[DEV][ROM][13.11.] CyanogenMod 12.1 (Android 5.1.1) for Huawei Y5

Guest KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Here's my build of CyanogenMod 12.1 for Huawei Y5 (Y560-L01/L02/L03/U23). It is unofficial and unsupported by the CyanogenMod team. It's for advanced users only.

Screenshot_2016-01-19-17-40-27.png Screenshot_2016-01-19-17-40-51.png

Do not mirror my builds! Please post a link to this page instead.

cm-12.1-20161113-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-y560.zip
http://konstakang.com/devices/y560/CM12.1
md5:8256c2acc631a02264a90688dc3cabd5

Google apps:
The Open Gapps Project

Working:

• RIL (mobile network, SMS & data)
  • Wifi
  • Audio (playback/input/routing/headphones/etc)
  • Bluetooth
  • Camera (photos, camcorder & panorama)
  • FM radio
  • GPS
  • Hardware acceleration and OpenGL rendering
  • Hardware video decoding & encoding
  • SD cards
  • USB-storage & adb
  • USB-tethering
  • Wifi-tethering
  • Touchscreen/multi-touch
  • Sensors
  • LEDs

Not working:

• ???

Important!!! If you’re using my open sourced work as a part of your project, be fair and give proper credits, and contribute back by keeping your project open source as well. I've put countless hours of my spare time into this project and I deserve at least this (I'm not getting paid to do this). Free and open source doesn't mean without respect!

Sources:

• CyanogenMod team & everyone who's been working on CM12.1
Like my work?
btn_donate_LG.gif
Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Merged commits not mentioned in the changelog.

13.11. changelog:

• build kernel & wifi driver from source
  • remove kernel modules support (go moduleless)
  • kernel performance optimizations (Cortex-A7 tuning & optimized memutils)
  • add BFQ i/o scheduler and enable it by default
  • add vibrator intensity control
  • add kernel patch for DriveDroid
  • fix glitchy notification sounds, etc
  • enable KSM
  • patch shtload of known vulnerabilities in kernel (CVE-xxxx-xxxx, and more)
  • Android security patch level: 1 October 2016 (merged)

20.4. changelog

• add missing binary blobs for hi544 qunhui and ov8858 chicony camera hardware
  • add proximity wake gesture
  • enable proximity check on wake feature
  • add 'Y5 Hardware Info' app
  • Android security patch level: 1 April 2016 (merged)

21.2. changelog:

• address few SELinux denials
  • add missing blobs for h263/m4v encoding
  • Android security patch level: 1 February 2016 (merged)

31.1. changelog:

• SELinux enforcing
  • add ANT+ support
  • enable performance profiles
  • use proper dalvik heap values

19.1. changelog:

• initial release

Previous builds:

cm-12.1-20160420-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-y560.zip
md5:703257955ab98142a8d156df0577de3d 

cm-12.1-20160221-UNOFFICIAL-KonstaKANG-y560.zip
md5:c7a97248a84ef34195838ca6adac5792

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

How to install:

1. boot into TWRP recovery
  2. backup -> backup (create a nandroid backup of your current ROM)
  3. wipe -> advanced wipe -> wipe /system
  4. wipe -> factory reset
  5. install cm-12.1-xxxxxxxx-KonstaKANG-y560.zip
  6. (install L02/L03/L23/U23 patch if necessary - see FAQ below)
  7. install open_gapps-arm-5.1-pico-xxxxxxxx.zip
  8. reboot system
  9. if/when recovery asks to install SuperSU - choose no

FAQ:

Q: I can't find developer options and performance settings, why?
A: Settings -> About phone -> Click 'Build number' several times

Q: I don't have reboot options in power menu, why?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Advanced reboot

Q: I have no root, why? What is that hashtag on my status bar?
A: Settings -> Developer options -> Root access. Root management is now integrated as part of CM's Privacy Guard and you can manage per app permissions under Settings -> Privacy -> Privacy Guard. You'll have a persistent notification in the status bar when you're running an app that uses root permissions.

Q: I have dual-SIM variant (Y560-L02/L03/L23). What do I need to do?
A: Add 'persist.radio.multisim.config=dsds' to /system/build.prop or alternatively 'setprop persist.radio.multisim.config dsds' in rooted adb shell/terminal session.

Q: I have Huawei Y5 Y560-U23. What do I need to do?
A: Install patch from this post.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest Robert Schultz

hi KonstaT, Great that you started work on Y5. Just saw a very good price of €77 for this device. Is the external micro SD accessible by UMS or only MTP. (I am a linux user and MTP really is poor).
 Many thanks

Guest KonstaT
7 hours ago, Robert Schultz said:

hi KonstaT, Great that you started work on Y5. Just saw a very good price of €77 for this device. Is the external micro SD accessible by UMS or only MTP. (I am a linux user and MTP really is poor).
 Many thanks

Yeah, MTP and Linux is not the greatest combination. External sdcard can be accessed using UMS in CM12.1 and in my TWRP build as well. Internal sdcard is emulated (/data/media) so you can only use MTP/PTP for that.

2 hours ago, erg0 said:

Thanks for porting. Do you also have the original recovery to go back to stock?

Yes, stock recovery can be created from files within stock Huawei update.App (it's actually just a zip file on this device). I also have a dump of my original recovery partition.

I've added a TWRP flashable zip to return to stock recovery to the TWRP thread.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT
20 hours ago, maw71 said:

Thank you so much, KonstaT.  Used it for the past week with no problems.  Also, Xposed framework installed without any issues; I wasn't able to do this with stock.  http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/official-xposed-lollipop-t3030118

Excellent work!

Good to hear everything is working for you. Though I wouldn't accept any issue reports if you have Xposed Framework installed anyway. ;)

5 hours ago, macio525 said:

heyy, you know where is a boot logo in stock rom?

