[DEV][ROM][23.1.] Sailfish OS for ZTE Open C / Kis 3

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Dear, sees the phone and SIM card of the mobile Internet, and so the same balance check, is this normal?

I'm not sure I again understand correctly. So you have your SIM recognized? That's awesome if you do. :) Does it ask for a SIM PIN at some point? Can you send/receive SMS? Mobile data works?

On my device ofono (telephony stack) segfaults so I'm not getting anything. I'm using a prepaid SIM in this device and I think I've had problems with prepaid SIMs from this carrier before (with B2G on some device IIRC). It works fine on CM, though. :o

Edited by KonstaT

Hi, on my Open C (model whitout proximity and ambient light sensors) the mobile data works fine but I can't make/receive calls or sms. I´m using a SIM whit PIN security disabled.

Guest KonstaT

Hi, on my Open C (model whitout proximity and ambient light sensors) the mobile data works fine but I can't make/receive calls or sms. I´m using a SIM whit PIN security disabled.

Yeah, I'm testing with a different SIM card as we speak. SIM in recognized and PIN code is asked. Right IMEI number is shown in 'About product'. Mobile data works (both 3G and 2G). Wifi-tethering works. USB-tethering works. Receiving SMS works (sending doesn't). Can't make voice calls ('problem with network' notification). SIM toolkit app is accessible from app drawer.

This is so awesome! :D New screenshots in the first post (picture or it didn't happen ;))

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

What about backing up Sailfish OS while TWRP? 102%!!! Error in every backing up process.

Works fine with CWM, don't know about TWRP.

Proximity sensor don't work. Jolla account don't work without IMEI (error message: "Problems during device IMEI registration. Device IMEI was not saved."). Option "Allow developer updates" don't work.

Well, that's a bit strange if proximity sensor doesn't work. What does Messwerk say under 'Proximity'? Mine just shows 'Proximity detected' overlined, no graph or anything. Those logs are for ambient light sensor and they still don't tell me anything other that we're getting some reading from the sensor (which is good I guess).

Jolla account and anything related to it (Jolla Store, etc) is not enabled on community ports. I can ask if we can have it enabled now that we can uniquely identify devices. I need someone to do 'ssu s' in terminal and verify that it shows your IMEI as device UID. Also check that IMEI and wlan MAC address in 'About product' match the ones in the sticker behind your device's battery.

Edited by KonstaT

On my device (Open C) the 'ssu s' command shows the correct device UID, IMEI and wlan MAC are also correct but in bluetooth it does't show anything, is that normal? I see in your screenshots that the bluetooth address is empty too.
The Sailfish UI works very fine compared whith my Jolla phone except some apps that works more slowly, one question, the double-tap to wake up the device don't work, is that a hardware limitation?

Guest debian2

Works fine with CWM, don't know about TWRP.

Well, that's a bit strange if proximity sensor doesn't work. What does Messwerk say under 'Proximity'? Mine just shows 'Proximity detected' overlined, no graph or anything. Those logs are for ambient light sensor and they still don't tell me anything other that we're getting some reading from the sensor (which is good I guess).

Jolla account and anything related to it (Jolla Store, etc) is not enabled on community ports. I can ask if we can have it enabled now that we can uniquely identify devices. I need someone to do 'ssu s' in terminal and verify that it shows your IMEI as device UID. Also check that IMEI and wlan MAC address in 'About product' match the ones in the sticker behind your device's battery.

Yes, "Proxomity" is overllined without anything. Log is empty.

Guest KonstaT
On my device (Open C) the 'ssu s' command shows the correct device UID, IMEI and wlan MAC are also correct but in bluetooth it does't show anything, is that normal? I see in your screenshots that the bluetooth address is empty too.
The Sailfish UI works very fine compared whith my Jolla phone except some apps that works more slowly, one question, the double-tap to wake up the device don't work, is that a hardware limitation?

Thanks, I'll put up a request to have Jolla Store enabled for this device.

I'm not sure if community builds are even supposed to show the bluetooth MAC in 'About product'. Either way, bt MAC is not correct at the moment (cat /sys/devices/virtual/bluetooth/hci0/address). Not sure why it's not picked up but it's not a major problem right now.

IMO Sailfish OS performs pretty decent as well. Probably not a good idea to have several large apps open at the same time with Sailfish's 'true' multitasking as this device only has 512mb of RAM. Warehouse app seems strangely slow for some reason and I think it's reported to have similar issues on other devices as well.

