New Hudl 2 update June 22nd

Guest Ouzy

Guest vampirefo

Is there a proper changelog for this update or is anyone able to notice/report on any differences?

I just wonder if it's worth bothering to update?

Unless the update is to lollipop, why bother?

Guest decpvr

One thing it does is fix is the clock bug, tried but can.t break the clock now.

I wasn't aware of this bug. What happens when the clock breaks?

Guest Jabbitt

Since the update I can charge the Hudl2 with it powered on. Before it wouldn't charge and stay at whatever percentage it was when you plugged it in, so I could only charge it when it was turned off. It now charges as normal.

Guest decpvr

Since the update I can charge the Hudl2 with it powered on. Before it wouldn't charge and stay at whatever percentage it was when you plugged it in, so I could only charge it when it was turned off. It now charges as normal.

Well that sounds like a useful update then. I haven't come across this issue so far but I know it seems to be fairly widespread from reading forums.

Displays incorrect time I believe, a number of people have had this issue.

Hmm, haven't noticed it myself but I may have just not paid attention to the clock!

Guest r00tmydevices

I've noticed that also on two recently acquired hudl 2 units, charging works even whilst the device is being used. My thoughts were that Tesco may have made a change, software or hardware I'm not sure, as my first unit purchased end of last definitely would not charge whilst being used.

Glad it works now similar to most other tablets in this regard.

Guest r00tmydevices

Think I only noticed the clock problem once on my first unit. Might have been around the time when the clocks went forward? Either way the time was out by a significant amount of hours. Had to change it manually in the end.

Guest arnookie

If you have not updated and you had battery problems, ie loosing charge whilst using the hudl 2 with charger plugged in.

Then update your hudl 2 because this latest update DOES fix the charging problems.  

It also fixes clock problems and makes the hudl 2 run more stable.

This update is a must. I highly recommend everyone updates.

It will not stop rooting and does not effect anything regarding "hacking" the unit.

ie no more security added. :0-)

Before updating please do a full factory data reset from backup and restore. Also restore any apps you may have removed from system and un-root. Although root by itself should not effect the update.  

When updated re-root by the tethered cwm root method.

Do Not Use Pauls root method on this update!

Edited by arnookie

Guest decpvr

Before updating please do a full factory data reset from backup and restore. Also restore any apps you may have removed from system and un-root. Although root by itself should not effect the update.

When updated re-root by the tethered cwm root method.

Do Not Use Pauls root method on this update!

Is this still necessary if I haven't rooted my device?

I have removed some of the apps - by going to settings->apps-> and then using the 'disable' option.

Do I still need to do a reset or can I update 'as is'?

Also does anyone know which folder the OTA update is stored in?

Guest decpvr

Updated without any issues.

As a side note; 'Angry Birds Go' appears to work now. Prior to the update this would not load. I don't know if it's related to the update or a new version from the developer. IIRC someone mentioned this had stopped working after the previous update. Maybe one of the 'bug fixes' sorted this out?