[DEV][ROM][29.3.] CyanogenMod 12 (Android 5.0.2) for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest TractorX

My only concern about this, is the lack of space on device. I installed the minimum package of Gapps and I still have only 200 MB left for the apps, which run out with 10 apps installed.

Is there something we can do about here?

NVM Looks like something happened during installation. I wiped everything fresh again and installed. Now I have 750 MB free space but it still runs out very quicky.

Edited by TractorX

Guest KonstaT

My only concern about this, is the lack of space on device. I installed the minimum package of Gapps and I still have only 200 MB left for the apps, which run out with 10 apps installed.

Is there something we can do about here?

NVM Looks like something happened during installation. I wiped everything fresh again and installed. Now I have 750 MB free space but it still runs out very quicky.

Yeah, ART cache takes roughly about a twice as much of space as dalvik did. This could be a problem on Open C which has a quite small /data partition (~1gb) - on Kis 3 partition layout not so critical (~2gb /data). You could always convert your Open C into a Kis 3 using the Windows flasher (see stock ROMs thread). It will also change the partition table and you'll have about a gig larger /data partition after that.

I have the ROM, my trimmed gapps package, about twenty apps listed under downloaded tab, and I still have 250mb free on /data partition. Doesn't seem to be much of a problem for me at least as this is not my main device.

Guest TractorX

Yeah, ART cache takes roughly about a twice as much of space as dalvik did. This could be a problem on Open C which has a quite small /data partition (~1gb) - on Kis 3 partition layout not so critical (~2gb /data). You could always convert your Open C into a Kis 3 using the Windows flasher (see stock ROMs thread). It will also change the partition table and you'll have about a gig larger /data partition after that.

I have the ROM, my trimmed gapps package, about twenty apps listed under downloaded tab, and I still have 250mb free on /data partition. Doesn't seem to be much of a problem for me at least as this is not my main device.

Thanks for pointing that out. I will flash to kis3 when I'm in the mood.

Still CM12 is in very early stages. The latest GIT build just doesn't work for me after I reboot for first time (freezes and tells me that system is not responding).

Reverting back to CM11 for now.

Guest KonstaT

Thanks for pointing that out. I will flash to kis3 when I'm in the mood.

Still CM12 is in very early stages. The latest GIT build just doesn't work for me after I reboot for first time (freezes and tells me that system is not responding).

Reverting back to CM11 for now.

What GIT build? You mean you built one yourself?

There's still quite a few local patches I use and even my device sources are not fully ready for that. It's mostly SELinux related work at this point and meanwhile you should put it in permissive mode (basically revert this).

Guest johnyrocks2014

I have installed it in another zte open c, cm11 for my mom and cm12 for my dad and it's working great.

One thing, does this rom also requires an external sdcard to work(as cm11)? I could just take out the sdcard and see if I get errors but I'm too lazy :)

Guest KonstaT

I have installed it in another zte open c, cm11 for my mom and cm12 for my dad and it's working great.

One thing, does this rom also requires an external sdcard to work(as cm11)? I could just take out the sdcard and see if I get errors but I'm too lazy :)

Yes, you'll need an external sdcard.

Guest TractorX

What GIT build? You mean you built one yourself?

There's still quite a few local patches I use and even my device sources are not fully ready for that. It's mostly SELinux related work at this point and meanwhile you should put it in permissive mode (basically revert this).

Yeah. I built one myself. Didn't know that about SELinux. Should I rebuild with that option and test? I also suspect that this might be related to the fact that I used a minimal gapps package (GApps Minimal X+) that removes some core apps.

Edited by TractorX

Guest KonstaT

Yeah. I built one myself. Didn't know that about SELinux. Should I rebuild with that option and test? I also suspect that this might be related to the fact that I used a minimal gapps package (GApps Minimal X+) that removes some core apps.

Rebuilding the boot image ('mka bootimage') should be enough after that. There's still quite a lot of denials with SELinux enforced, it should boot though.

