Jump to content
KonstaT

[Recovery] TWRP 3.0.2-0 for Huawei Y5

Recommended Posts

This is my build of Dees-Troy's Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) 3.0.2-0 for Huawei Y5 (Y560-L01/L02/L03/U23).

Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this page instead.

recovery-twrp-3.0.2-1-y560.zip (TWRP flashable)
http://konstakang.com/devices/y560/TWRP
md5:f3a01b94338a0272e0cc7e3be537c78e

recovery-twrp3021-y560.img
http://konstakang.com/devices/y560/TWRP
md5:7af4f29e20d5c3b474dca80342451132

Do not use this recovery to flash official updates from Huawei website! You need to repack them for custom recovery or use the stock recovery to install.

How to install:
1. Download and install Huawei USB drivers (windows) or setup udev rules (linux)
2. Download and install Android SDK tools and platform-tools to get adb and fastboot
3. Download recovery-twrpxxxx-y560.img recovery image and rename it to recovery.img
4. Create a new directory somewhere and copy adb(.exe), fastboot(.exe) and recovery.img into it
5. Enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking on your device (Settings -> Developer options -> Android debugging & Settings -> Developer options -> OEM unlocking)
6. Plug in your device via USB cable and install drivers if necessary
7. Open terminal window, change into the directory you've created and execute following command in terminal window to boot into bootloader

adb reboot bootloader

8. Unlock bootloader (this will wipe your device!)

fastboot oem unlock-go

9. Boot recovery image to make a clean backup of your firmware

fastboot boot recovery.img

10. Reboot back to bootloader and flash recovery image to recovery partition

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

 

How to root your Android using TWRP?
1. Download Chainfire's SuperSU and copy it to your sdcard
2. Follow instructions on how to install/boot TWRP recovery
3. Install the SuperSU zip in TWRP

How to restore stock recovery?
1. Download TWRP flashable zip below and copy it to your sdcard
2. Install the zip in TWRP
2. Reboot recovery

recovery-stock-Y560-L01V100R001C577B040.zip
http://konstakang.com/devices/y560/TWRP
md5:f8595a3bd3bfa924c006450f2f8d3266

Sources for the recovery are available in my github. You can compile it yourself using OmniROM source tree.

Like my work?
Edited by KonstaT
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13.11. changelog:

  • bump to 3.0.2-1 version number because of device specific changes
  • fix rare issue where device only reboots back to recovery (misc partition)
  • add option to backup recovery partition

20.4. changelog:

  • TWRP 3.0.2-0

19.1. changelog:

  • initial release

 

Previous builds:

recovery-twrp-3.0.2-0-y560.zip (TWRP flashable)
http://konstakang.com/devices/y560/TWRP
md5:001fd54cb9a49e9e1c7211229cf42cfc

recovery-twrp3020-y560.img
http://konstakang.com/devices/y560/TWRP
md5:0dd943cc4e45f6d1ebcf729f220017b3

recovery-twrp-2.8.7.0-y560.zip (TWRP flashable)
http://konstakang.com/devices/y560/TWRP
md5:6daf733c10f7402335fea043317c9d93

recovery-twrp2870-y560.img
http://konstakang.com/devices/y560/TWRP
md5:2019efb29ed4637f09ccd9d2e4745d95

Edited by KonstaT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, amiro1355 said:

hi. it will to work on huawei y5(y560-u02) ?

thanks

That's the one with Spreadtrum SC7731 chipset, right? In that case absolute not.

This should work on Huawei Y5 Qualcomm msm8909 variants (Y560-L01/L02/L03). CyanogenMod builds might need some work to support Y560-L02/L03 depending what's different on those devices (if any? - haven't looked into it). Y560-U23 has different camera and sensors afaict.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KonstaT said:

That's the one with Spreadtrum SC7731 chipset, right? In that case absolute not.

This should work on Huawei Y5 Qualcomm msm8909 variants (Y560-L01/L02/L03). CyanogenMod builds might need some work to support Y560-L02/L03 depending what's different on those devices (if any? - haven't looked into it). Y560-U23 has different camera and sensors afaict.

ok, thanks. 

