• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[TWEAK] Improve screen looking without efforts

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi! This is my first Topic in MoDaCo, I hope this helps you!
Ok, let me introduce the topic.
After installing a custom rom in my Huawei Y300, I've accidentally discovered that we can change our device's screen DPI (dots per inch).
From stock our phones come with different DPI values (120, 160, 240). This values usually make our screen fonts or lines look blurry. Thats because our android DPI settings doesn't match our device's PPI (Pixels per inch). So, now I'm going to show you a way to improve the way fonts and lines look in our device.  ;)
1st) As we are changing core system settings, we need to have our device with ROOT access. The best way to do this is by installing Framarrot app. http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/framaroot/root-framaroot-one-click-apk-to-root-t2130276
2nd) Now that we have ROOT access to our device, we can proceed to start the DPI change proccess. Wipe your "Play Store" app data (app data and cache). This is necessary 'cause sometimes we can have some troubles with this apps. If you want and have the patience you can repeat this with every app.
3rd) The time has come. Search in your "Play Store" for "DPI changer" and install that app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.theSushi.dpichanger
4th) Before putting your hands on the app, we need to check our phone's PPI. To get an accurate value, I suggest you search for your device in this site, GSMARENA.

post-1045167-0-31874900-1406733812.gif post-1045167-0-59325500-1406733803_thumb

5th) Now that we know our device's PPI. We can head to "DPI Changer". Before changing any value I suggest you backup your previous settings. From the drop-down menu, select "Backup build.prop". Tap "Go" to Back it up.

6th) Write your device's PPI in the "New DPI value". Select from the drop-down menu "Apply new DPI value" and tap "Go" to set the new DPI value.

7th) Now we need to shut down our device and turn it on again to apply this changes.
That's it! I hope you notice the change and you will get a slight performance boost.

Edited by Facu8990

Posted (edited)

Thanks XD

Can you post this here http://www.modaco.com/forum/736-huawei-ascend-g510-orange-daytona-y300/

You can also add the manually metod by editing build.prop ro.sf.lcd_density=240 to ro.sf.lcd_density=233

Edited by luca020400