No removable back cover/battery

Guest Umrtvovacz

Guest Umrtvovacz

Hello, I am considering picking this phone up, as I just broke the screen on my Ascend G300, which is way too old anyway. The Su6 has great specs for the price, and I am also a Vodafone customer so I could get it even cheaper. But the problem I have is that there is no back cover to remove to pull the battery out. What if I need to pull the battery to restart the phone? Or to change old/dead battery? I would be willing to pay slightly more to have removable battery but only thing that comes close is Honor 4C, but it's smaller and has worse resolution.

Is the non-removable battery as big of a deal as I make it? How you deal with phone being stuck and needing hard reset? This is the only downside of Su6 for me...

Guest Frankish

A long press of the power button has always reset the phone for me when its stuck. Not been an issue so far. And I'm sure with a little effort it could be replaced if needed however I've not seen a tear down yet...

Guest BigD18t

Hard reset is a case of holding power and volume up for about 30s

Non removable battery is not an issue for me, it lasts all day, and never had issues with my N5.

Guest Frankish

I am glad to hear that about the long press. Can you see any screws or edges to pry the plastic cover off?

Hmm no I can't actually. But it mostly likely is just clipped on and needs a bit of a pry to open.

Guest Umrtvovacz

Hmm no I can't actually. But it mostly likely is just clipped on and needs a bit of a pry to open.

That's usually the case. I have all the tools to replace parts, but I'd rather not sold things if not needed.

Guest Umrtvovacz

It looks like the top half of the phone would need to come off as the back up past the buttons is one molded piece.

Doesn't sound like it would open easily...

Guest Umrtvovacz

I think you're over thinking this. The battery should outlast the phone realistically.

I mostly wanted removable battery to have hard reset but it seems I can do that using buttons.