I reinstalled everything, same setup and all from 0.Real racing 3 works just fine.Guess it's just a rare bug caused by something on my end which I couldn't figure out yet, seeing you can run the game completly fine and also that it happened for 2 or 3 people so far, I guess it's not that much of an important bug.

If it happens again however, I'll not let go of it until I figure out the problem.But for now I don't have that bug.

Guest Mourta

I seem to be unable to fix the problem in my nandroid backup.However, I reinstalled everything, same setup and all from 0.Real racing 3 works just fine.Guess it's just a rare bug caused by something on my end which I couldn't figure out yet, seeing you can run the game completly fine and also that it happened for 2 or 3 people so far, I guess it's not that much of an important bug.

If it happens again however, I'll not let go of it until I figure out the problem.But for now I don't have that bug.

Do that, it'd be nice to know what caused it. :)

Guest TheSonic

Hello,

Your additions to the ROM are great performance/battery actually I got 20% More battery time compared to stock LS kernel, I got the following Issues:
- Whenever I play a music track DSP manager Stops

- When someone is calling the full screen caller UI is corrupted as in the attached screenshot, You will find that half of the caller image is black

I flashed ROM/Kernel you provided

post-1045288-0-31970900-1406802897_thumb

Edited by TheSonic

Guest Mourta

Hello,

Your additions to the ROM are great performance/battery actually I got 20% More battery time compared to stock LS kernel, I got the following Issues:

- When someone is calling the full screen caller UI is corrupted as in the attached screenshot, You will find that half of the caller image is black

I'm testing a new version as we speak, DSP is removed and replaced with Viper4AndroidFX. Can't comment on the call screen bug in the new one, but i'll check it out and let you know.

Guest khaledabdo

Thanks a lot buddy for your time, I am wating for your awesome updates

That's not a bug, you can change that by 

Hello,

that's not a bug .. that's a configuration .. :)

Open your dialer, select settings ... scroll down to [Glowpad Transparency] and check that box .. ;)

Guest ottomanhero

I'm testing a new version as we speak, DSP is removed and replaced with Viper4AndroidFX. Can't comment on the call screen bug in the new one, but i'll check it out and let you know.

Oh, can you please keep DSP manager? Viper4Android uses a lot of CPU, depending on what effects you choose.I just boost bass, reduce treble via equalizer and that's usually enough to make a speaker sound better.DSP manager almost uses no CPU at all.

I bet it's removed only cause DSP would crash when used together with viper4android

Edited by ottomanhero

Guest Stephan Binder

I really waited for this ROM!

But for my set of apps I must say, that this ROM + kernel doesn't work as a daily driver. I have massive lags and/or hangs, wake-issues and fc's...

Of course I did a full wipe when switching from cm11 to ls

LS. No restoration, did set up every app fresh.

I wait for the next release and hope that it works better for me.

Edited by Stephan Binder

Guest justchris20

But for my set of apps I must say, that this ROM + kernel doesn't work as a daily driver. I have massive lags and/or hangs, wake-issues and fc's...

Did you flash the right gapps?

Guest Mourta

From my OP:

If something doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Guest Mourta

:-)

could not imagine what, but I will try out with later versions of kernel and rom.

New kernel is up, removed Demetris additions and made it better in an instant.

Guest ottomanhero

I had my phone waken up by wakelocks for 10% of the time, until I turned google location services off and also blocked some google services wakelocks via wakelock blocker.

Now it's less than 1%

Still, had no massive lags/hangs, it must be an app causing this like mentioned above.