Edited by amiro1355
no comment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It says "cannot load 'recovery.img': No such file or directory"but adb,fastboot and the image are in the same folder.

At 7 you are saying  7. Open terminal window, change into the directory you've created and execute following command in terminal window to boot into bootloader .How can I change into that directory?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Drakulast said:

It says "cannot load 'recovery.img': No such file or directory"but adb,fastboot and the image are in the same folder.

At 7 you are saying  7. Open terminal window, change into the directory you've created and execute following command in terminal window to boot into bootloader .How can I change into that directory?

cd = change directory

cd dirname

Make sure you've renamed recovery image to recovery.img or use whatever full filename you have for the recovery image (e.g. 'fastboot boot foobar.img').

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/01/2016 at 3:59 PM, KonstaT said:

recovery-stock-Y560-L01V100R001C577B040.zip

http://www.mediafire.com/?1ep2vq748rl2v2a
md5:f8595a3bd3bfa924c006450f2f8d3266

Hi, Just looking at this for my Huawei Y5 (Y560-L01) to replace the stock recovery ahead of try new rom...(your CyanogenMod 12.1 ;) )
and wanting to save my stock recovery just in case I ever wanted to replace it...

I wonder what method you used to create your stock recovery …

Looking at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2450045
I used adb shell (after rooting, but still with stock recovery) and saw the recovery partition mounting point was mmcblk0p24
so created a copy using
•    using dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p24 of=/sdcard/orig-recovery-system.img

This created a 30MB image… which is a lot bigger than yours (recovery-stock-Y560-L01V100R001C577B040.zip)….
Did I misunderstand or do something wrong?

thanks

Edited by smiffyma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, smiffyma said:

Hi, Just looking at this for my Huawei Y5 (Y560-L01) to replace the stock recovery ahead of try new rom...(your CyanogenMod 12.1 ;) )
and wanting to save my stock recovery just in case I ever wanted to replace it...

I wonder what method you used to create your stock recovery …

Looking at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2450045
I used adb shell (after rooting, but still with stock recovery) and saw the recovery partition mounting point was mmcblk0p24
so created a copy using
•    using dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p24 of=/sdcard/orig-recovery-system.img

This created a 30MB image… which is a lot bigger than yours (recovery-stock-Y560-L01V100R001C577B040.zip)….
Did I misunderstand or do something wrong?

thanks

That will work too. It dumps the whole recovery partition so the rest of it is just trailing zeros. BTW it's good practice to use the partition name (/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery in this case) instead of the number so you don't accidentally write to wrong partition. One typo and you could brick your device for good (e.g. overwriting one the bootloader partitions). Not so crucial when dumping partitions, though.

I've created the stock recovery with applypatch tool and files extracted from stock firmware package I downloaded from Huawei support site. You'd need boot.img, /system/bin/install-recovery.sh, /system/etc/recovery-resource.dat, and /system/recovery-from-boot.p files to do this. This results recovery image that is the right size and there's also a sha1sum to verify you have exactly the image you're supposed to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, KonstaT said:

BTW it's good practice to use the partition name (/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery in this case) instead of the number so you don't accidentally write to wrong partition.

 

thanks for the explanation- I'm learning ... so I wasn't too wrong...  (but it would be better practice to use dd if= /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery of=/sdcard/orig-recovery-system.img ) ...

it makes sense that my size is much larger as I'm dumping lots of empty space ...

Anyway I think I'll use your zip should I need to restore the recovery, as it looks less error prone.

thanks again

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alexzar said:

when i installed i rebbot my phone and then icannot open and boot what should i do?

How about start by writing a post that makes at least some sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4. Create a new directory somewhere and copy adb(.exe), fastboot(.exe) and recovery.img into it
Can someone tell me how i must do that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adb can't find my phone.

Quote

adb reboot bootloader

 

* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: no devices/emulators found

I'm using Windows 10 education

I installed Android Studio, copyed adb, fastboot and adbwinapi.dll to separate directory with recovery.img.

