Hudl 2 can’t charge to full when switched on, ok when off

Guest booms81

Guest booms81

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before but I can’t find anyone with the same problem.

When I try to charge my Hudl 2, if it’s on, it’ll get as far as about 78% and then do a slightly alarming thing where the screen flickers between off (with the red charging light glowing) and on (with the charging light off). It never gets beyond this charge level.

If I charge it when it’s full turned off, it’ll work fine and get to 100% charge (reported, anyway) when I turn it on just fine.

It’s a bit annoying as I tend to plug the thing in when I’m not using it, just so it keeps a full charge.

Any tips?

If it's still in warranty, request a repair by Tesco - irrespective of them not selling them anymore, they can't refuse to either fix it or refund you if you're in warranty.

If you're out of warranty and 'nothing' is running in the background while you're trying to charge it :-

• Install a benchmark program and set it on loop until your battery dies, then keep you hudl2 off while you fully charge it with the original (or known working) charge and cable. Which according to your post should work.
  • Then unfortunately factory reset it and try again from a 'known' software state - you'd need to backup anything you didn't want to loose beforehand (just saying Grandma in case others are reading and are too eager!)

To be honest, if you're still in warranty Tesco would probably want you to do the second point anyway, before they'd accept it back for refund / replacement / service whatever ......