[DEV][ROM][29.3.] CyanogenMod 12 (Android 5.0.2) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Hi,

Can someone help me? I want to port this rom to other msm8610 device, MITO A310. I've been porting the kernel, but I can't read or mount the storage (internal/External). And i've got serious problem about hwcomposer, gralloc, surfaceflinger and media. This is my logcat. 

attachicon.giflogcat.txt

Please help me.

Thanks.

Do you have kernel source for your device? What stock Android version does your device have?

IMO it's always better do the port properly and build from the source. You won't get very far with winzip anyway.

If you don't have a kernel source and you're stuck with old stock firmware (e.g. Jelly Bean) you're likely reaching too far with Lollipop. If your device has stock KitKat but not kernel source, you could probably hack together a CM11 using stock kernel, display HALs, and display drivers extracted from the stock ROM. If there's a mismatch in the previous, that's what causes problems.

Storage configuration must be adapted for your device. Check your stock fstab and read the documentation.

Guest Azis Naufal

Do you have kernel source for your device? What stock Android version does your device have?

IMO it's always better do the port properly and build from the source. You won't get very far with winzip anyway.

If you don't have a kernel source and you're stuck with old stock firmware (e.g. Jelly Bean) you're likely reaching too far with Lollipop. If your device has stock KitKat but not kernel source, you could probably hack together a CM11 using stock kernel, display HALs, and display drivers extracted from the stock ROM. If there's a mismatch in the previous, that's what causes problems.

Storage configuration must be adapted for your device. Check your stock fstab and read the documentation.

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have any kernel source.

My device is upgraded to kitkat, and i've been ported CM11 from another msm8610 device. And I won't compiling from source, I don't have fast internet, fast 64-Bit Processor, and many other requirements.

So, which file must i replace from cm11 to cm12?

(sorry for my eng)

Thanks

edit: I really confused, the rom still not mounting the storage. this is my stock fstab 

fstab.qcom.txt

edit: new logcat

logcat.txt

Edited by Azis Naufal

Guest KonstaT

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

I don't have any kernel source.

My device is upgraded to kitkat, and i've been ported CM11 from another msm8610 device. And I won't compiling from source, I don't have fast internet, fast 64-Bit Processor, and many other requirements.

So, which file must i replace from cm11 to cm12?

(sorry for my eng)

Thanks

edit: I really confused, the rom still not mounting the storage. this is my stock fstab 

attachicon.giffstab.qcom.txt

edit: new logcat

attachicon.giflogcat.txt

Ask your device manufacturer to release the kernel source. Linux kernel is released under GPLv2 licence and they're legally obligated to provide it.

Your device has 'physical primary, physical secondary' storage configuration. This ROM only support primary external sdcard (physical) so you need to edit either your ramdisk or the storage_list.xml inside framework-res.apk of this ROM. Everything is still configured exactly like it says in the documentation.

I don't do winzip ports so I wouldn't even know which exact files you'd need to replace or even if such port can be achieved anyway. It would be terribly hacked together nevertheless. This discussion is not something that belongs to this thread anyway.

Guest Azis Naufal

Ask your device manufacturer to release the kernel source. Linux kernel is released under GPLv2 licence and they're legally obligated to provide it.

Your device has 'physical primary, physical secondary' storage configuration. This ROM only support primary external sdcard (physical) so you need to edit either your ramdisk or the storage_list.xml inside framework-res.apk of this ROM. Everything is still configured exactly like it says in the documentation.

I don't do winzip ports so I wouldn't even know which exact files you'd need to replace or even if such port can be achieved anyway. It would be terribly hacked together nevertheless. This discussion is not something that belongs to this thread anyway.

Ok thanks for your help.

Guest KonstaT

pleasee Fix Dual GSM for ZTE V811W :(

I don't have a dual-SIM device (V811W). There is nothing I can do about this without having a device to test with.

Guest KonstaT

how would I do that?

You're a little late with that. ;) SELinux enforcing has been enabled in the last couple of builds already.

No one has complained about proximity/als being broken, so... There still might be some calibration file it writes to /data partition that now gets denied (copy of /data/misc/audit/audit.log after a clean install would show that).

Guest Peterling123

Hi KonstaT

Thanks for this nice CM11. Took me quite a while to get it on my Open C but finally I succeeded. (with your help!) I was a complete noob before - now I am newbie :D.

Some things I do not understand. Maybe you could make clear:

a) Is the CM 12 recommendes for my device (daily use) - Or do I better keep my CM11?

b) If I become a member - what are those "benefits/software"?

c) How are the chances to get security fixes? (via an update function - which I have not found yet) - I need a secure device. ^^

I have to leave for a moment now but I promis to donate too. I think thats more than fair. Keep on this great work!!! 