I assume you mean the splash screen? It's in the splash partition as usual (/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash). Doesn't look like it uses any standard image format so you'll have to look into how to create one.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest macio525
2 hours ago, KonstaT said:

I assume you mean the splash screen? It's in the splash partition as usual (/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/splash). Doesn't look like it uses any standard image format so you'll have look into how to create one.

what a extension this file have? img or bin?

Guest KonstaT
59 minutes ago, macio525 said:

what a extension this file have? img or bin?

It's not a 'file' as such. It's a path to an eMMC partition. Dump it and give it whatever extension you like. ;)

Guest KonstaT
24 minutes ago, macio525 said:

When i want to get a png file from splash.img i got this 

Like said, I don't know what format it uses (doesn't look like any regular image format). You'll have to figure that out (maybe look into splash images on other Huawei devices) because I don't really care. :P

Edited by KonstaT

Installed the 31.1 build with wiping system, cache, dalvik and data (using sd card to install).

Have 2 problems, sometimes the camera app crashes. After starting camera it is focusing and then the camera does not respond anymore and get camera closed box.

Always getting cell broadcast messages. Tried to disable all warnings in sms app, but still happening. When I disable the process, it is okay for 1 day, after that it automatically restarts the process.

Using CM12.1 on my Nexus4, too and there all is fine with same sim. With original Software there aren´t this issues.

Edited by erg0

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, erg0 said:

Installed the 31.1 build with wiping system, cache, dalvik and data (using sd card to install).

Have 2 problems, sometimes the camera app crashes. After starting camera it is focusing and then the camera does not respond anymore and get camera closed box.

Always getting cell broadcast messages. Tried to disable all warnings in sms app, but still happening. When I disable the process, it is okay for 1 day, after that it automatically restarts the process.

Using CM12.1 on my Nexus4, too and there all is fine with same sim. With original Software there aren´t this issues.

Yeah, camera seems to freeze if you use flash. It's a SELinux issue - (at least) one denial I haven't addressed. Never tested camera in low light conditions with SELinux enforcing before this. Just reminds me why I dislike SELinux bring up. :P There's always some small things that you overlook. Might release a patched boot.img in a bit or wait for February AOSP security patches to get merged and do a new build.

Not sure about cell broadcast messages and how it's supposed to work. I don't think it's used here in Finland or at least I haven't ever received any. Proper way to disable this is under Settings -> More -> Emergency broadcasts. Cell broadcast feature is enabled on all CM builds by default and I'd expect you're supposed to receive them if distributed.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest KonstaT

Here's a patch for the SELinux/camera issue discussed above. Please attach audit log (/data/misc/audit/audit.log - in addition to logcat/dmesg) if you have problems that started with the lastest build but were working with the first one.

cm-12.1-y560-selinux-camera.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/?zwekcieqibz94vl
md5:7affd4211bec4cf1f7267ef6fe8f9e2d

Also tried the way you described, still the same. Just found a solution, I removed the CellBroadcastReceiver.apk in system and all fine now, outside USA it seems to be not useful.

After flashing the patch with twrp, nothing changes, still the crashes. I will go back to first build.

Guest KonstaT
14 minutes ago, erg0 said:

After flashing the patch with twrp, nothing changes, still the crashes. I will go back to first build.

Logs? Can't reproduce any issue with camera anymore. You could also try removing data for the camera app.

Guest KonstaT
On 1/28/2016 at 11:26 AM, macio525 said:

heyy, you know where is a boot logo in stock rom?

On 1/28/2016 at 5:25 PM, macio525 said:

When i want to get a png file from splash.img i got this 

I wrote a guide here how to create and change the splash screen. 

Edited by KonstaT

Guest SickBro

Very nice ROM! Good job. I am using it for daily use. I flashed the zip and now i am waiting to see if the camera bug is fixed. Waiting a port of cm 13 for our device! :D

Guest KonstaT
2 hours ago, SickBro said:

Very nice ROM! Good job. I am using it for daily use. I flashed the zip and now i am waiting to see if the camera bug is fixed. Waiting a port of cm 13 for our device! :D

I've put any new projects on hold because of the lack of proper kernel source. Huawei still hasn't responded to the numerous emails I've sent them. Not even one of the generic 'thanks for contacting us, we'll look into this' bullsht responses companies usually send out! Also got in touch with 'Huawei and honor representative' over at XDA and he promised to forward my message. Tried to contact him again and now haven't heard back from him either. Apparently Huawei is just another Chinese company that doesn't give a sht about GPL. I thought ZTE was pretty bad and Huawei was supposed to be the more reputable one - apparently I was wrong. Sometime it could take a loooong time for ZTE to release a source code but never really had any problem with it once it was finally out. You'd have to be totally incompetent to release an incomplete source code like Huawei has done for this device. Customer support is equally non-excisting with both companies. :P

I had other projects planned for this device, too (Firefox OS, Sailfish OS). Those are out of the question without a kernel source. CM13 is most likely doable with a prebuilt kernel but it gets somewhat hacky. Kernel would needs some updates for Marshmallow if you wanted to do it right (e.g. kernel need to be in line with display/media HALs). I haven't even started looking into CM13 for this device and I don't have any immediate plans to do so.

Edited by KonstaT

Guest SickBro

I have a BIG problem with the storage. i can`t install apps dirrectly on the sd card. It shows that i have 700 mb free on iternal torage but can`t install apps

Guest KonstaT
5 hours ago, SickBro said:

I have a BIG problem with the storage. i can`t install apps dirrectly on the sd card. It shows that i have 700 mb free on iternal torage but can`t install apps

I don't understand what you mean. Installing apps works just fine, moving apps to external sdcard works just fine.

Edited by KonstaT