battery problems

Guest oslash

i recently got a new chinese gaming tablet, the specs are
RK3028 chipset (cpu: 1GHz dual core + mali 400 GPU)
512 RAM DDR3
2500 mAh lithium battery

it works great but the battery lasts for no more than 3 hours

when i connect the device via usb it has the charging icon but the battery doesnt charge in fact, the battery goes down slowly if i use the device while charging

when i check the running apps theres only the system UI and the android keyboard running yet still is using 400 MB RAM, nothing intereresting on the process either, not even my phone with all the phone functions and the social apps uses that much

something must be draining the battery really bad, there is a way to check what is it?

Guest maniac_mouse

Most tablets will drain whilst being used and charged via usb at the same time. Usb only puts out 500ma (unless you have one of those fancy high powered ones some desktops have now) which isnt enough to power the screen and top up the tablets charge at the same time.  Both my Kindle fire hd and samsung galaxy tab 3 loose power if used whilst plugged into a usb port.

I would recommend using a more powerful (1.5-2 amps output) usb mains power adapter to charge, rather than your computers usb.  It will charge much faster as well.  I dont know where you live, but in the uk tescos (a supermarket chain) sell adaptors for about £4 or just use your phones charger if its compatible and puts out a decent amperage.

On the 3 hour battery life, how big is the screen on your tablet? 3 hours playing games on a big screen isnt that unusual, but obviously if it drains whilst its just sitting there doing nothing then theres something else going on.

checking the apps i found 3 suspicious ones, these have all permissons, could these have something to do with this? is it safe to remove them with titanium backup?

(for the permissons it goes longer)

post-1031602-0-00276900-1413678666_thumb

post-1031602-0-52544300-1413678667_thumb

post-1031602-0-80947400-1413678668_thumb

post-1031602-0-19670900-1413678670_thumb

Edited by oslash

Guest maniac_mouse

Sorry, I have no idea what those apps are.  Armfreqtest and stresstest sound like some sort of cpu utilitys, but like the Chinese one, they could be anything.

Can you disable or uninstall them via the Android ui rather than titanium? I presume  inhabilitar means uninstall?

If you have a custom recovery and have a full backup of your rom, you could try removing them (after using titanium to back the 3 files up individually just in case), the worst that will happen is you will get a bootloop and have to reflash the rom.

Sorry I cant be of more help, maybe someone else here can assist you?

Edited by maniac_mouse

• 5 weeks later...