very helpfull file possible sticky?

Guest dmw2010

WARNING: make sure you reboot to android to the desktop between each file update. do not install more than 1 file at a time as this WILL brick your hudl.

DO NOT install big lollipop update via tether as it bricks hudl. only install 1gig lollipop file via ota.

http://1drv.ms/1YOc0Dd this file is the 314 meg update you receive when you flash paulobriens r1 latest rooted image for 20150106.154003 (r1): DOWNLOAD   from this thread (http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/373642-how-to-root-your-hudl-2/)   and many people end up in a boot loop, so heres the fix

download the file above and add it to a sd card

flash paulobriens latest r1 image as per his instructions

then reboot

do the google keyboard hack (instructions on here somewhere) admin maybe add link

enable the usb debugging by the keyboard hack and accept the authorisation message

then use the launcher.bat type ACCEPT then T3 and wait for the tethered recovery

choose update from zip on sd card and choose file

install it and reboot.

then repeat for the small lollipop edited update file here http://1drv.ms/1QKKqRe

this is the small pre lollipop update it also has all checks removed so no errors installing

it is fine to then let the lollipop big update to install via ota with no errors. DO NOT install big lollipop update like this as this bricks hudl. only install big lollipop update via ota

I hope this helps lots of people out. its a new file I captured from being in the bootloop my self, I downloaded the 314meg update but wouldn't install so I then did a cwm backup then extracted it from the backup the edited the script.

NOTE TO ADMIN

if you want to edit and make this a sticky feel free, please find a better host and edit links for the files as I have temporary got it on my one drive

Edited by dmw2010
to add warnings

Guest RagingPolishMan

I can't seem to find a tutorial on how to do this Google Keyboard hack :/

I have tried to search on many forums, I don't know whether or not I am not being specific enough. I am wondering if there's a link to it, or if it is needed to use this process.

Guest aaronmaher47

Has anyone progressed with this? I can't install the update, it fails in android recovery, I have unrooted the device and re tried it again but to no avail. 

I'm getting mixed explanations on here and don't want to brick the tablet, I can't flash stock:

Download

• Rooted Image for 20150106.154003 (r1): DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - ZIP MD5: 837b0a8beb5c0e21a6521b94c68d1fe0 / Image MD5: 4feb49cd6845aebcef96f05048bd6062
  • Rooted Image for 20141009.191216 (r1): DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - ZIP MD5: 3861a3769b08b671fd86c8d9d748e4a2 / Image MD5: 6d424b3f32c1b0fe94f1e841d5042e63
  • Rooted Image for 20140924.194555 (r3): DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - ZIP MD5: 9c58e25f5d9786555dc0f5e5f777fda1 / Image MD5: 9329255e0928c69e3ba6f5e4cde7fc6c
  • ADB / Fastboot tools: DOWNLOAD (ROMraid) - ZIP MD5: 299162039f527bc361221fb526976fc7

None of those ^^^ are the same as the firmware I have at present, mine is 20150529 and the advice is to not flash any of them unless it matches what I currently have so I'm a bit stumped on what to do next. 

I have all my stuff backed up, I have all the necessary files downloaded ready and waiting, just need a little guidance :) 

cheers!  

Guest RagingPolishMan

I have managed to get the keyboard hack to work by clicking on terms and conditions of google chrome, then highliting anything; searching it, and then you search for settings. Voila.

Has anyone progressed with this? I can't install the update, it fails in android recovery, I have unrooted the device and re tried it again but to no avail. 

I'm getting mixed explanations on here and don't want to brick the tablet, I can't flash stock:

None of those ^^^ are the same as the firmware I have at present, mine is 20150529 and the advice is to not flash any of them unless it matches what I currently have so I'm a bit stumped on what to do next. 

I have all my stuff backed up, I have all the necessary files downloaded ready and waiting, just need a little guidance :) 

cheers!  

However I have the same issue now, my firmware does not match any of these...

• 2 months later...

After installing 2nd update and exiting recovery, tablet doesn't respond at all... presume bricked?

tried power button, power + volume up/down.. nothing. even when USB connected charging light doesn't turn on.

Is there anything to do?

Guest brackehill_mob

@tibrocks I suspect it's a brick. I've got 3 of these in the house and one of my kids let the battery drop so much it powered off. It now behaves exactly as you describe. I even put a fully charged battery in it from one of the other ones and it wouldn't come back to life. Sorry :(