Guest KonstaT

Hi KonstaT

Thanks for this nice CM11. Took me quite a while to get it on my Open C but finally I succeeded. (with your help!) I was a complete noob before - now I am newbie :D.

Some things I do not understand. Maybe you could make clear:

a) Is the CM 12 recommendes for my device (daily use) - Or do I better keep my CM11?

B) If I become a member - what are those "benefits/software"?

c) How are the chances to get security fixes? (via an update function - which I have not found yet) - I need a secure device. ^^

I have to leave for a moment now but I promis to donate too. I think thats more than fair. Keep on this great work!!! 

Hmm, this is CM12 thread you're writing. ;)

a) I honestly can't answer that. It depends on what you want. CM11 isn't actively developed anymore and it's likely already reached the final build. Same thing is going to happen to CM12 soon as development efforts move towards CM12.1. CM12.1 has the latest and greatest Android version (5.1) and it pretty much fixed everything that was wrong with Android 5.0 in general.
b ) Become a member of what? :o I don't understand what you're asking.
c) You would update by downloading a new build (if/when available) and flashing it in the recovery. There is no OTA updates as this not officially supported CyanogenMod device.

Also your nickname could cause confusion to some members. May I suggest you change it to something else. ;)

Hi, KonstaT! Thank you very much for your work! You are the best! Everything works great! i'm happy!

One small problem:  "google maps" and "google" does not want to work with these gapps-lp-20141228-core-signed.zip. Can you help me? Thank you anyway!

Edited by qiib

Guest Peterling123

< Hmm, this is CM12 thread you're writing. ;)

Heheheeh I had to make a choice. And 12 seems to be better. :)

<a) I honestly can't answer that. It depends on what you want. CM11 isn't actively developed anymore and it's likely already reached the final build. Same thing is going to happen to CM12 soon as development efforts move towards CM12.1. CM12.1 <has the latest and greatest Android version (5.1) and it pretty much fixed everything that was wrong with Android 5.0 in general.

Ok - so I will have a try with 12 in some time ahead

< b ) Become a member of what? :o I don't understand what you're asking.

Ok - Thats a little bit confusing. When you open up an account you see this:

Select any packages you would like to purchase. You will be directed to the payment screen once your account has been created and you have logged in.

You do not have to purchase a package to complete registration.

•   MoDaCo Gold (Benefits + Ad Free + Online Kitchens) - £29.99 (Renewal: £29.99 Annually)

'MoDaCo Gold' is the ultimate MoDaCo experience. A completely ad free site coupled with an exclusive MoDaCo Gold members area featuring free software, discounts and a whole lot more for 1 year! This subscription also gives you access to the MoDaCo online kitchens.

•   MoDaCo Silver (Ad Free + Online Kitchens) - £9.99 (Renewal: £9.99 Annually)

MoDaCo Silver brings you MoDaCo free of ads! This subscription also gives you access to the MoDaCo online kitchens.

Ok - it was my fault to think that you are the one receiving parts/all of this money and/or making these offers. It was just luck that I noticed that I can open an account without actually ticking one of those.  (Maybe they could have printed them in bold ^^)

<c) You would update by downloading a new build (if/when available) and flashing it in the recovery. There is no OTA updates as this not officially supported CyanogenMod device.

Ok. One reason more to go with 12.

But I will loose all my settings/Software changes/Documents if I upgrade? I will have to make a backup of all my things and restore them somehow? (Emails, Documents, Ringtones, Wallpapers, Installed Software, ....) Because I had some problems transfering some things from Android to CM. (Especially this stupid Notepad of Android with all my little documents in it - and some other things)

<Also your nickname could cause confusion to some members. May I suggest you change it to something else. ;)

I just asked the admin to change it. (I did not want to offend / confuse anyone - Sorry4that => Peterling123) I wanted to delete my profile now and create another one but this seems to be impossible. I hope the admin will soon do that. 

