9gb all used up after update!?

Guest Raven Morpheus

Guest Raven Morpheus

Hello

New to this forum, couldn't really find any other forum that has interest in the Tesco Hudl2 though, so I'm hoping the members here can help.

The other day I upgraded my Hudl2 to 5.1 lollipop.  All was OK I though until I came to update a couple of apps and noticed that the 9.12GB space you're provided with was almost all used up (I had about 200mb left).

Now, prior to the update I had not installed many apps, certainly not the majority of the 9.12gb, and as far as I was aware I had lots of space left.

Can anyone here shed any light on this, is there a way I can clear the used up space without removing apps/doing a factory reset?

TIA

Edited by Raven Morpheus

Guest pudpoh

Some apps like Facebook will fill your storage with data they cache, I would say Facebook is the worst offender, I've seen it eat gigs of space. If you go into settings, storage, you can delete all the app caches very rapidly. Hopefully you'll find your storage space is returned. 

Guest Raven Morpheus

I don't have facebook installed.

I have the default apps installed, and the ones I've installed myself have all been moved to the SD Card, apart from Poweramp because the widget doesn't work if I move it to the SD card.  I've tried deleting the app caches but they're tiny, we're talking 10's of MB, not gigs.

It's as though the update ate up internal storage space to the tune of a few gb as well as flashing over the original OS.

Edited by Raven Morpheus

Guest warwound

Go to Settings > Storage.

You should see a list which gives you a breakdown of what's using your 9GBs internal memory.

Click Apps in the list and you'll see a further breakdown of app memory usage.

Can you see now where your 9GBs have gone?

Edited by warwound
Corrected typo