Double tap to wake needs hardware support. If it was working we could have it in CM, too. Our goodix touchpanel driver actually supports gestures by default but ZTE butchered it pretty bad with their modifications. I poked around with it when I did the capasitive button disabler for CM but never got gestures working.

Yes, "Proxomity" is overllined without anything. Log is empty.

OK, thanks. I think other devices have had some issues with proximity, too.

Guest KonstaT

IDK, a lot seems to get lost in translation. :/ Maybe you're also under some false impression what this is and what it will be. This is certainly interesting development, but like it says in the first post, it's really not meant for daily use. First alpha is already highly functional compared to other Sailfish OS community ports for other devices.  

KonstaT-not mobile network 3G only. Help please me 

Heh, everything is apparently pretty well if you're worried about things like this. ;) Priority is still to get all hardware working properly and reliably. I have no idea where network mode selection items are picked up and if it's something I could do anything about even if I wanted to (not likely to happen). It's actually only small part of the operating system I'm building from the source. Most of it comes in precompiled packages like in any other Linux distro. Some of the Sailfish OS UI elements are even closed source.

KonstaT, Calls and messages do not work, the Internet works and DRC checking account simkarty request. no requests a PIN code is not

Errm, I just wrote what works and what doesn't few posts up and even added all the info to first post. Receiving SMS works for me - sending SMS doesn't. alpha1 is missing one telephony package but I doubt it has any effect on SMS, just voice calls (which are still not working). You can install it with 'devel-su zypper in telepathy-ring' in terminal.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Bug music rather than play with headphones playing dynamics

Did you read the first post and do what is told there?

It's needed to run

devel-su systemctl restart ohmd.service

in terminal after each boot because of systemd timing issues (omhd is initially started before headset jack input device is created).

Edited by KonstaT

Guest instance

Thanks for the brilliant work KonstaT!! Sailfish OS is amazing.

Just curious, what needs to happen for the calls to work? I can see it that many SFOS ports are missing this only bit.

Guest KonstaT

Thanks for the brilliant work KonstaT!! Sailfish OS is amazing.

Just curious, what needs to happen for the calls to work? I can see it that many SFOS ports are missing this only bit.

Not sure, I haven't really looked into it yet. After my SIM card issue it came as a little surprise that RIL 'just works'. Yeah, I've been told this is the RIL fuctionality many devices get. There's newer versions of ofono (telephony stack) I'm yet to try.

Guest KonstaT

i can't chose language,the touchscreen is stopped & i following the instuctions. help me!

You need to know if your device has ambient light/proximity sensor or not (if/when there's another build, it will be auto-detected). Don't install the last zip if your device doesn't have it, it'll break touchscreen for devices that don't. Or if your device has als/prox, touchscreen will be broken without the patch. Which Open C do you have (French variant or something else)?

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

cm12.1 installation aborted status 0, zte open c. help please

Care to be more specific? What's the whole abort message?

Make sure you've followed installation instructions in the third post to the letter. Sailfish OS rootfs takes nearly 800mb of ~1gb available on /data partition on Open C partition layout. You must wipe your device before installation or it won't even fit!

Edited by KonstaT

Care to be more specific? What's the whole abort message?

Make sure you've followed installation instructions in the third post to the letter. Sailfish OS rootfs takes nearly 800mb of ~1gb available on /data partition on Open C partition layout. You must wipe your device before installation or it won't even fit!

cm-12.1-20151009 established , I think the problem in version cm, but it is not put SailfishOS, and I'm sorry, I'm too from Russia , it's Google translator :-)
Edited by dzexon

Guest KonstaT

cm-12.1-20151009 established , I think the problem in version cm, but it is not put SailfishOS, and I'm sorry, I'm too from Russia , it's Google translator :-)

LOL, so you're doing everything wrong. ;) I've given clear installation instructions that you should follow. If this is too difficult for you to understand, you shouldn't even try!

Sailfish OS won't boot with cm-12.1-20151009 build but it has nothing to do with installation aborting. It's most likely because you didn't wipe and run out of space in /data.

Edited by KonstaT

LOL, so you're doing everything wrong. ;) I've given clear installation instructions that you should follow. If this is too difficult for you to understand, you shouldn't even try!

Sailfish OS won't boot with cm-12.1-20151009 build but it has nothing to do with installation aborting. It's most likely because you didn't wipe and run out of space in /data.

I did everything according to instructions, problem solved download from my own mirror , I copy all the just in case