Guest johnyrocks2014

So yesterday I was able to use it just fine but now I keep getting "Unfortunately, System UI has stopped.", I tried wiping cache and ultimately flashed the rom again but now the error is there the first time the phone boots into the UI which yesterday it didn't. I'm not able to do anything because the UI keeps crashing.

Yesterday all I did was flash gapps after flashing the rom and enable Developer Options to enable the cursor on press but thats it. Not sure what happen, I might flash cm11 instead and see if I get a similar error.

Guest TractorX

Rebuilding the boot image ('mka bootimage') should be enough after that. There's still quite a lot of denials with SELinux enforced, it should boot though.

Thanks. That did the trick. Now the phone appears to be running normally and survives the reboots.

Could you please suggest what original KK Rom should I flash to get a 2 gb data partition? I have a European zte open c initially flashed with ffos and then with android from comebuy.

Guest KonstaT

Thanks. That did the trick. Now the phone appears to be running normally and survives the reboots.

Could you please suggest what original KK Rom should I flash to get a 2 gb data partition? I have a European zte open c initially flashed with ffos and then with android from comebuy.

Only a Windows flasher can change the partition table. Flashing a ZTE Kis 3 KitKat update.zip won't do it. It's always a bit more risky than flashing zips in recovery and it's not something that I'd exactly recommend (I'm never going to use it myself ;)).

Guest TractorX

Only a Windows flasher can change the partition table. Just flashing a ZTE Kis 3 KitKat update.zip won't do it. It's always a bit more risky than flashing zips in recovery and it's not something that I'd exactly recommend.

Well, if you don't recommend, I'm not gonna do it. 150 mb of free space should be enough for some random apps.

Thanks again for your hard work.

Edited by TractorX

Guest KonstaT

http://www.modaco.com/topic/373101-zte-kis-3-zte-open-c-stock-roms/

???: (Generic - Flash tool firmware)

ro.build.display.id=ZTE_KIS_III_V1.0
ro.build.inner.version=GEN_EU_P821E10V1.0.0B06
ro.build.version.release=4.4.2
ro.build.date=Wed Mar 26 18:40:30 CST 2014
ro.product.model=ZTE Kis 3
ro.product.brand=ZTE
ro.product.name=ZTE-P821E10
ro.product.device=ZTE-P821E10

Guest andy1971

Thanks ive downloaded and installed over 4.4kitkat as per instructions

i will run it on a day to day and keep you posted on any buigs errors i find.  as my phone isnt vital fo survival i dont mind.

so far soo good just got onto 5.02 will setup phone and update

Edited by andy1971

Guest hecatae

Well, you have ported firefox os 2.0 on zte open C, android 5, really thanks but when Ubuntu Touch? xD

hi testing001, konstat has not ported, he has built ffos 2.0 and android kitkat and lollipop for the zte open c.

all of his work is available on github, if you wish to discuss Ubuntu Touch or Sailfish OS, please open up a new thread.

Guest KonstaT

Did anyone get a change to test the latest build on a dual-SIM device (V881W)? Make sure you've manually enabled the system property to enable dual-SIM features. I still have few ideas left in case it's not currently working. I'd like to have a confirmation about the current status before releasing another build.

Guest niedjar

my v811w its work to enable dual sim...but im lost imei how to fix to write imei...sory my bad english

Edited by niedjar

Guest skynetdev

my v811w its work to enable dual sim...but im lost imei how to fix to write imei...sory my bad english

I have same problem, can somebody give a link to instruction how to restore IMEI for MTK 

Or tell me please where is this folder data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/  I can't find folder "nvram" in "data"

I use application  "Root Explorer"  with root access

Edited by skynetdev

Guest KonstaT

Actually dual-SIM is known not to work and I doubt it will be in a while.

What exactly did you do to lose your IMEI?

I have same problem, can somebody give a link to instruction how to restore IMEI for MTK 

Or tell me please where is this folder data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/  I can't find folder "nvram" in "data"

I use application  "Root Explorer"  with root access

Same question, what exactly did you do to lose your IMEI?

This is a Qualcomm device. You can't use any MediaTek tools/methods here.