OEM unlocking and debugging is on. I installed HiSuite. My usb drivers came with it, I think. At least there's Android phone/Android Adapter ADB interface in device management without any notifications while Connect to PC software is selected. So I think it should be working. If I try Camera PTP nothing change.

I googled a lot, but couldn't find solution. I searched Huawei's webpage for usb drivers, but there are none. Should I try other drivers?

Can someone help me please? I'm totally stuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Meirami said:

Adb can't find my phone.

I'm using Windows 10 education

I installed Android Studio, copyed adb, fastboot and adbwinapi.dll to separate directory with recovery.img.

OEM unlocking and debugging is on. I installed HiSuite. My usb drivers came with it, I think. At least there's Android phone/Android Adapter ADB interface in device management without any notifications while Connect to PC software is selected. So I think it should be working. If I try Camera PTP nothing change.

I googled a lot, but couldn't find solution. I searched Huawei's webpage for usb drivers, but there are none. Should I try other drivers?

Can someone help me please? I'm totally stuck.

Most definitely a driver issue. I'm not a Windows user so I don't know what driver you'd need to install. These are the vendor/product ids driver needs to support (snippet from my udev rules).

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="259a", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei mass_storage
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="259b", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei mass_storage,adb
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="259c", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei mtp
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="259d", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei mtp,adb
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="259e", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei ptp
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2601", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei ptp,adb
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2602", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei rndis
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2603", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei rndis,adb
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2493", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei diag,serial_smd,serial_tty,mass_storage
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2498", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei diag,serial_smd,serial_tty,mass_storage,adb

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KonstaT said:

Most definitely a driver issue. I'm not a Windows user so I don't know what driver you'd need to install. These are the vendor/product ids driver needs to support (snippet from my udev rules).

SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="259a", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei mass_storage
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="259b", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei mass_storage,adb
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="259c", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei mtp
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="259d", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei mtp,adb
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="259e", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei ptp
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2601", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei ptp,adb
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2602", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei rndis
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2603", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei rndis,adb
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2493", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei diag,serial_smd,serial_tty,mass_storage
SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", ATTRS{idVendor}=="12d1", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2498", MODE="0666", OWNER="username" #Huawei diag,serial_smd,serial_tty,mass_storage,adb

 

 

Thanks for the help. I don't know why it didn't work. I started from the beginning again, and it worked. I used minimal adb and fastboot at this time. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317790

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ton1uwu said:

I have a question about the method, can i install this custom recovery with Rashr? is there any risk if i use this method¿

You still need to use fastboot to unlock the bootloader so why not flash recovery while at it? Also you don't have to resort to any shady root exploits to gain root access first.

It should be fine to use apps like Rashr and Flashify but I've never tested it myself.

Edited by KonstaT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New build.

recovery-twrp-3.0.2-1-y560.zip (TWRP flashable)
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767115307
md5:f3a01b94338a0272e0cc7e3be537c78e

recovery-twrp3021-y560.img
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457095661767115308
md5:7af4f29e20d5c3b474dca80342451132

-bump to 3.0.2-1 version number because of device specific changes
-fix rare issue where device only reboots back to recovery (misc partition)
-add option to backup recovery partition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a software update to version B046 does not work run the command fastboot oem unlock-it to unlock the bootloader
there is a failed on the Huawei can not get the code and wanted to upload a 13 cm ask for a specific idea to move in that direction without upload twrp3020 recorvery not move

bootloader.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kris2 said:

After a software update to version B046 does not work run the command fastboot oem unlock-it to unlock the bootloader
there is a failed on the Huawei can not get the code and wanted to upload a 13 cm ask for a specific idea to move in that direction without upload twrp3020 recorvery not move

Shame on Huawei if they've really removed possibility to unlock bootloader with a firmware update. I haven't run stock since January so I don't even know if there's been any updates. Is that B046 firmware available at Huawei support site?

There's really nothing you can do with locked bootloader. You could try reverting back to older stock firmware (with older bootloader) but I think that is not allowed either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I copied an older version of B040 and B045 on the memory card folder and DLOAD and one nor the other did not move aborted and as much as They made ... help as the script there are mixed and there is no return without bootloader downloaded

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×