But just another important last thing: Is this "donate" on the right side yours? Because I do not really want to donate to someone else :D

Edited by KonstaT4Pres

Guest KonstaT
Ok - Thats a little bit confusing. When you open up an account you see this:
Ok - it was my fault to think that you are the one receiving parts/all of this money and/or making these offers. It was just luck that I noticed that I can open an account without actually ticking one of those.  (Maybe they could have printed them in bold ^^)

Yeah, I've heard people getting confused with that before. You should give feedback to MoDaCo/Paul O'Brien - I have nothing to do with this. I'm not in any way affiliated with MoDaCo and I'm not receiving any income/money or any other benefits from MoDaCo. I'm just a MoDaCo user like everyone else. ;)

But I will loose all my settings/Software changes/Documents if I upgrade? I will have to make a backup of all my things and restore them somehow? (Emails, Documents, Ringtones, Wallpapers, Installed Software, ....) Because I had some problems transfering some things from Android to CM. (Especially this stupid Notepad of Android with all my little documents in it - and some other things)

Files on your sdcard will of course stay intact. Same thing with information synced from cloud (emails, contacts, etc). There's apps to backup/restore your personal apps and data (e.g. Titanium Backup). Just make sure you're not using it to restore any data for system apps.

I just asked the admin to change it. (I did not want to offend / confuse anyone - Sorry4that => Peterling123) I wanted to delete my profile now and create another one but this seems to be impossible. I hope the admin will soon do that.

I'm quite sure you could somehow change your nickname by yourself at least at some point. I see it's already been changed so I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

But just another important last thing: Is this "donate" on the right side yours? Because I do not really want to donate to someone else :D

Yes, the donate button in my signature is mine. Usually it's enough if you just hit the '+1/thanks' button on my posts (the one that's right above the donate button). ;)

Guest KonstaT

Hi, KonstaT! Thank you very much for your work! You are the best! Everything works great! i'm happy!

One small problem:  "google maps" and "google" does not want to work with these gapps-lp-20141228-core-signed.zip. Can you help me? Thank you anyway!

Well, for starters, don't use those gapps. That package is outdated and also caused a strange issue with overall system performance. Never had issues with Maps or Google search though. pa_gapps-modular-pico-5.0.1-20150315-signed.zip is what I used to use myself and what I would recommend using.

Guest Filip9610

A very strange thing happens in CM12 as well as in CM12.1 when i try to install Facebook. When it finishes downloading the system just freezes and the phone restarts. And when it boots up the app is gone. Any idea why this is happening ?

Guest KonstaT

A very strange thing happens in CM12 as well as in CM12.1 when i try to install Facebook. When it finishes downloading the system just freezes and the phone restarts. And when it boots up the app is gone. Any idea why this is happening ?

Tried installing Facebook on CM12.1 last night and it worked just fine. It took quite a long time to finish though and dexing the app seemed to be resource hungry as I was following it in the logs.

So possibly an issue with memory. Also make sure that you have enough space left on your /data partition. We'd know for sure if you posted a logcat...

Well, for starters, don't use those gapps. That package is outdated and also caused a strange issue with overall system performance. Never had issues with Maps or Google search though. pa_gapps-modular-pico-5.0.1-20150315-signed.zip is what I used to use myself and what I would recommend using.

Thank you for the response! I was wrong forum thread. continue on CM12.1... :blush:

Guest KonstaT

i have a question :) can this rom work on ZTE Blade L2 too? or not?

No, of course not. Completely different device with completely different hardware (Qualcomm vs. MediaTek).

Guest KonstaT

Thx konstant. Now everything seems to be fine. Two weeks without any freeze!

And on which ROM is that? This one (CM12) or the CAF + stock kernel combo?

Guest firecm

ART cache in Lollipop is about twice as big as to what dalvik cache was in KitKat.

/cache partition is not supposed to be used for anything besides recoveries write logs there. I think stock OTA updates would be stored there (if there ever was one :P).

What gapps are you using? I haven't noticed any lags after switching to PA pico gapps package. There was a strange performance issue with my previous package. After ROM and gapps, I have ~690mb available in my /data partition which should be enough for quite a few apps. You could remove some system apps that you don't need from the ROM before flashing it and there's not much point in flashing the biggest possible gapps package with all the Google apps you don't need or can download from the Play Store.

If you have an Open C, you could use a Windows flasher to update to Android and change your partition layout to Kis 3 style and have almost twice as big /data partition (~1gb vs. ~1.9gb).

thank you for your answer, I'm not using gapps at all. I'm using 53 other apps, so I have to have more disk space available. How do I change the partition layout to Kis 3 style? Btw. does the 12.1 lags less?

Guest KonstaT

thank you for your answer, I'm not using gapps at all. I'm using 53 other apps, so I have to have more disk space available. How do I change the partition layout to Kis 3 style? Btw. does the 12.1 lags less?

CM12.1 feels overall much snappier but it's otherwise still early in the making.

You can change partition layout by flashing an Android firmware with a Windows flasher.

http://en.comebuy.com/developer-firefox-os-open-c.html