ZTE Blade L3 - Recovery, OTG and other questions etc.

Guest evgeny.magata

Guest evgeny.magata

Hi People,

i got myself a ZTE Blade L3 which unfortunately is named so similar to the ZTE Blade 3, it is kind of hard to find good information, let alone the fact that i got confused trying to install KonstaT's cwm recovery for the Blade 3 on the Blade L3, wondering why it wouldnt work. As for rooting it, the only way i found is using Kingroot.

As it comes with Lollipop per default, i am OK with it right now, but obviously i would prefer something like Cyanogenmod 12 in the future, but i guess that might take some time. I would like to install a different Recovery as a minimum modification, since the one that ZTE ships is all in Chinese, which i cannot read. So if someone has tips for me how to do that, i'd appreciate it.

Another thing that bugs me is that i primarily bought the phone to use it with this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudiorecorderpro&hl=en since the ZTE Blade L3 was the cheapest recent phone i could find with USB Host capabilities.

So i explicitly bought the phone anticipating that USB OTG will work out-of-the-box, which it doesnt. I still have to check with a different OTG cable, to rule out something as simple as a bad cable, but has somebody tried USB OTG already and can confirm it works / does not work?

Thanks,
E.

Edited by evgeny.magata

Guest KonstaT

Your device has a MediaTek chipset so you can pretty much forget CyanogenMod. That's not going to happen.

Quick Google search told me there's custom recoveries available at Spanish and Russian forums so you can at least get that sorted.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest evgeny.magata

i just figured out the recovery is already there, i was just mistakenly trying to do Power-VolDown which takes you to this chinese menu (which i have no clue about what it does), while Power-VolUp takes you to the english recovery. So thats that. Now i just need to figure out how to get USB OTG working and and i will sit tight and hope for MediaTek to release its kernel sources ;)

• 2 months later...
Guest mitchde

Hi, there is work on CWM on Blade L3!

Perhaps someone can help fixing some fstab bugs. CWM is already booting but not functionalbe.

Here the thread (other site, german but i think eng is sure welcome). 

I am not the dev of the .img (github link in the thread beloew) , but posted the errors of the first CWM version. (also screenshoot).

http://www.android-hilfe.de/thema/zte-blade-l3-cyanogenmod-und-cwm-recovery.733124/

DSCF0641.jpg

Edited by mitchde

• 7 months later...
Guest Adrian-T
On 9/6/2015 at 8:47 AM, evgeny.magata said:

Have you tried inserting your device and mounting it from storage in the settings