Thinking of getting this but

Guest Waspsoton

Guest Waspsoton

I am thinking of getting this for my 7 year old but got some questions. 

1. How does is compare to the ipad2??

2. Is it worth installing a different laucher??

3. Has anyone used plex on here??

• 2 weeks later...
Guest George Styles

1. Well its MUCH MUCH cheaper - its a bit smaller, and the screen is "only" full HD (1280x1080 i think). It obviously also runs Android, not IOS (an advantage IMO).

In day to day use, the thing is surprisingly responsive - ive had mine for a while now, and have no complaints about it whatsoever. It also supports memory expansion by MicroSD which the iPad doesnt, which is a major plus. I wouldnt swap mine for a top of the range iPad personally :)

2. Yes, I ditched the Tesco launcher on day 1 and installed Apex launcher, since its what I use on my phone and im used to it

3. Yes, I use plex on a VM as a server, and use it to play on the Hudl, my phone, my partners iPad and my Chromecast, and it works very well

hth

g

Guest speedy99

Both of my children have hudl 2 and they love them. The built in paternal controls are very useful.

Replace the tesco launcher with the Google launcher.

We also have plex running on them connecting to a Linux Plex server.

Don't bother its trash. Tesco managed to make a tablet that doesn't let you do what you want with it, like blocking custom ROMs. It's like there trying to be apple and telling you what you can and cant do with a device that you've paid money for...