Slimkat 4.4.4 with 1300MHz overclock

Guest wbrambley

Guest wbrambley

Hi all, this is a quick port of Chil360's Slimkat rom using Dazzozo's device tree.
Whats working: everything that works on Dazzozo's CM11
Whats not working: same. i.e. still white boxes in stock browser and zoomed images in GMail, WiFi AP not seen by other devices etc.
Whats better: Overclock and more free space in /system (138Mb)

Anything else, let me know but updates(if any) will be few and far between.
Kernel will boot at 1008MHz, use Performance Control  or NoFrillsCPU to set frequency.

Credits: Dazzozo for bringing wonderful stuff to G300 then G510/Y300. (wish him all the best for his future endeavours)
Chil360 for the initial port of SlimKat to G510/Y300 and his impressive kernel work.

Download:https://mega.nz/#!rVRzxazB!AlcOMAkbeGCd2QcPmm4dqVOiW5kFZ6S2-CZfoJEXlmM

30/01/16 Updated to Slimkat 9.1 (legacy build)

Download: https://mega.nz/#!eYhkQC7S!-zt27KkAJ-Dq_UWW5bGR-a3-SCxBgnrU-98R3Al-46E

Note: Im playing around with the wifi driver, hope to fix wifiap and maybe implement monitor mode so there may be another update soon(in the next year! :) )

Screenshots:

post-1007603-0-71594500-1426142564_thumbpost-1007603-0-87529000-1426142568_thumbpost-1007603-0-82613900-1426142573_thumbpost-1007603-0-42958100-1426142578_thumbpost-1007603-0-10253000-1426142583_thumbpost-1007603-0-12410400-1426143320_thumbpost-1007603-0-49313600-1426143326_thumb

Edited by wbrambley
New download link

Guest Namaru

Wow! Thanks a lot for this new ROM. I'll try it out as soon as I have some time.

How about battery life? Is there any improvement in performance compared to CM11? Screenshots?

Guest wbrambley

Wow! Thanks a lot for this new ROM. I'll try it out as soon as I have some time.

How about battery life? Is there any improvement in performance compared to CM11? Screenshots?

I will add some screenies after work tonight, performance should be slightly better, maybe battery too but that one is hard to tell as I haven't used CM11 for a while.

Guest wbrambley

and you can port also cm12 from y300 to g300? i really want to try lollipop

Not in it's current state. The dual core G510 is struggling with it.

Guest wbrambley

Can I flash this over my cm11?

I have not tried that but I think it would be best not to.

Make a full backup in recovery, you can always return to it.

Guest wbrambley

Updated rom available

Modified kernel to boot at stock 1008 then user select up to 1300 MHz (will be safe to flash over previous install and boot for anyone)

Added some build.prop tweaks.

Guest celrau

This is an excellent rom, thanks for providing it, I use it since yesterday and it's a pleasure. There was another Slim rom JB based I guess which was also very good but from what I remember I gave it up because it had a tendency to slow down in time. The only improvement I can think of for this rom is better battery consumption.

Edited by celrau

Guest presleyenrica

I have not tried that but I think it would be best not to.

Make a full backup in recovery, you can always return to it.

OK thanks, when i will have some free time i try this ROM...

Guest DarkBandit2258

omg huawei g300 is still alive!! Nice but i dont have more g300. Now i have huawei g6

Edited by DarkBandit2258

Guest qwertyui12

Hi, wbrambley it looks like you are the only developer that still works for the g300. Cm12 looks very difficult for g300 but it qould be nice if you could backport from y300 the display—caf, instead of display—legacy. As far as I know the code is done in a chil360 slimkat branch and it solves the white boxes problems.

Anyway, Thanks for keeping g300 alive!

Guest wbrambley

Hi, wbrambley it looks like you are the only developer that still works for the g300. Cm12 looks very difficult for g300 but it qould be nice if you could backport from y300 the display—caf, instead of display—legacy. As far as I know the code is done in a chil360 slimkat branch and it solves the white boxes problems.

Anyway, Thanks for keeping g300 alive!

It may be possible, don't know. I am doing another build for y300 sometime soon so I might try this also.

Guest mastergoks

there are bugs in this rom.

When i installed it it worked fine. 
But when i reboot my wallpaper always change to default slim one. and i can not turn on wifi. wifi worked fine. Now i just cant make it to work..

But great work.. this is very promising rom. i wish you will be able to fix it

Guest wbrambley

there are bugs in this rom.

When i installed it it worked fine.

But when i reboot my wallpaper always change to default slim one. and i can not turn on wifi. wifi worked fine. Now i just cant make it to work..

But great work.. this is very promising rom. i wish you will be able to fix it

I'm just out of hospital and resting up for week or so, I might be able to look at these bugs. Are you able to do a logcat at least of attempting to turn on WiFi? Does the problem persist after a reboot?

As for the wallpaper, is it on your SD card?

Edit: Also if it is on the SD card did you swap internal for external SD in storage settings?

Edited by wbrambley